JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

jhp8

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
I picked my Jeep up from Gupton today. Ordered on 5/4. They have a bunch of customer ordered jeeps on the lot. Was surprised how small the dealership is. Not sure if it was yours, but I peaked in the back of one Jeep that was stuffed with huge boxes which I assumed were the half doors. If so, I wouldnā€™t plan on any backseat passengers for the trip home. The folks at Gupton were great. Most hassle free car shopping experience ever. Will be a customer for life for any future FCA products. Pic of my Jeep from today.

32D07B8C-C882-40BC-9AE3-3FD6E2C5CD7E.jpeg
Any idea on how long it took to ship from the plant to the dealership? I ordered from Gupton and am trying to figure out how long that part takes.

Advertisement

ShaunBJeeps

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee X4, 2017 GMC Sierra
Wait... you ordered 4 days AFTER me and it's already been delivered!?!!

Did you order the Hinge Gate Reinforcement??

I'd hate to think mine's sitting waiting for a part I could have ordered/installed after delivery. :headbang:
I did not. It was one of the few options I did not get.

PacNWJLGecko

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Side effects of Stellantis may include impatience, frustration, confusion and insomnia. If you experience these symptoms contact your dealer repeatedly.

Talk to your dealer to find out if Stellantis is right for you....
I think we'll be lucky if we make it to D1 by August at this point šŸ˜†

ShaunBJeeps

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any idea on how long it took to ship from the plant to the dealership? I ordered from Gupton and am trying to figure out how long that part takes.
I got a text that my Jeep was there a day after Jeep chat told me it has shipped. Although I checked with Jeep chat Sunday night so itā€™s possible it shipped on Friday.

my assumption is they must be shipped by truck the entire way and donā€™t get all the delays related to freight trains

IAJeepguy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR EcoDiesel
Occupation
ACMX
I ordered 5/11. Eco diesel, half doors, one touch top, front camera, leather.

have you chatted with Jeep. It seems like a lot of people who order from Gupton are getting them in 3-5 weeks. Wonder if thereā€™s some option you ordered that you could drop to get the order going faster.

Yeah Iā€™ve been in contact with Jeep Chat and Danielā€¦ Daniel has no idea when itā€™s supposed to be finished. I just opened up a case with Jeep chat on Monday. I am supposed to get an email any time the status changes now. Ordered 3/30/21.

I ordered Ecodiesel, Rubicon, regular black hardtop, black fenders, both safety groups, trail camera, trail rail system, dual door group, tailgate reinforcement, and yada yadaā€¦ loaded it out..

Sponsored

K-nuk

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, CJ7
Yeah Iā€™ve been in contact with Jeep Chat and Danielā€¦ Daniel has no idea when itā€™s supposed to be finished. I just opened up a case with Jeep chat on Monday. I am supposed to get an email any time the status changes now. Ordered 3/30/21.

I ordered Ecodiesel, Rubicon, regular black hardtop, black fenders, both safety groups, trail camera, trail rail system, dual door group, tailgate reinforcement, and yada yadaā€¦ loaded it out..
3/30! wow I feel like a whiner for complaining about being in JB status for 23 days!

ordered 5/1,
JB 5/18,
nothing since

Similar to you guys mine is JLURD fully loaded with half doors ā€” but unlike you guys I didnā€™t add the reinforced tailgate. I did add the step assist rock sliders.

Maybe the JB guys lost their 10mm socketā€¦ šŸ˜‰

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
wtf... now the reinforced tailgate may be causing a delay? I will never get my JLUR with 3.0, Gorilla Glass, Trail Cam, Hardtop headliner, and tailgate reinforcement. seems like the list of possible parts that are causing a delay is growing.

Rogue Toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon
Here's my final timing from order to delivery:

JLUR - 3.6L, auto, hard top, steel bumpers, LED lighting, trailer tow, adv. safety group, prox entry, 8.4" premium audio group, off-road cam

Ordered: 5/6
VON: 5/7
VIN: 5/9
Build Start: 5/16
Paint: 5/24
Trim: 5/26
Shipped: 5/28
Delivery: 6/10 (this was to FL)

Those dates are the dates I got the updates from either my dealer or Jeep chat, so it's possible they're off by a day or two here or there, but should be pretty close. [As a side note, my build sheets still show as 'not found' in cryptostickers, but if I click the links they are there.]

X8w02UR.jpg

Purple Turtle

First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Purple TJ, 2021 HellaYella JLUR
wtf... now the reinforced tailgate may be causing a delay? I will never get my JLUR with 3.0, Gorilla Glass, Trail Cam, Hardtop headliner, and tailgate reinforcement. seems like the list of possible parts that are causing a delay is growing.
To be honest IDK if anyone knows, I didn't get the gorilla glass or reinforced tailgate and mine is still taking a while.... who knows

ShaunBJeeps

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know the delays are frustrating, however the shortage of raw materials is going to be going on for a long time. Be glad we ordered our Jeeps in the past few months because people ordering their Jeeps now and a little bit later in the year might be jealous of a 2 months wait.

I talked to a guy I know who owns a liquor store. He said thereā€™s a glass shortage. Heā€™s having a hard time getting glass bottle beers. He said none of his stores had corona for the Memorial Day weekend.

I tried to buy some paint at Home Depot yesterday. Paint guy there said he canā€™t order spray paint or latex paint because the paint companies canā€™t get metal for the cans.

weā€™ve never seen anything like this in this country! Waits suck, but they are only going to get longer. Letā€™s just hope we donā€™t start getting rationed on food or gas prices so high we canā€™t drive our beautiful Jeeps.

Sponsored

StormyMidwest

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR bright white (ordered 7/19/2022)
Iā€™ve contacted Jeep Chat a few times, and theyā€˜re always nice, but very vague. How do some people get detailed responses from them? I ordered 30 days ago today and am sitting in D still. Yes, I ordered GG. She said this morning it has to be 45 days before they can escalate it for an investigation. Why?? Iā€™m seeing nearly identical builds being ordered after mine and are already built! What is going on Jeep??? If GG is the hold up, why not just tell us and give us a timeline?? Itā€™s maddening!

mletschin

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
My apologies if I didnt see this is the 929 pages on this post. @JAY is it possible to show if it is a 4xe or a 4-cyl? I would love to see the stats on how long 4xe are taking and call them out seperate if possible especially since I ordered my 4xe Rubicon on june 2. Thanks

Bku9929

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Defender 110
Donā€™t know if others have experience this, but it seems like nobody can give any specific information about shipping. I have no ETA and Jeep CHAT says that only the dealer can access that information. My dealer simply says ā€it usually takes two weeks from this pointā€ but wonā€™t tell me whether they have an actual ETA?

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Donā€™t know if others have experience this, but it seems like nobody can give any specific information about shipping. I have no ETA and Jeep CHAT says that only the dealer can access that information. My dealer simply says ā€it usually takes two weeks from this pointā€ but wonā€™t tell me whether they have an actual ETA?
Same problem here. We all know that nobody can say when delivery is or even come close. You see the guys that are told itā€™s in paint or in Jeep Storage and get a call that day itā€™s ready for pick up. The problem I have is itā€™s not as simple as running to the dealer when it arrives. Selling my vehicle to Carvana prior to taking delivery and using that money for down payment. That will take a few days. Might be taking my own financing. That takes some time. A few days notice would be nice but it doesnā€™t work that way unfortunately.....

Advertisement

Advertisement