JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

Spkx714

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4
Maybe you're getting a stolen one?!?!? ;-)
Getting a stolen Wrangler is fine with me. As long as they roll back the odometer. So, tell me about the Wrangler YOU ordered, maybe Jeep stole yours.

Advertisement

Spkx714

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4
Well, I'm wondering if when you get your toy is based on when you ordered or when the dealer has enough vehicles coming to a particular area, logistics. I asked my salesman to see if they're expecting a shipment near to when mine is supposed to get to their store. Mine went from "we have the parts" to a two week expected delivery date window in 3-4 days.

Sponsored

nvblue

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Well, I'm wondering if when you get your toy is based on when you ordered or when the dealer has enough vehicles coming to a particular area, logistics. I asked my salesman to see if they're expecting a shipment near to when mine is supposed to get to their store. Mine went from "we have the parts" to a two week expected delivery date window in 3-4 days.
Just making fun because your Window sticker didn't show up yet. That's kind of strange.
That timeline was the same as mine. When I checked the status it had just started build and was expected to ship in 5 days. It did go to shipping status when scheduled, but Jeep won't give anymore details so I don't know if it's sitting in storage or on a train.

Spkx714

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4
Just making fun because your Window sticker didn't show up yet. That's kind of strange.
That timeline was the same as mine. When I checked the status it had just started build and was expected to ship in 5 days. It did go to shipping status when scheduled, but Jeep won't give anymore details so I don't know if it's sitting in storage or on a train.
How about something like this. They're not going to send our trucks to the dealer until they have a car hauler full of cars. There not going to schedule a car hauler until the have a train load of cars going to wherever the car haulers load what was on the train. They're not going to build the cars until they have enough orders to fill the train. Pretty basic, but that's when we'll get our joy. I'm open to be proven wrong. Enlighten me.
Thanks

nvblue

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
How about something like this. They're not going to send our trucks to the dealer until they have a car hauler full of cars. There not going to schedule a car hauler until the have a train load of cars going to wherever the car haulers load what was on the train. They're not going to build the cars until they have enough orders to fill the train. Pretty basic, but that's when we'll get our joy. I'm open to be proven wrong. Enlighten me.
Thanks
I have no clue how they do it, and I'm not trying to argue. I suspect they build them as fast as the parts are available. I've read in the OP in this thread that a vehicle can sit in the waiting shipping status for a long time after it is built, for just the reasons you mentioned. Waiting to fill trucks and train cars.

Spkx714

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4
I have no clue how they do it, and I'm not trying to argue. I suspect they build them as fast as the parts are available. I've read in the OP in this thread that a vehicle can sit in the waiting shipping status for a long time after it is built, for just the reasons you mentioned. Waiting to fill trucks and train cars.
Never thought it was an argument. I wish someone would tell me I'm wrong. I know someone, somewhere knows the exact way Jeep does what it does and why it does it.

Tread lightly kicks in on 4/21 and 0% for 36 is good until May 3. So I'll just impatiently wait.

Sponsored

orejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Snazzberry Sahara
https://fcacommunity.force.com/Jeep/s/knowledge

you can get updates from Jeep. they're a little behind the dealer, but you can ping them daily (hourly for some) w/o feeling bad about pinging your dealer that you have to deal with still
I decided to call instead of chat the other day, hoping maybe it would get me a bit more info than "still in inspection, as it has been for 60 days" and talked to a very nice gentleman. When he first pulled up my account he exclaimed "I see you have contacted us about this a LOT".

So...yeah, they know about our daily jeep chat check in.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Thanks
Just received this from Jeep Chat:

Thank you for waiting xxxx. The Jeep is in the ship phase but there is not a current ETA for arrival at the dealer. We do ship our Jeep's out in lots, so more then likely it is waiting for a full load of vehicles to ship before that ETA is finalized. I'd recommend contacting us back in a week or two for a new update, but we are available 24/7 if you do want to contact back sooner.

Spkx714

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4
Weird, yesterday (or Wednesday) my truck was in trim. Today i got this email.

Steve,
We were invoiced for the Wrangler this morning which is good news. It was finished yesterday about 10:43am and it is showing me a window of today to the 29th for delivery to us. These dates aren't set in stone, but I will keep you updated as information comes to me.

Rich

Still not on that cryptic thing.

Snazzberry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for '21 JLUR, 1974 Vette
I'm in Phoenix and would certainly like to know roughly how long others in the area had to wait on their shipments too!
Was told today "ETA window of 04/26/2021 - 05/10/2021" so I'm guessing around 2-3 weeks.

Advertisement

Advertisement