First Name
John & Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko JLU Freedom, 2020 Punk'n JL Sport S
Occupation
John - US Army Ret/DA Civilian / Holly - Boss of husband
Anyone have a Gecko JL move from D status yet? Ordered 5/13 and heard nothing yet. Have a VIN
I ordered 5/6 and still gathering parts.

Advertisement

whenasked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited 4XE
I ordered 5/6 and still gathering parts.
Ordered 06/01 Rubicon 4XE. Status as per Jeep chat "I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process soon. "

dral

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, Ford Explorer Platinum
I have been in JS status for 14 days now. Yesterday, Jeep Chat said:

I can see your order has completed the build and has been shipped to storage. This is either to wait for room on a rail car or it may be receiving additional inspections. It should ready to ship out very soon!

I talked to my dealer today and they said it only goes to JS "storage" because it is waiting for a part.

After reviewing all the threads, the only option I can think of would be the reinforced spare tire carrier. Has anyone else in JS status ordered the reinforced spare tire carrier, or has anyone else gone past JS already with this option?
"

rlnAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 4XE Sting Gray
I have been in JS status for 14 days now. Yesterday, Jeep Chat said:

I can see your order has completed the build and has been shipped to storage. This is either to wait for room on a rail car or it may be receiving additional inspections. It should ready to ship out very soon!

I talked to my dealer today and they said it only goes to JS "storage" because it is waiting for a part.

After reviewing all the threads, the only option I can think of would be the reinforced spare tire carrier. Has anyone else in JS status ordered the reinforced spare tire carrier, or has anyone else gone past JS already with this option?
"
My build, JLR 4XE, had the Hinge Gate Reinforcement. Ordered 5/28 and just shipped today. No delay for the reinforcement that I know of.

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Excuse my ignorance but if you mean gecko as sarge green than I have an ETA 6/18-7/2, order placed 5/19. (half doors + some other options)
Referring specifically to Gecko green. Limited production color for the end of the 21’ model year. Order banks for it opened up around the beginning of May

Sponsored

Mountaineep

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Toyota Tacoma, '21 Willys Sport (On Order)
Occupation
Mining Engineer
ps What did you order? If you're outside the US, expect to get it sometime this decade. Otherwise, you should be checking with your dealer and asking Jeep chat to escalate your case for priority tracking and updates (see others' conversations here for how they have done so). If you know that you're waiting on half doors and gorilla glass and 392 engine parts, well then is it actually 79dy past you got your VIN, or is it only "49dy since they actually started building these"? (EG, if people order a 2022 today, they're certainly not getting it in 30dy).

Unless you've ordered some gold-plated spark plugs or something, you should be antsy and in communication with them. :crying:
Cool, appreciate your work and the clarification.

I ordered a Willys Sport (bare bones - manual trans/windows/locks, and no AC). It was elevated a month ago, but still no change, visited with dealer too and they don’t know much more.

K-nuk

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, CJ7
We've officially hit the impatiently waiting anxiously stage of the Jeep order. Notification 6/6 that our JLU had shipped and they gave a window of 14th to 28th. My question is does anyone in FLA (Tampa region) have experience with timing from shipped date to arrival? We got the standard "deliveries taking longer due to shortage of drivers, blah blah". I'll be glad when we can't blame COVID and lockdowns for EVERYTHING. Anyway, I digress. If anyone has experience with this timeframe, info would be appreciated!

JLU
V6 Auto
Premium Soft Top
Alpine Audio
Tow Package
Bright White
I’m in Tampa. Ordered through Lakeland.

Order date was 4/30; JLURD with half doors, and a bunch of other goodies.

According to Jeepchat my delivery window is 6/15 - 6/29.

Dealer said he looked at rail ETA (Orlando) and it was “6/24 @ 7:36AM”. He said it usually takes 1 day, sometimes 2 days to offload and get to the dealer lot.

I’ll be about 8 weeks start to finish.

jgoldenFLA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JKU currently - awaiting del of '21 JLU Sport S
I’m in Tampa. Ordered through Lakeland.

