2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
Hey Everyone!

Here are my milestones:

Ordered 12/29/20
VON 12/29/20
VIN 12/31/20
Build Sheet 1/25/21
Window Sticker 1/25/21

Confirmations also found on Crypto Sticker and through Jeep chat.

Waiting for the next available train to SoCal...

They grow so fast,
George
I just don't understand how you order 11 days later and I'm still waiting on window sticker. I've tried to understand how Jeep processes these orders and I've given up lol. Either way congratulations.

Advertisement

moxzart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 TJ, 2021 JLU Rubicon (on order)
I just don't understand how you order 11 days later and I'm still waiting on window sticker. I've tried to understand how Jeep processes these orders and I've given up lol. Either way congratulations.
I wonder if they build in groups based on the destination region? Just a thought

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2021 Jeep Wrangler S MT
I sold my first JL (aviator picture) about a year ago - missed it so badly, just ordered a new one! So excited ---- so I got my VON right away. Do I get my VIN and other updates via email, or do I have to go through the chat?

azulwavesJL

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys JLU hydro blue
Occupation
Flight Planning Supervisor
I sold my first JL (aviator picture) about a year ago - missed it so badly, just ordered a new one! So excited ---- so I got my VON right away. Do I get my VIN and other updates via email, or do I have to go through the chat?
Your dealer should give you the VIN.

Sponsored

BMorgan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Good point, the railroad cars need to get filled up before they go anywhere... The build went so quickly that it will make it up on the back end with shipping. Either way the progress is great news. Thanks for the info, as I had no clue🤷‍♂️😂
Years ago my wife worked for a vendor to the NUMMI plant in Fremont, CA which is now Tesla. She worked closely with Union Pacific to ship cars.

It's basically like if you were flying somewhere but your trip had multiple connections, with uncertain layovers, and a bus ride at the end that wouldn't leave until the bus was mostly full.

The rail cars need to get loaded, then attached to a train going in the right direction. They may have to get dropped off partway, wait for another connection, and get attached and go. Then they wait to get unloaded. Then your Jeep sits waiting to be loaded into a car carrier truck going to your dealer (or multiple dealers). Eventually it gets to your dealer. Logistically, it's highly efficient and low cost (great for them) but highly variable in terms of end-to-end time (terrible for us waiting for our Jeep to get here!).

PLJLUR2021

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, Billet Silver, tow, safety options
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer (ret)
Thanks JimmyZ, yeah, it seems there is no rhyme or reason to the way "paper work" gets pushed at the plant and this seems true in spite of being mostly digital. Even stranger, is that I ordered during their annual plant shutdown, workers are offered ten days off with a skeleton crew who just keep things moving. Normally they run two 10 hour shifts and put out about 650 vehicles every 24 hours (450 min/800 max.) They were talking about doing three 8's and running steady 24h which increases production numbers even higher.
So, I would think they would push your rig through and have it completed straight away. Maybe an accessory was held back? I had a ton of options, I was just over 64 grand (about $500 over the original configurator estimate,) AND STILL the vehicle was built quickly. Honestly, I wasn't even thinking about the build, I was settling in for the wait, and only used Crypto Sticker two times and Jeep chat three times, and that was just to confirm the emails.
Sorry you are getting delayed, I'm hoping your Jeep is arriving soon and it comes out perfect!

Best regards,
George

Sponsored

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
Thanks JimmyZ, yeah, it seems there is no rhyme or reason to the way "paper work" gets pushed at the plant and this seems true in spite of being mostly digital. Even stranger, is that I ordered during their annual plant shutdown, workers are offered ten days off with a skeleton crew who just keep things moving. Normally they run two 10 hour shifts and put out about 650 vehicles every 24 hours (450 min/800 max.) They were talking about doing three 8's and running steady 24h which increases production numbers even higher.
So, I would think they would push your rig through and have it completed straight away. Maybe an accessory was held back? I had a ton of options, I was just over 64 grand (about $500 over the original configurator estimate,) AND STILL the vehicle was built quickly. Honestly, I wasn't even thinking about the build, I was settling in for the wait, and only used Crypto Sticker two times and Jeep chat three times, and that was just to confirm the emails.
Sorry you are getting delayed, I'm hoping your Jeep is arriving soon and it comes out perfect!

Best regards,
George
Thanks! Congratulations again on yours

PLJLUR2021

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, Billet Silver, tow, safety options
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer (ret)
I wonder if they build in groups based on the destination region? Just a thought
Moxzart, that is a very good point. I could imagine the plant stacking up inventory waiting to go by rail to (in my case) the Southwest, so to fill the rail cars, "certain" regional orders are hand-picked to fulfill the batch going out. This would make sense to keep their plant (and surrounding lots,) clear...

...based on this reasoning, any build/order that is "hand-picked" to be built sooner would be near the "end of a batch," meaning, the shipping would happen soon after being built.

I will post when my Jeep arrives (and the shipping progress if I can figure out how) to see if that is the case!

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link

Best regards,
George
Interesting, 64k? Maybe the more expensive ones get built quickly so the customer doesn’t get a chance to suffer buyer’s remorse and modify/cancel the order ;)

Howman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon On Order
Interesting, 64k? Maybe the more expensive ones get built quickly so the customer doesn’t get a chance to suffer buyer’s remorse and modify/cancel the order ;)
Don’t know about that....I ordered 12/31/20 Jeep JLU Rubicon Sting Gray with MSRP of nearly $64k. Have been in D1 since 1/14. Had original est ship date of 1/28/21 but that has been moved to 2/2/21. However, Jeep still sitting in D1. Having a hard time believing it will roll off assembly line onto rail car. So not expecting 2/2/21 to happen....hope I’m wrong! Was all excited with original 1/28 est ship date, now frustrated with move out! Such is life....

Howman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon On Order
Don’t know about that....I ordered 12/31/20 Jeep JLU Rubicon Sting Gray with MSRP of nearly $64k. Have been in D1 since 1/14. Had original est ship date of 1/28/21 but that has been moved to 2/2/21. However, Jeep still sitting in D1. Having a hard time believing it will roll off assembly line onto rail car. So not expecting 2/2/21 to happen....hope I’m wrong! Was all excited with original 1/28 est ship date, now frustrated with move out! Such is life....
Haha - so I make the above post and get call from dealer - status “G” - trim.

Advertisement

Advertisement