JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

JbuckTN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle 80th Anniversary - Diesel
Ordered mine on 1/11/2021 and build sheet showed up today 2/25/21. I did receive an email that it was found. Jeep chat says that it is in the 'ship phase' and to expect to have it delivered between 3/4 and 3/15. Dealer said it will arrive in Nashville by train on 3/1 at 10:46 PM and he should have it a couple of days after that. 45 days form order to built and another week perhaps to deliver.

80th Anniversary with 3.0 eco diesel.

Advertisement

Last edited:

JeepHead

First Name
Amarinder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
Dumb question probably. What does it mean to have the build sheet and window sticker ready? I can see the window sticker for my VIN but no build sheet. What stage of the process that puts my order at then?

Okietryon

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, F350
Received an email today and got my build sheet but not the window sticker. Getting closer getting our Nacho JLU Rubicon. 😊😊

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
I think in general for US orders, the build sheet means the build has been completed, the window sticker means it passed inspection and is on a rail car.

JoeJeepLvr

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
I think in general for US orders, the build sheet means the build has been completed, the window sticker means it passed inspection and is on a rail car.
Not necessarily on a rail car...at least for me.

Sponsored

ValerieWB

First Name
Valerie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart & 2021 JL Willys (on order)
I ordered my Willys on 1/23 and very happy it is in storage assuming it is waiting for the flash for manual trans. When I ordered one thing I was hoping for was the keyless proximity fob and was told it was not an option for the Willys. Now I am on the Jeep sight building a Jeep (I do it all the time, its fun) and I notice changes and one of which is the option is clearly there now, it has only been 4 1/2 weeks since I ordered and 2 weeks since I built it on Jeep site. Why would it not be available in January? Just curious if anyone else noticed this. Not a biggie but also nice to not dig fob out and I am spoiled on my 2016 Dodge Dart, I have gotten very used to it,

azulwavesJL

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys JLU hydro blue
Occupation
Flight Planning Supervisor
I ordered my Willys on 1/23 and very happy it is in storage assuming it is waiting for the flash for manual trans. When I ordered one thing I was hoping for was the keyless proximity fob and was told it was not an option for the Willys. Now I am on the Jeep sight building a Jeep (I do it all the time, its fun) and I notice changes and one of which is the option is clearly there now, it has only been 4 1/2 weeks since I ordered and 2 weeks since I built it on Jeep site. Why would it not be available in January? Just curious if anyone else noticed this. Not a biggie but also nice to not dig fob out and I am spoiled on my 2016 Dodge Dart, I have gotten very used to it,
Did you order a Willys Sport and not the Willys one? I ordered a Willys on 09 JAN and my window sticker says "remote keyless entry". I did order the automatic with the 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine.

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
I thought the same thing on my Altitude BUT you can only get it on a Willy's or Sport trim if you get the Dual Door Group

Latitude

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Renegade Trailhawk/2021 JLU Willys ordered
I ordered a Willys on 22 Jan; proximity locks were a no-go for me as well. They appeared as an option for the Willys after a recent update, but I could only seem to add them with the dual door group. I have also been spoiled by them! There's a pretty lengthy thread here about adding them and I may do that someday.

ValerieWB

First Name
Valerie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart & 2021 JL Willys (on order)
Yes I was told a recent update for the Willys. Sucks though, I mean a 2021 is a 2021 🤪. When I ordered it the salesman double checked to see if I could get it and it was nit an option. But..... my Willys is built and in shipping. Just waiting for the flash update. What a cool lot that must be, an army of beasts.

Sponsored

Latitude

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Renegade Trailhawk/2021 JLU Willys ordered
Yes I was told a recent update for the Willys. Sucks though, I mean a 2021 is a 2021 🤪. When I ordered it the salesman double checked to see if I could get it and it was nit an option. But..... my Willys is built and in shipping. Just waiting for the flash update. What a cool lot that must be, an army of beasts.
What?! Hmm ... my Willys has not been built. I'm tempted to ask, but I know they won't be able to add it.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Ok so I called the dealer, apparently when they ordered the wrangler they never added the hard top....

My question for wrangler owners with soft top, how is the soft top in hot weather and cold weather?... the noise in the highway is too much?

I think my option will be to take whatever 80th anniversary with hard top they have in the dealership... because he gave us the option to build the vehicle againnnn I cannot go through that again 🤯🤯🤯🤯
One trick on the soft top is to run your fan on one of the higher settings to keep air pressure in the cab to reduce buffeting. Adjust temperature for comfort, but keep the air pumping. You'll have to try different settings based on 2 or 4 doors and type of top. On a 2 door TJ, setting 3 is enough so you dont have to endure the loud fan speed of 4. I don't have my JLUR yet (finally got my build sheet yesterday) so I can't speak to the necessary fan setting on it.

Edited for clarity: this trick is for highway driving when doors are on and windows and top sealed. You're basically "inflating" the soft top and windows and creating outward pressure so things aren't flapping in the wind. It won't work in an open vehicle.

Last edited:

ScoobyBlue

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Formerly 16JK Willys, now 21JL Rubicon
One trick on the soft top is to run your fan on one of the higher settings to keep air pressure in the cab to reduce buffeting. Adjust temperature for comfort, but keep the air pumping. You'll have to try different settings based on 2 or 4 doors and type of top. On a 2 door TJ, setting 3 is enough so you dont have to endure the loud fan speed of 4. I don't have my JLUR yet (finally got my build sheet yesterday) so I can't speak to the necessary fan setting on it.
Never had to do this in my JK. Not even with just the windows out, or just the rear out and the sunrider flipped. Never. 🤷🏽

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My guess would be in 2026, as an 85th anniversary! 😉
Heheh....I keep getting ads on FB for a 75th anniv
I ordered on January 11th, had the VIN on the 13th, and it arrived at the rail yard on Feb 17th. It dropped off at the truck yard on Feb 19th, and arrived at the dealer today. My advice to everyone is to not waste your time with Jeep Chat and just ask your dealer for updates.
I harass my dealer every Friday. Just sent an update confirming receipt of build sheet. Squeaky wheel might get mine prepped before the others when a truckload rolls in.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never had to do this in my JK. Not even with just the windows out, or just the rear out and the sunrider flipped. Never. 🤷🏽
With everything rolled up and in place the fan helps. Once you crack a window, the benefit is lost.

Advertisement

Advertisement