Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee X4, 2017 GMC Sierra
@Hydro_Kyle
@taxjoc
@Kfoo
@FunWagon

“Waiting for Jeep with Half doors that is stuck at factory for too long” club...

Any update from dealer? My sales guy is OOO until next week so I can’t ask.
I just placed my order for a JLURD with dual door group today. Sounds like I'm joining a long wait club from reading this thread. My dealer has already provided the VON. I'll keep you updated!

Advertisement

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Sadly, no news. Yesterday morning Jeep Chat provided the usual info - which is nothing. I checked crypto this morning and no window sticker. I am not going to bug my dealer until Friday (they have been good to me so I only bother my sales guy once a week). I have not yet reached out to Jeep chat yet today. I'll give it a little while. On Thursday I leave for Chicago to move my daughter to Denver. So, unless my Jeep miraculously appears by tomorrow, I'm not going to be able to pick it up until I return on May 24th (assuming it arrives by that date). Of course, with my luck, my Jeep will arrive on Friday. Really hoping someone in our "club" gets a window sticker soon.
gotcha. By the way, I love the outdoors in Denver area and Colorado in general. Once you get your Jeep it would be awesome to visit there. I’m also east coast so it’s a hike.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I just placed my order for a JLURD with dual door group today. Sounds like I'm joining a long wait club from reading this thread. My dealer has already provided the VON. I'll keep you updated!
Awesome to see another half doors person.

From what I understand my Jeep got built pretty fast. It’s just sitting in some holding parking lot, next to the other three, for boxes with half doors to be thrown in before releasing it. That’s how I picture it.

CCW2021

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T White
Ordered JLUR 5/3/2021
VON: 5/7/2021
VIN: From Dealer 5/14/2021
Arrived at Dealer: 6/4/2021

For The Wife and I:
White 2.0L Turbo (hope i don't miss the 3.6L too much)
Sky One-Touch Power Top
Tan Leather
Integrated Off-Road Camera
Cold weather group
Proximity entry
8.4" NAV
LED lights
Trailer-Tow group.

Update from Jeep Chat: 5/19/2021
We do not have access to status codes Corey, however, I can definitely look into your vehicle order status here for you.
Thank you so much for holding. I appreciate your patience. I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided.

Update 5/22/2021
CrytoStickers.net shows Window Sticker Found!

Last edited:

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
I think build priority doesn't change to 01 until the order has actually been submitted, 99 is in quote status basically if I'm not mistaken.
Mine went from 99 to 01 when it went into D status and I got my VIN

Sponsored

K-nuk

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, CJ7

From what I understand my Jeep got built pretty fast. It’s just sitting in some holding parking lot, next to the other three, for boxes with half doors to be thrown in before releasing it. That’s how I picture it.
Maybe our Jeeps will be sitting together in the penalty box...

I ordered JLURD sarge green, tan interior, half doors, etc....

4/30 ordered (7% below invoice price!)
5/2 got VIN and VON from dealer
5/9 dealer said estimated ship date 5/22

Nothing has shown yet on crypto tool.

JeepChat has no info. But I did have this funny exchange with them last night...

============

Rebecca

Thank you so much for holding. I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process shortly.
11:22:39 PM
Me

Hmm that is the same information you gave me a few days ago
11:23:09 PM

The dealer says he can see an estimated ship date of 5/22
11:23:32 PM

Can you see anything more than what you told me last time?

Rebecca

Unfortunately no I get the same updates that they do
11:24:47 PM
Me

Well they seem to have more … or they are making up the 5/22 date? Why would they have that date?
11:27:12 PM
Rebecca

They would be issued out a temporary date and then as the vehicle has moved into shipping then we get more accurate dates
11:29:50 PM
Me

Ok so their date is good until you get a new or updated date?
11:31:10 PM
Rebecca

that is correct
11:31:21 PM
Me

Can you estimate when it will enter the build process?
11:32:42 PM
Rebecca

Once the vehicle before yours is completed then it will begin the build
11:33:28 PM
Me

Oh ok. Rebecca has the vehicle before mine entered the build process?
11:34:35 PM
Rebecca

that I do not know. I would need the VON or VIN to access it's information
11:35:19 PM

🙄

Kfoo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
@Hydro_Kyle
@taxjoc
@Kfoo
@FunWagon

“Waiting for Jeep with Half doors that is stuck at factory for too long” club...

Any update from dealer? My sales guy is OOO until next week so I can’t ask.
No update from Jeep Chat.

