JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
Darn...Hopefully that doesn't happen. My dealer had a ship date and that was yesterday so I'm asking him now if it did ship. Hopefully he comes back with a yes. I think this part depends maybe on how far you are. I'm hoping since I'm only 2.5 hrs away, like 150 miles getting it here wont be hard. I think they may even use the trucks and not the rail.
The term “Ship Date” is highly misunderstood here. I am not an authority, but after much reading here, and my own experience, I believe that the “Ship Date” on the Priced Order Confirmation (POC) is the date Jeep is planning to be done BUILDING your Jeep. That only encompass the first three steps: framing, paint and trim. Then it goes to an assembly stage where vendor accessories are added/installed. Then it will have some level of inspection. Then it might go to an actual location for shipping. The actual shipping stage has a lot of components in it that are very opaque, because they aren’t, or can’t be explained by your dealer or Jeep Chat. And to make it even more maddening Jeep Chat will no longer give you the code for the status in which your Jeep currently resides. Then there is the whole mishegaas of the actual shipping process. That is a little better, actually, because your dealer can track that geographically. But you have to ask.

And there you have my synopsis of the Jeep ordering, strike that, waiting process…

Advertisement

The_Paper_Cut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Sport 2-Door
my dealer said the same thing, the ship date = the build date. Which seems to be accurate considering my “ship date” 6/4 and is currently in Paint since Friday. Hoping to get it at the dealer in 2-3 weeks

buzzdoc

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WranglerUnlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Glorified plumber
For those recently through the process or that remember, when was the build sheet available in relation to the ship date provided by your dealer? I ordered on 05/25 and had my VON that day. I got my VIN within 48 hours and my estimated ship date of 06/15 was provided on 05/28 by my dealer. As of last Friday, I still have a ship date of 06/15.

It obviously doesn't matter as it all happens when it happens, but as I anxiously await my JLUR, I wonder if you can predict delays by when you get the build sheet in relation to ship date, etc.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
For those recently through the process or that remember, when was the build sheet available in relation to the ship date provided by your dealer? I ordered on 05/25 and had my VON that day. I got my VIN within 48 hours and my estimated ship date of 06/15 was provided on 05/28 by my dealer. As of last Friday, I still have a ship date of 06/15.

It obviously doesn't matter as it all happens when it happens, but as I anxiously await my JLUR, I wonder if you can predict delays by when you get the build sheet in relation to ship date, etc.
I think you probably can. Doesn't help me though. Mine is out of the paint stage and no build sheet showing. Looks like I'll be one of those that takes delivery, never having the build sheet or sticker show up in Crypto. That's fine. As long as it comes :) Hopefully I do get a few days heads from my dealer. Roundtripping 4 hours to take delivery.

Ironjaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build is finally moving again after being stuck in inspection for 6+weeks. Window sticker is now up and the jeep is ready to be shipped.

Ordered 04/05
Build sheet 04/23
Window sticker 06/08

Sponsored

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
I had to ping my dealer for updates but mine is in the system. JLURD with many of the bells and whistles added. Just a black hard top. And cloth seats.

It's in JB right now so it's still being finished.

Ordered: 5/8 I have a VIN but no build sheet yet.

It takes roughly 2 weeks to ship from Toledo to the dealer here in CO, give or take. So I don't expect to see it before next month.
Jeep has arrived in Denver. Should be at the dealership in a couple of days. Assuming no problems, I'm probably going to pick it up Friday or Saturday.
Already at the dealer.

So 5/8 order, 6/8 delivery.

I still can't pick it up until Friday at the earliest.

dral

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, Ford Explorer Platinum
Build is finally moving again after being stuck in inspection for 6+weeks. Window sticker is now up and the jeep is ready to be shipped.

Ordered 04/05
Build sheet 04/23
Window sticker 06/08
Were you getting the JS code from your dealer or just the inspection juck from jeep chat

Ironjaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Were you getting the JS code from your dealer or just the inspection juck from jeep chat
It was stuck in I status. Jeep ended up assigning a case manager to find out what was happening and to move it along.

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Just talked to jeep chat and this is what I got
" Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your vehicle is in the stage prior to being released by the plant. Vehicle may have been selected for additional quality inspections or held for delivery purposes. At FCA, you can be assured that we take vehicle quality seriously. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided. " Closer but hopefully not "HELD"
I got that exact same message today.

Painting 6/4,
Inspections 6/7
Holding for storage or inspections 6/8.

I was told up to two weeks in this stage.

WrekEE

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Raptor, 21 JLUR Rubicon 4xe (ordered 5/24)
Do you think that is special to your part of the country? The never received a direct mailer. Have signed up at least a couple of times but never got any brochure or code.
That I don't know... if you ask Jeep incentives, they say they don't know the process because a 3rd party handles all of that. They can just check if you have one in the system.

Sponsored

ShaunBJeeps

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee X4, 2017 GMC Sierra
My Jeep is unloaded at Gupton, awaiting my arrival on Saturday!

8DA973FE-78EF-4476-8670-BA6D6733A3E7.jpeg

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
Ship date. The date when the box of parts that has been ready for the past seven weeks is shipped to the assembly line. :tumbleweed:

ShaunBJeeps

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee X4, 2017 GMC Sierra
Looks AWESOME! Congrats! Please post one with those elusive half doors…
Gotta get it home and first thing we're gonna do is throw the half doors on and check them out!

Fleet

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 firecracker, 23 trailboss DD, too many to list
Order date 12/14/20 firecracker 392
No movement on build until 5/15 when I added G glass.
Received a Von and Vin on 5/17.
Emailed FCA 6/6 for new vehicle build status.
This is the response I received today 6/8.
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking 1623196685157

3 minutes later I received this email.
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking 1623196832006

Emails could have gotten mixed up in the line up as multiple text messages are received out of order sometimes. Brad

Advertisement

Advertisement