Sponsored

JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

Judy33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ
I don't see any blue badges (just the blue tow hooks).

Code:
201 2021 JEEP WRANGLER RUBICON UNLIMITED 392 Bronze Trail Rated Badge
417 2021 JEEP WRANGLER RUBICON UNLIMITED 4XE SPORT Red Trail Rated Badge
   8 2021 JEEP WRANGLER RUBICON UNLIMITED RHD Red Trail Rated Badge
909 2021 JEEP WRANGLER RUBICON UNLIMITED Red Trail Rated Badge
203 2021 JEEP WRANGLER RUBICON Red Trail Rated Badge
259 2021 JEEP WRANGLER SAHARA UNLIMITED 4XE SPORT Trail Rated Badge
  79 2021 JEEP WRANGLER SAHARA UNLIMITED Black Trail Rated Badge
   4 2021 JEEP WRANGLER SAHARA UNLIMITED Gray/Black Trail Rated Badge
277 2021 JEEP WRANGLER SAHARA UNLIMITED Trail Rated Badge
   2 2021 JEEP WRANGLER SAHARA Trail Rated Badge
  13 2021 JEEP WRANGLER SPORT UNLIMITED RHD Trail Rated Badge
295 2021 JEEP WRANGLER SPORT UNLIMITED Black Trail Rated Badge
  51 2021 JEEP WRANGLER SPORT UNLIMITED Gray/Black Trail Rated Badge
199 2021 JEEP WRANGLER SPORT UNLIMITED Trail Rated Badge
125 2021 JEEP WRANGLER SPORT Black Trail Rated Badge
  26 2021 JEEP WRANGLER SPORT Gray/Black Trail Rated Badge
134 2021 JEEP WRANGLER SPORT Trail Rated Badge
But if you look at the pics online and ones that have been delivered, the 4xe’s have blue trail rates badges.

Advertisement

JEEBBILLZ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2.0L (Ordered 5/11)
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered on 5/11. Called dealer today. Still in D. Not even D1 yet😢😄.
FCA chat says assembling parts and to check back next week for updates. Got my VIN at least

JLU Sahara
2.0L
Bright White clear coat
Saddle leather
Advanced safety
LED package
8.4 premium audio
Black 3 piece hardtop
Mopar Headliner
Proximity Key
Remote Start

I saw someone on here say there is a wait on mopar headliners. Anyone know if that is true? Could this be why its taking longer?

Last edited:

bilottag

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 Wrangler High Altitude
But if you look at the pics online and ones that have been delivered, the 4xe’s have blue trail rates badges.
I have seen a bunch of 4Xe on local dealer lots and they do indeed have the blue trail rated badges

brRubi

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Rubicon
I saw the build sheet this morning on my phone, then I checked again and it was gone. It is back now! Ordered on 5/15, asked dealer for VIN on 5/18. This morning jeep chat said it was awaiting accessory install. Still no estimated ship date, which I find hard to believe. Fingers crossed for a sticker in a few days to a week and hopefully ship soon.

brRubi

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Rubicon
Also, stupid question, does having the build sheet mean that it "is built"? Or that "it will be built"? chat hasn't given me any codes but having the build sheet has to be good news in some way, right?

Sponsored

squapat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi A4 and 2018 Audi Q5
WTF CRTC??? Canadian content rules? Or maybe because it isn’t available with French subtitles? 😂 I can get CFL down here (when they play)….
Not sure that CRTC is blocking this, I think it's more of a licensing issue. On Disney + in Canada, they have the episode about Tesla, but not Jeep. Why Tesla??????Ugliest vehicle ever built.

AtomicDutchOven

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe soon!
Am I crazy or did I see a list of average order date to build date times, build date to sticker, etc.on this thread? I can't find it now.

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
Also, stupid question, does having the build sheet mean that it "is built"? Or that "it will be built"? chat hasn't given me any codes but having the build sheet has to be good news in some way, right?
It's generally interpreted to mean that it's actually been assembled and passed the QA. Most go to optional/additional equipment after that point, however, so there can be subsequent QA/QC steps. The sticker means "ready to sell" in a sense because they're creating some legal statement binding that VIN to the vehicle being shipped to the dealer.

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
But maybe K-nuk was going to start posting something more useful for individuals to compare their builds? :bandit:

Sponsored

AtomicDutchOven

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe soon!
That was it! Thanks! My 4xe has been inspection for a little over a week, but based on that chart I probably have another week to go before it moves past inspection.

Thanks for the great insight!!

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I was actually going to make this same observation. It would completely make sense from a business standpoint to prioritize high margin orders with the most equipment, or builds that are very close to "typical" dealer orders with the highest likelihood of parts being readily available.
I believe we've seen some anecdotal evidence that "high volume dealers" get some preference, but beyond thread stories I don't know if there's any way to confirm nor deny your speculation. For all we know, they could decide to spend three weeks doing nothing but fleet/rental builds but we wouldn't see any of those, for indeed why would a dealer bother using cryptostickers?

Rather I'd ask, within the builds people volunteer on cryptostickers, how would you identify a high margin order? Would the presence of the ten speaker system do it? The Mopar gear, brackets and such, which tend to be very marked up? Maybe shiny chartreuse paint? Arguably we'd see the impact of these things but no such trend has appeared relative to the build times for the same model without those features.

From a systems perspective, I expect such an approach would bottleneck, if only because high margin would be correlated with geographic destinations. Rather, I expect much is working backwards from the dealer, where building AB234 tomorrow is good enough because it will still get on the rail car, whereas BC432 needs to start today because there's more aftermarket gear to install, and DE776 won't start this week because the stock of velour seat covers is delayed a week, so why leave it sitting in the lot for a week when we can build other things instead?

Supply and shipping chains are more likely the drivers of priority here, presumably coupled with some sunset on initial delays.

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
That was it! Thanks! My 4xe has been inspection for a little over a week, but based on that chart I probably have another week to go before it moves past inspection.

Thanks for the great insight!!
Have you read The Atomic Chef? One of the stories is the 1999 incident at Tokaimura, which reminds me of your user name. :angry:

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Ordered 4/13
At dealer 6/3 (was notified today)

It was relatively quick to build, but then got stuck on installation of additional equipment (a bunch of us in same boat guessed waiting for half doors) for a long time. Then shipping to NC seemed long too compared to others shipped same time to NJ much faster.

Too bad I can’t pick it up until two weekends from now. Exciting though.

treesmacker

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Sport S 2.0, 2013 Honda Accord V6
Rather I'd ask, within the builds people volunteer on cryptostickers, how would you identify a high margin order? Would the presence of the ten speaker system do it? The Mopar gear, brackets and such, which tend to be very marked up? Maybe shiny chartreuse paint? Arguably we'd see the impact of these things but no such trend has appeared relative to the build times for the same model without those features.
How about LED headlamps and foglamps for $1,045... that is something I wanted, but not at that price. Has anyone changed out these lamps for non-OEM replacements?

Advertisement

Advertisement