Sponsored

JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

HeatBird

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79' Corvette 4 spd. 21'Willys 2dr. 6 spd.
Occupation
Retired
Is there a way you can escalate this Anthony? According to my salesperson, he had no control over my Jeep until it got to the railyard. He then worked with his transport rep to get the vehicle. Who are you working with at the dealership? Initially, I wasn't getting any info from my sales guy because he said he "didn't have access". After reading everyone's updates on here I got mad. I looked up the highest person at the dealership - other than the owner - and emailed him - the General Manager - who got his Sales Manager on it. It's been much better since then.
Good for you!

Advertisement

Bobalou34

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara Altitude (Sting Gray)
Is there a way you can escalate this Anthony? According to my salesperson, he had no control over my Jeep until it got to the railyard. He then worked with his transport rep to get the vehicle. Who are you working with at the dealership? Initially, I wasn't getting any info from my sales guy because he said he "didn't have access". After reading everyone's updates on here I got mad. I looked up the highest person at the dealership - other than the owner - and emailed him - the General Manager - who got his Sales Manager on it. It's been much better since then.
I've been trying to escalate with Jeep as well as the dealer, but not sure my dealership has as much pull since its an average size one in area.

However, your case appears to have been my secret weapon. I let Jeep know I'm part of a Wrangler forum and that others in the area were getting deliveries with much shorter order to reciept timelines.

Ironically, I got a call today that it should be delivered tomorrow. Given the holiday, I'll probably pick it up on Saturday. Fingers crossed. I am cautiously optimistic.

JennnyB

First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Human Resources
I've been trying to escalate with Jeep as well as the dealer, but not sure my dealership has as much pull since its an average size one in area.

However, your case appears to have been my secret weapon. I let Jeep know I'm part of a Wrangler forum and that others in the area were getting deliveries with much shorter order to reciept timelines.

Ironically, I got a call today that it should be delivered tomorrow. Given the holiday, I'll probably pick it up on Saturday. Fingers crossed. I am cautiously optimistic.
I wish there was a "clapping hands" emoji here! My fingers are crossed too!

Sponsored

bigmaduros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Sport Altitude - Almost Here
My salesman texted this morning - she has arrived at the dealership! I couldn't wait to share! 54 days from order date. I will share more when she's in my possession.🥰
Jeep 2021.jpg
Congrats Jenny! I'm still in the stuck at the railyard group.... Different railyard than yours, lol

JennnyB

First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Human Resources
Congrats Jenny! I'm still in the stuck at the railyard group.... Different railyard than yours, lol
Get on your GM! They'll get it.

JennnyB

First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Human Resources
She's HERE! Not the best pic since I had to get back to work and today it's raining.... :involve::involve::involve:

54 days from order until it was at the dealer. The color is much nicer than it looked online. It'll take some time for me to get used to all the electronics. My last Jeep (2005) was a true Jeep - no bells or whistles. The clutch is a little different (although I expected that). I actually chirped the tires once and stalled once. I've been driving stick for almost 40 years! It's also much quieter than my 2005.

The sticker did have my name on it. I was wondering if they still did that.

My first mod (if you can call it that) will be a stubby antenna because after all, who's got money left? :giggle: What else are you all doing?

I'll be here for a little while longer cheering you on! :clap:

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking Jee

ScoobyBlue

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Formerly 16JK Willys, now 21JL Rubicon
She's HERE! Not the best pic since I had to get back to work and today it's raining.... :involve::involve::involve:

54 days from order until it was at the dealer. The color is much nicer than it looked online. It'll take some time for me to get used to all the electronics. My last Jeep (2005) was a true Jeep - no bells or whistles. The clutch is a little different (although I expected that). I actually chirped the tires once and stalled once. I've been driving stick for almost 40 years! It's also much quieter than my 2005.

My first mod (if you can call it that) will be a stubby antenna because after all, who's got money left? :giggle: What else are you all doing?

Congrats!!

I’m still waiting for mine to get onto the line! Hoping the status will change soon.

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport

Congrats! I've never wanted a red vehicle before, but must admit I did ponder the Snazzberry a bit before ordering mine. That's a nice looking ride there.

I'm still waiting for mine, it's been in KZ R "a few days from dealer" for about two weeks now. It's difficult not to get impatient, especially watching the snow fall last night and thinking, man that would be fun...but we are in the midst of holidays after all. So I'll just keep living vicariously through you all that are getting yours.

Sponsored

HarleyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2013 Ford Raptor
Occupation
Retired US Navy

Frickin AWESOME....Congrats!!!!!....love that color went back and forth between that and Red.

JennnyB

First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Human Resources
Congrats!!

I’m still waiting for mine to get onto the line! Hoping the status will change soon.
Thanks! I' m sending you positive vibes Joe! :fingerscrossed:

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link

This is basically all I've spent our first three days on as well. Research strongly suggests that the transmission takes a while to become "buttery" but I'll share three recommendations.

1. The clutch engagement is very narrow. Start on a level surface, 1st gear, 4H, release very very slowly. NO accelerator. It's like it wants crawl mode even in 4H and it shouldn't stall. Afterwards you can use the accelerator. This is currently my plan for mostly level traffic lights behind other cars, to leave sufficient space to start creeping when the light is green.

2. Sit in neutral and check your accelerator. On the lightest feather mine would pop to 1.8k and then just kept rising and rising up to 4k or 5k. I recalibrated my pedal yesterday and things seemed to be smoother when I couldn't use #1. Go read https://www.wranglerforum.com/threads/throttle-calibration.888666/

3. Hills, I still don't know. Hill assist worked correctly when driving mine home but yesterday I couldn't get it to behave. My guess is that I was only driving in 1st for half a block so HSA wasn't even engaging. I lost count of how many stalls I had yesterday that were unexpected versus me purposefully trying to gauge the limits of the clutch and computer.

ps If you have to pull out in traffic, it will go if you start "normally" with some throttle, but I definitely had major wheel spin at one point yesterday doing that on a wet surface.

pps The engine is high strung. Shifting 2nd to 3rd is much smoother around 4k. With the redline at 7k, I was treating it way too gently and it's really not happy between 1--2k, at least not in its infancy.

JennnyB

First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Human Resources
Congrats! I've never wanted a red vehicle before, but must admit I did ponder the Snazzberry a bit before ordering mine. That's a nice looking ride there.

I'm still waiting for mine, it's been in KZ R "a few days from dealer" for about two weeks now. It's difficult not to get impatient, especially watching the snow fall last night and thinking, man that would be fun...but we are in the midst of holidays after all. So I'll just keep living vicariously through you all that are getting yours.
Thanks! Dennis! It is a pretty color. Are you checking your status with your dealership? I had the same status from Jeep Chat for about 3 weeks. At the point where my Jeep reached the railyard was where my Sales Manager took over and got it moving from there. I'm not sure how trucking works though. Hang in there! I never thought I'd say that since I was on pins and needles most of my waiting time.

JennnyB

First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Human Resources
Frickin AWESOME....Congrats!!!!!....love that color went back and forth between that and Red.
Thanks Mike! It's so different in person - not just burgundy.

Advertisement

Advertisement