I called my dealer yesterday and they didn't have any new news. My sales guy will call me back today: I guess he figures that they should have some news today, but given JC's answer, I won't be holding my breath.

My optimistic self is telling me that the wait is a good thing - if there is an issue, our jeeps are waiting for said issue to be resolved. Better now than being stuck with shoddy half doors.

Hydro_Kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2d Rubicon
I ordered my JLR last Tuesday with the half door option. I still don’t have a vin or POC. My brother ordered a JTR without the half door option on Thursday and has already received an estimated ship date of 5/19.

orejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Snazzberry Sahara
Update! My 4xe ordered 1/7 has finally left it's 86 day inspection and is beginning the shipping process. No dealer ETA yet and no window sticker yet.

I am still holding out a smidgen of hope that this actually means "we couldn't find it in the inspection area and think we loaded it on the train with all the others last month, so let's just mark it shipped.". The others headed to my dealer have been held up by train delays and haven't arrived, so it is theoretically possible mine is in that group.

Sponsored

Jeepahoula

First Name
Christi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Sport S HellaYella
5/3 Ordered Hella Yella JLU diesel, engine block heater, soft top, tow package, 8.4 tech group and premium audio, trail rail system
5/11 update from Jeep Chat: Vehicle built and pending installation of additional equipment or optional equipment.

No ETA on any ship dates yet.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Maybe our Jeeps will be sitting together in the penalty box...

I ordered JLURD sarge green, tan interior, half doors, etc....

4/30 ordered (7% below invoice price!)
5/2 got VIN and VON from dealer
5/9 dealer said estimated ship date 5/22

Nothing has shown yet on crypto tool.

JeepChat has no info. But I did have this funny exchange with them last night...

============

Rebecca

Thank you so much for holding. I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process shortly.
11:22:39 PM
Me

Hmm that is the same information you gave me a few days ago
11:23:09 PM

The dealer says he can see an estimated ship date of 5/22
11:23:32 PM

Can you see anything more than what you told me last time?

Rebecca

Unfortunately no I get the same updates that they do
11:24:47 PM
Me

Well they seem to have more … or they are making up the 5/22 date? Why would they have that date?
11:27:12 PM
Rebecca

They would be issued out a temporary date and then as the vehicle has moved into shipping then we get more accurate dates
11:29:50 PM
Me

Ok so their date is good until you get a new or updated date?
11:31:10 PM
Rebecca

that is correct
11:31:21 PM
Me

Can you estimate when it will enter the build process?
11:32:42 PM
Rebecca

Once the vehicle before yours is completed then it will begin the build
11:33:28 PM
Me

Oh ok. Rebecca has the vehicle before mine entered the build process?
11:34:35 PM
Rebecca

that I do not know. I would need the VON or VIN to access it's information
11:35:19 PM

🙄
I like that combination... sarge green, tan interior, half doors.

Wow, so you have a ship date from the dealer. That’s huge. Maybe they anticipated more green doors so had some ready. Ha ha. My JK with half doors was green too, similar to sarge.

It seems to me dealers get more visibility into what is going on than Jeep Chat.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Ok guys... find your Jeep... big picture. Where do they keep the half doors?
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking 7D234A48-86D2-4E84-8669-3FA528796740

Zoomed in on a few of the many parking lots. There are soooo many. Run around and pick any. Lots of white and red Jeeps. Just don’t pick a right hand drive by mistake.
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking 257342C1-584D-47D2-8A8F-AF998E445F3C
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking 26E548FE-C2FA-4066-B9BB-13A352000306
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking AA36E9A7-8608-45AC-955D-7EA1EF66DFF8
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking EB028509-4527-4504-A826-65816EA9305D
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking C970A377-D7B3-480D-A7E2-352693638010
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking 83CC2C75-23F5-4019-A1CB-49C127943F6E

Disclaimer: Who knows when this picture was taken. Still interesting to get a feel for the scale. How do they keep track of it all?

ВџУМεΆј℮℮℗

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMC GREMLIN, GMC SIERRA, 21 WILLYS
I am also waiting for the Dual doors I've given up bothering my salesman twice a week. So now I just guess once. I'm assuming what's going to happen is when Jeep gets the doors in. They'll just issue a window sticker right away you should get an email I assume. And it should go into waiting to be shipped status.. I kind of think we should start our own thread just saying hey I went into shipping status. There are too many of these production threads that are similar. And I can't read them.

Bob

Advertisement

Advertisement