JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

R00STER

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6L - 6sp
I have been following this thread intently since I placed my order on 4/23, and have been drooling over some of the quick turnaround times posted (17 days?!? Fahgettaboutit).

Anyway, I have been trying to correlate the data analytics against my proposed build sheet with little to no success. As a result, I begun to wonder if it is also related to the pricing program under which you placed your order (e.g. employee, fleet, first responder). To me it makes sense they would put build priority on the units with the greatest profit margin.

For some of you guys/gals rocking <6 week delivery times, did you use a pricing program or pay a self negotiated price off of MSRP? Maybe that info would be helpful to collect as a variable.

Sorry if thus has been discussed already.

Advertisement

Hydro_Kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2d Rubicon
I have been following this thread intently since I placed my order on 4/23, and have been drooling over some of the quick turnaround times posted (17 days?!? Fahgettaboutit).

Anyway, I have been trying to correlate the data analytics against my proposed build sheet with little to no success. As a result, I begun to wonder if it is also related to the pricing program under which you placed your order (e.g. employee, fleet, first responder). To me it makes sense they would put build priority on the units with the greatest profit margin.

For some of you guys/gals rocking <6 week delivery times, did you use a pricing program or pay a self negotiated price off of MSRP? Maybe that info would be helpful to collect as a variable.

Sorry if thus has been discussed already.
Gladiators have their own production lines vs 2dr and 4dr(shared). With so many different trim levels for the 2dr and 4dr I assume I will have to wait at least twice as long as opposed to if I ordered a gladiator.

DrNurseMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
On the tracking here I show that my vehicle build can not be found. Jeep chat told me today that it is in the trim phase of the build. I confirmed my correct VIN submission. Any insights?

Seals881

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan LEAF, JULR Diesel(ordered)
3/24 - Ordered 2021 Jeep 4-door Rubicon 3.0 EcoDiesel
3/26 - Jeep Chat sent "Getting parts needed for production"
3/29 - Jeep Chat sent "VIN# and unit is ready for production"
3/29 - Emailed dealer, and got an updated PoC with VIN#, and status of D1, with estimated ship of April 7th.
04/01 - Dealer told me Jeep was built.
04/02 - Jeep chat " I am showing that your vehicle has been built and is pending installation of additional equipment. This is a necessary step when additional features or optional equipment packages are added to the vehicle. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided. "
04/26(estimated) - Shipped by train to Washington
05/12 - In Wyoming

I expect to see it around May 25-27th. Will see what happens.

Jeepahoula

First Name
Christi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Sport S HellaYella
On the tracking here I show that my vehicle build can not be found. Jeep chat told me today that it is in the trim phase of the build. I confirmed my correct VIN submission. Any insights?
I sometimes think Jeep Chat is full of crap! LOL! Previously, my vehicle was built and awaiting installation of optional equipment. Today, the materials to start the build process were received and the build process was to begin. :D

Sponsored

K-nuk

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, CJ7
I sometimes think Jeep Chat is full of crap! LOL! Previously, my vehicle was built and awaiting installation of optional equipment. Today, the materials to start the build process were received and the build process was to begin. :D
I gotta agree. I’m sure they’re nice people… but they seem to know nothing.

Today after they gave me the same status they gave me a week ago, I asked “who has better status info; JeepChat or the Dealer?”

Their response: “The Dealer”.

At least they’re honest!

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
I have been following this thread since about August 2020 (back when "Dara" was posting almost daily updates). I don't remember when you started posting your weekly updates but I was (and still am) very interested in your weekly reports. However, I have to tell you that I just don't understand parts of your charts and what they all mean. For example, I don't completely understand the columns for "request to build;" "build to sticker;" and "request to sticker." I know what "request" means (date of Jeep order), I know what "build" means (build sheet), and I know what sticker means (window sticker). I also assume you derive this data from forum members indicating when they ordered and then the date crypto publishes the build sheet and window sticker. The part I don't understand is why the request to sticker time period is different than the sum of the request to build and build to sticker.

I still don't understand the lag times. Are negative numbers representing that a particular options means the Jeep will be built in less than average time? Just not sure what the negative and positive numbers mean.