Order date was 4/30; JLURD with half doors, and a bunch of other goodies.

According to Jeepchat my delivery window is 6/15 - 6/29.

Dealer said he looked at rail ETA (Orlando) and it was “6/24 @ 7:36AM”. He said it usually takes 1 day, sometimes 2 days to offload and get to the dealer lot.

I’ll be about 8 weeks start to finish.

Thanks for that info. What was your ship date when they gave you that 15th to 29th window? Also... that's pretty specific on the rail yard eta hahaa.

K-nuk

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, CJ7
Thanks for that info. What was your ship date when they gave you that 15th to 29th window? Also... that's pretty specific on the rail yard eta hahaa.
JeepChat told me on 6/10 that it is in shipping status.

And yes that time was specific - I kinda wondered if the sales guy just made it up! 😂😂😂

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit

I ordered a Willys Sport (bare bones - manual trans/windows/locks, and no AC). It was elevated a month ago, but still no change, visited with dealer too and they don’t know much more.
Maybe you’re held up because they have remove the air conditioning!
How did you without air? It’s not an option that is added…

Sponsored

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link

Yeah, manual doors/windows are ~5dy delay, around 10dy delay for manual transmissions right now, and Willys are running 5--10dy delay. (But those are viewed independently against the averages, so you can't just add them together.) Certainly 2wk delays are reasonable based on those numbers, and this closely aligns with a recent member report that Jeep won't open a special case until the 45dy mark, which is about 2wk past the 30dy average.

ps

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...et-order-tracking.12503/page-874#post-1491571

This graph goes out to 160dy, someone in the thread recently reported nearly 180dy, and there's a good 10% of builds showing up past the 80dy mark. It's unlikely all of those are Canada or military sales. See my post on very slow orders.

Someone has to be in the tail of the distribution. :crying:

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Just think, only 10% of people are as special as you. :idea:

Judy33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ
I feel bad that I get a little jealous when someone else gets there jeep, but I think that is natural. Its worse when they ordered after mine or really close, but I don't think you should feel bad for that. You can't change how you feel about something either as long as you don't dwell on it and also still feel happy for them as well.
I am happy for those that get their Jeep but it is depressing
Yeah, manual doors/windows are ~5dy delay, around 10dy delay for manual transmissions right now, and Willys are running 5--10dy delay. (But those are viewed independently against the averages, so you can't just add them together.) Certainly 2wk delays are reasonable based on those numbers, and this closely aligns with a recent member report that Jeep won't open a special case until the 45dy mark, which is about 2wk past the 30dy average.

ps

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...et-order-tracking.12503/page-874#post-1491571

This graph goes out to 160dy, someone in the thread recently reported nearly 180dy, and there's a good 10% of builds showing up past the 80dy mark. It's unlikely all of those are Canada or military sales. See my post on very slow orders.

Someone has to be in the tail of the distribution. :crying:
You mention here that Jeep won’t open a special case until the 45 day mark. 45 days from order date? I hit that last week.

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

K-nuk

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, CJ7
Jeep won't know about it until VIN assignment, so that's the likely start of their timer.

Myself, I didn't escalate, didn't know I could, but I was in the dreaded regress state in any case. Others here have recently reported the "45 days" from Jeep chat: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...et-order-tracking.12503/page-928#post-1537009
In my case I actually had 2 cases opened. Tbh, I was for sure a PITA to JeepChat but it was something to do to pass the time 😂.

Within a normal amount of time I got to JB status but then it sat there for 5 days. I asked JeepChat to open a case. I suppose I got someone who didn’t know the ground rules and she open the case and gave me the case number. I followed up several times and then one jeepchat person told me the case has been closed. She went on to say that it should not of been opened because it was still within the expected timeframe.

Then after something like two or three weeks in JB status I again asked them to open a case and they did. A few days later they contacted me and told me it was in shipping status.

I think the Takeaway here is if you don’t ask you don’t get… At least not right away 😉

YMMV…

Last edited:

Advertisement

Advertisement