Martial Fartist

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
How long do builds usually sit in inspection before headed out to shipping?

Advertisement

ChicagoShoop

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
How long do builds usually sit in inspection before headed out to shipping?
Mine was in final inspection for about 10 days, now its in the installing additional equipment phase. I would think the inspection would come after everything is fully built. But whatever.

K-nuk

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, CJ7
Lots of inconsistencies depending on who you get on jeepchat. A week ago I was whining about being in JB status for 7 days with no update. In response she opened a case for me and give me the case number. Yesterday I called looking for an update on the case and they told me the case was closed. They went on to say the case never should’ve been opened because it typically takes 7 to 9 weeks to build a jeep and so they don’t do anything until after that…

…so now I continue to wait, 13 days in JB status and 5 weeks since placing order.

The_Paper_Cut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Sport 2-Door
Jeep chat is fucking gaslighting me. I can see in this forum where I posted on 5/4 that I got my VIN from jeep chat.
Jeep chat is telling me they have no record of that conversation.

I checked multiple days last week where they said no status updates since the 4th. Friday they said I'd be able to request a brand mentor after 30 days. Today they say there was a status update 11 days ago. What was the status update? "All parts available and waiting for production"

Why is that the same status I've received every week since the 4th? "There is no record of your previous chats"

Called customer care and they said, in real time, as I'm being gaslighted, that the last update was May 4th.

Also says that the ship date has just updated to 6/3. So I've got no build sheet or sticker but it's being shipped Thursday yall! Fuck stellantis
i hope this isn’t the case. But my dealer told me that the estimated ship date is usually the build date. I got told an estimated ship date of 6/4 and was told that’s when it’ll be built, not actually shipped. Which makes sense considering I’m still in D1

taxjoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-door Wrangler Rubicon (ordered 4/3/21)
Lots of inconsistencies depending on who you get on jeepchat. A week ago I was whining about being in JB status for 7 days with no update. In response she opened a case for me and give me the case number. Yesterday I called looking for an update on the case and they told me the case was closed. They went on to say the case never should’ve been opened because it typically takes 7 to 9 weeks to build a jeep and so they don’t do anything until after that…

…so now I continue to wait, 13 days in JB status and 5 weeks since placing order.
I was in JB status for 28 days from April 23, 2021, through May 21, 2021. Now, thankfully, my Jeep has shipped. This morning Jeep chat said the delivery window was between 6/1/21 and 6/15/21. My dealer says the Jeep is scheduled to arrive at the rail yard by Friday, 6/11/21 and should be delivered to dealer a couple of days later which would put it Tuesday, 6/15/21. Ordered 4/3/21. Today is the 59th day of waiting. This Saturday, 6/5/21 will be 9 weeks since I ordered it.

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
They normally build in late July / august I think. my 2019 and 2020 JLUR were early order bank orders (right after they opened, and a few weeks later). one hit the dealer in August, the other in September. thats why I put in a 2021 to try and get it in June. however, with 2022 order banks opening in the next week or so, if I am still stuck in D, i will just cancel and reorder a 2022 to get the newer features etc.
Granted, my order is a JT and not a JL, but I ordered here at the very end of 2021 model year also because with all that we're seeing happen in the world I expect large price increases for 2022.

I ordered a JT Overland, EcoDiesel, lots of options, Hydro blue.

Ordered 5/4
Got the VON 5/6
Got the VIN 5/11
Was told it was about to "enter assembly" 5/13
Was given a ship date of 6/1 by my dealer on 5/15
Dealer says ship date bumped one day to 6/2 when we talked on 5/25
Was told the Jeep is "built and awaiting additional equipment" on 5/28
Build sheet found by crypto on 5/29
Window sticker found on 6/1

So I'm guessing the ship date of 6/2 is going to be accurate and my prior experience is that once you get the window sticker the Jeep is about to be put on a delivery truck.

I don't know why some orders get stuck in D forever. That makes no sense to me. Mine has proximity entry, LED lights, spray-in bedliner, diesel engine, lots of stuff that could potentially hold up an order, but it zipped right through on perfect schedule.

I don't blame you one bit for being upset about having your order stuck in D. It's silly for them to do that.

Mountaineep

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Toyota Tacoma, '21 Willys Sport (On Order)
Occupation
Mining Engineer
Anybody else have to such a long wait to build? My order was put in on 3/27, and as of today it’s still not built (given a case number a few weeks ago for whatever it may be worth). It’s a bare bones 2d Willys sport.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Granted, my order is a JT and not a JL, but I ordered here at the very end of 2021 model year also because with all that we're seeing happen in the world I expect large price increases for 2022.

I ordered a JT Overland, EcoDiesel, lots of options, Hydro blue.

