First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Human Resources
If it makes you feel any better, I just went through my third round of ETA windows with no arrival. Was Oct 26-Nov 8, then Dec 1-2, and finally Dec 22-28th. Maybe we should just drive down to Twin Oaks and "steal" our own Wranglers.
LOL Anthony - I'm just laughing about driving down to Twin Oaks and getting our Jeeps. It seems like Jeep Chat doesn't get much info past shipping because I've gotten the same type of answer for a few weeks now. Actually, my ETAs were consistently 12/14 - 12/28. Today, Jeep Chat says "ETA unavailable". My sales manager did email and said he is waiting to hear back from his rep regarding transportation. My guess, as someone else had posted in a thread here, is that dealerships will step up the push to deliver vehicles before year-end. One can only hope, right?

Advertisement

Bobalou34

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara Altitude (Sting Gray)
LOL Anthony - I'm just laughing about driving down to Twin Oaks and getting our Jeeps. It seems like Jeep Chat doesn't get much info past shipping because I've gotten the same type of answer for a few weeks now. Actually, my ETAs were consistently 12/14 - 12/28. Today, Jeep Chat says "ETA unavailable". My sales manager did email and said he is waiting to hear back from his rep regarding transportation. My guess, as someone else had posted in a thread here, is that dealerships will step up the push to deliver vehicles before year-end. One can only hope, right?
My hope as well. What dealership are you using? I'm going through Tri-County. Just kind of crazy that they don't have a better systems to handle shipping and logistics. I tried to get my case escalated with Jeep chat and they told me they have no ways of escalating. Not sure if that's true or not.

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
Picked it up today! :clap: 82 days from order. Can confirm that the relays and fuses needed seated. One part on backorder so there's one wiring harness visible.

Better pictures later at some point, over in the granite metallic club. :involve:

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking IMG_20201228_134103284

ps I'm not abandoning this thread. Still checking crypto updates daily (presumably manufacturing is on holiday hold) and plan to post my weekly updates once that data starts flowing again.

pps Yeah somehow the dome light was on even though the thing was locked with the security system armed? It was off when I left it later. ;)

JennnyB

First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Human Resources
My hope as well. What dealership are you using? I'm going through Tri-County. Just kind of crazy that they don't have a better systems to handle shipping and logistics. I tried to get my case escalated with Jeep chat and they told me they have no ways of escalating. Not sure if that's true or not.
I am going through Savage Jeep. I am so grateful for everyone's input here because if everything is not as it should be, I'll wait another few months. It's too much money to let someone else try to "sell" me on "less than". But Savage has a very good reputation around here so I can't imagine they won't do what it takes to close the deal.

Sponsored

JennnyB

First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Human Resources
Picked it up today! :clap: 82 days from order. Can confirm that the relays and fuses needed seated. One part on backorder so there's one wiring harness visible.

Better pictures later at some point, over in the granite metallic club. :involve:

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking IMG_20201228_134103284

ps I'm not abandoning this thread. Still checking crypto updates daily (presumably manufacturing is on holiday hold) and plan to post my weekly updates once that data starts flowing again.

pps Yeah somehow the dome light was on even though the thing was locked with the security system armed? It was off when I left it later. ;)
Congrats! She's a beauty! I understand about the fuses but will you please tell me about the relays? How do I check that?

ScoobyBlue

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Formerly 16JK Willys, now 21JL Rubicon
Placed 15 Dec, JL-R 2.0L Hydro Blue, added all packages except dual door and smokers (🤢), plus a few other goodies.

VON 16 Dec
VIN and POC 17 Dec
“Obtaining parts” 21 Dec
Still “in scheduling phase” 24 Dec
Still “obtaining parts” 28 Dec

sad face. 🤭😢

Bobalou34

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara Altitude (Sting Gray)
I am going through Savage Jeep. I am so grateful for everyone's input here because if everything is not as it should be, I'll wait another few months. It's too much money to let someone else try to "sell" me on "less than". But Savage has a very good reputation around here so I can't imagine they won't do what it takes to close the deal.
I spoke with Savage. I think they are good and a huge dealership so hopefully can get yours in soon. For me, I have affliates pricing through my employer so it came down to who could give me the most on my trade-in. Also I live like 1 mile from the dealer I went with and they gave me the most so it was a win-win (or so I thought).

HarleyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2013 Ford Raptor
Occupation
Retired US Navy
Placed 15 Dec, JL-R 2.0L Hydro Blue, added all packages except dual door and smokers (🤢), plus a few other goodies.

VON 16 Dec
VIN and POC 17 Dec
“Obtaining parts” 21 Dec
Still “in scheduling phase” 24 Dec
Still “obtaining parts” 28 Dec

sad face. 🤭😢

Lol.....I ordered three days before you and have the exact same info

Sponsored

HarleyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2013 Ford Raptor
Occupation
Retired US Navy
and a dude a day after me has an estimated ship date.

may I ask, engine? Sub model?

Rubicon with the 2.0T.....this will be our week ;-)

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
Congrats! She's a beauty! I understand about the fuses but will you please tell me about the relays? How do I check that?
They're all in the same place, fortunately. Shamelessly stolen picture found online, and I know there's on hiding in one of the arrival threads as well. Engine compartment, passenger side, against the firewall/windshield side:
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking 20180418164845-2e27601d-me

Fuses are all the (mostly) brightly colored things with single numbers on them (10, 20, some 15, etc.). Those are direct, blade type fuses: If there's too much current a little piece of wire inside them burns up, stopping the current through the fuse (destructively, but saving the downstream device that was fused).

The big boxy things (grey, black, brown) are the relays. They have four or more prongs on the bottom and let us suppose that two prongs are for the current to flow (like a fuse), and two prongs are used as an electronic switch to turn things on and off. Because they have more conductors (prongs) they require more effort to align and to get fully seated.

I checked all the relays first; I'd say all moved nearly 1mm. Then I went back and did my best to get all the fuses, many of which seated an additional 0.5mm. Overall 50-70% weren't fully seated.

ps The cover can be removed by hand. Two plastic retaining clips. No tools needed. (I was wearing my leather driving gloves, but things were kinda wet out that morning and I didn't want to get water in there.)

pps Sorry think I've drifted a bit off topic. Let me know if this makes you sad/angry and I'll copy/paste it into the inspection checklist thread and delete it here.

JennnyB

First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Human Resources
My salesman texted this morning - she has arrived at the dealership! I couldn't wait to share! 54 days from order date. I will share more when she's in my possession.🥰
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking Jeep 2021

Advertisement

Advertisement