The graph chart I still don't understand, even after staring at it for long periods of time. What do "p20" "p40" and "p60" mean? What does the "p" mean? I think your chart is trying to illustrate whether Jeeps are produced faster or slower as compared with the production rate going back in time. But, I am still not sure what the different colored lines mean. Maybe I fell asleep in my college statistics class that explained all of this but I just don't understand all of this (but I would like to understand). Sorry for the long post.
Interested but all of them are unintelligible. :giggle:

You are correct that request to build to sticker should add up, but unfortunately there are large swaths of orders missing either a build sheet or sticker. EG Canadian orders. That means the three groups have different denominators so the averages don't add up.

Lag. If I said, "Your build will lag by three days", how would you interpret that? Hopefully "three days slower than the others". The negation is a "lead", so a "-2dy lag" is two days before the others.

p-values are percentiles, which are less confusing than averages and standard deviations. p73 means that 73% of the actual data is below the value (and 27% is above). For the build time graph, anything below p60 means you're with the majority (normal build times). Above p80 was a relatively slow build by comparison.

Same for the open orders. If p60 is 38 days it means that 60% of orders without a build sheet or sticker have a request date 38 days ago or less.

If any of that makes sense, is any of it useful to you/us/newmembers? :blush:

K-nuk

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, CJ7
Quick question on the crypto data…

When I search by VIN or by name it shows but it has no engine type defined.

When I select open orders and page through to find my Jeep it shows and has engine type (diesel).

Why would there be a difference?

Sponsored

Jeepahoula

First Name
Christi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Sport S HellaYella
I gotta agree. I’m sure they’re nice people… but they seem to know nothing.

Today after they gave me the same status they gave me a week ago, I asked “who has better status info; JeepChat or the Dealer?”

Their response: “The Dealer”.

At least they’re honest!
Got to give them credit. Giving credit where credit is due, I feel like we get a pretty good gauge of time and materials issues going on at the factory right here in this Jeep community and that is awesome!

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Quick question on the crypto data…

When I search by VIN or by name it shows but it has no engine type defined.

When I select open orders and page through to find my Jeep it shows and has engine type (diesel).

Why would there be a difference?
I don't think the programmer updated the site to support the engine type. I've specifically added it as a cleanup step when I read that data, which is why it (should) shows correctly in my posts.

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Military sales and the executive lease program seem to cause significant delays: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...build-sheet-order-tracking.12503/post-1491883

Posts here suggest that some larger dealers get orders filled faster on average, but small dealers don't necessarily seem to be slower on average as such. There is no strong regional correlation with delays, though obviously that can be affected by weather and transportation system problems. There are no posted build sheets (for 2021s) with a specific listing for first responders, only "Fleet Sales Order" and "Executive Lease Program", though there may be another property only available to first responder wholesalers.

Wouldn't this be backwards, though? The dealer discounts and Jeep Wave program discounts seem to add up to nearly 10% in many cases, and are they really giving away rental/fleet vehicles with 30% discounts over msrp? (I wouldn't know.)

In any case, most seem more affected by supply chain and shipping pressures. Given total storage space at the factories, they seem to delay builds in many cases until they can ensure shipping. A half full crate going to West Virginia earns them nothing, independent of who placed the order, whereas a single incoming new order that completes a crate to Alaska means revenue in 10dy. (They obviously don't "seem" to hold all such orders until they know they can do a full crate, so some still sit on the lot waiting, and it does seem that builds can complete and be the one lonely vehicle that doesn't fit in the crate and gets to wait four weeks.)

RandomSquirrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport Altitude, 2013 Triumph Rocket3
Tracker has not updated for me since 5/5, however the FCA chat told me the following:

Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your vehicle is in the shipping stage. Current Dealer ETA is 05/17/2021 - 05/31/2021

WOOHOO!!!!

Order placed: 4/16
VIN available: 4/19
Build sheet: 5/5
Paint: 5/6
Inspections: 5/10
Shipping status: 5/13

txbudda

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited
Just got off the phone with Neil. We are headed to Conroe this Saturday to pick up my JEEP!!!!!!
While your there find David Glenn and find out when mine is going to be in lol

Advertisement

Advertisement