Ordered 5/4
Got the VON 5/6
Got the VIN 5/11
Was told it was about to "enter assembly" 5/13
Was given a ship date of 6/1 by my dealer on 5/15
Dealer says ship date bumped one day to 6/2 when we talked on 5/25
Was told the Jeep is "built and awaiting additional equipment" on 5/28
Build sheet found by crypto on 5/29
Window sticker found on 6/1

So I'm guessing the ship date of 6/2 is going to be accurate and my prior experience is that once you get the window sticker the Jeep is about to be put on a delivery truck.

I don't know why some orders get stuck in D forever. That makes no sense to me. Mine has proximity entry, LED lights, spray-in bedliner, diesel engine, lots of stuff that could potentially hold up an order, but it zipped right through on perfect schedule.

I don't blame you one bit for being upset about having your order stuck in D. It's silly for them to do that.
I am not really "upset", more annoyed lol. This is my 4th JLUR custom order, and 5th Jeep order (2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk before) and only 1 of those went smooth. the Grand Cherokee actually took the longest. My daughter has a hybrid year-round school so her summer break is short. I went ahead with the 2021 hoping to get it in time for a trip, but thats not happening now. so since thats out, I might as well wait and get the benefits of a 2022 (assuming there are some new options). if nothing significant new for 2022 ill keep my 2021 order and wait it out. Since I know I wont have the Jeep for the summer trip I just rented a small suv for 2 months (also to cover in case I swap to a 2022 lol). We only have a car right now since I sold my 2020 JLUR last year, and we like to travel in a SUV. we got a crazy deal for a 2 month suv rental through costco so could not pass it up.

K-nuk

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, CJ7
I was in JB status for 28 days from April 23, 2021, through May 21, 2021. Now, thankfully, my Jeep has shipped. This morning Jeep chat said the delivery window was between 6/1/21 and 6/15/21. My dealer says the Jeep is scheduled to arrive at the rail yard by Friday, 6/11/21 and should be delivered to dealer a couple of days later which would put it Tuesday, 6/15/21. Ordered 4/3/21. Today is the 59th day of waiting. This Saturday, 6/5/21 will be 9 weeks since I ordered it.
Do you mind sharing your order vin / nickname? I’m asking because I’d like to know what you ordered as accessories. Hoping something different than mine! 😂 my vin nickname is VinDiesel.

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
Anybody else have to such a long wait to build? My order was put in on 3/27, and as of today it’s still not built (given a case number a few weeks ago for whatever it may be worth). It’s a bare bones 2d Willys sport.
I placed my order on 3/17. Mine has supposedly been built, but has been in inspection for a month.

Sponsored

elinopaido

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon 4Xe
Awesome thread!
I ordered my 4Xe Rubicon on 5/28/2021 in the evening at the dealer, and the next morning my dealer called me to tell me I am in status D with a VON and VIN assigned. He sent me the POC and off we go. I hope it doesn't turn into a horror story of waiting for 6 months.

brightonMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Sport 2 Door
Mine is similar, ordered on 4/16. Barebones, no A/C, manual trans, hardtop.
I wonder if they prioritize higher margin builds first?

jlusmc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 TJ Rub, 68 CJ5, 47 CJ2A, 42 MB, 19 F-250
Occupation
Criminal Case Auditor
I sit here daily reading posts on this thread, some ppl waiting forever, some getting a quick build and delivery. All I can say is congrats to those who are getting their Jeeps in a reasonable time frame. For those experiencing long waits I don't know how your not going nuts.
I'm on day 20 since ordering and day 17 since receiving a VIN and entering "D" or the "waiting for parts to schedule build" phase and I'm already getting impatient and annoyed. Doesn't help my dealer told me a 4-5 week build time and Jeep chat is saying average is 7-9 weeks.
Good luck to all of you, may your build go smooth and your wait be short.

bilottag

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 Wrangler High Altitude
I sit here daily reading posts on this thread, some ppl waiting forever, some getting a quick build and delivery. All I can say is congrats to those who are getting their Jeeps in a reasonable time frame. For those experiencing long waits I don't know how your not going nuts.
I'm on day 20 since ordering and day 17 since receiving a VIN and entering "D" or the "waiting for parts to schedule build" phase and I'm already getting impatient and annoyed. Doesn't help my dealer told me a 4-5 week build time and Jeep chat is saying average is 7-9 weeks.
Imagine how us in Canada feel. I'd take 7-9 weeks in a heartbeat. 4-8 months wait for our builds.

Canyonero02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green JLUR
I think some dealers are saying 4-5 weeks because a lot of orders are coming in that fast. When I placed my order I was told anywhere from 4 to 12 weeks. I ordered 2 weeks ago and already have a build sheet and window sticker. Jeep chat says in shipping, or something like that. Looks like I'll be one of the faster ones. Unless it sits in a rail yard for weeks.

Advertisement

Advertisement