Sponsored

JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI, '21 JLUR on order
Maybe, your Jeep is in the "lot" of Jeeps with mine that are going to the distribution center that services Demontrond --- I assume is somewhere in Houston area. My recent update from Jeep Chat: "Your Wrangler is still in the ship phase. We do ship our Jeep's out in lots, so more then likely it is waiting for a full load of vehicles to all be heading to the same distribution center." Neil has given me an update anytime I've asked, but I figure there's nothing he can do but look at the tracking system, which I'm not sure how detailed that is, nor does it make the delivery any faster.
I think you're completely correct about their needing a batch to be filled before shipment occurs.

The main reason I haven't been more annoyed about the lack of updates from the dealer is exactly what you pointed out, it won't change anything.

However, a customer order is a pretty easy sale. I don't think putting in a little effort to proactively monitor an order and keep the customer informed is crazy. I set that expectation at the start, and haven't really had it met.

Advertisement

Bobalou34

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara Altitude (Sting Gray)
I got a message 2 days ago that my JLUW has landed! Ordered 9/11, delivered to dealer on 12/16, so 96 days from order to delivery. A long time to be sure. Alas, less time than it seems some are being quoted today. It is mostly frustrating because I wanted my Jeep! Alas...I look forward to heading off road.
The railyard that supplies all if the Philly region is a mess. I'm at 112 days and still no delivery. Its definitely not first come in first goes out, but rather more luck of the draw. Glad to know someone who was stuck in the yard as well finally got a delivery. Gives me hope. Enjoy your new Jeep!

darylgordon

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
I think you're completely correct about their needing a batch to be filled before shipment occurs.

The main reason I haven't been more annoyed about the lack of updates from the dealer is exactly what you pointed out, it won't change anything.

However, a customer order is a pretty easy sale. I don't think putting in a little effort to proactively monitor an order and keep the customer informed is crazy. I set that expectation at the start, and haven't really had it met.
Is it just me or does it seem like there seems to be quite a few Jeep orders from Texas. If hypothesis is accurate, there are probably lots of orders from people who are not on this site. That said, they should have a weekly train load of Jeeps headed this way. 😂

mark1820

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep Trackhawk
Wow Finally window sticker and KZR status. ordered a 21 jlur on 11/13 and as of 12/18 its in KZ R – Vehicle within a few days of Dealer. so about 5 weeks, I was worried about all the jb body to vendor nightmare delays some are having but they got it out on time. still having dealer put 35's and a Mopar lift kit so I'm thinking first week in January. good luck to all.

JennnyB

First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Human Resources
gonna be a good Christmas, just got THE CALL, my willys came in last night. will probably pick up tomorrow. Now I cant wait. apparently 38 days order to delivery.
That was pretty fast! Congrats!!!

Sponsored

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI, '21 JLUR on order
Maybe, your Jeep is in the "lot" of Jeeps with mine that are going to the distribution center that services Demontrond --- I assume is somewhere in Houston area. My recent update from Jeep Chat: "Your Wrangler is still in the ship phase. We do ship our Jeep's out in lots, so more then likely it is waiting for a full load of vehicles to all be heading to the same distribution center." Neil has given me an update anytime I've asked, but I figure there's nothing he can do but look at the tracking system, which I'm not sure how detailed that is, nor does it make the delivery any faster.
Some other posts reference the rail tracking system provides quite a bit of detail - once it gets on it's way. RFID checks at various points, and a specific expected day of arrival at the rail yard. Of course, once it gets there, waiting for a truck to pick it up and take it to the dealership is another crapshoot.

You're right that it doesn't make things go faster. It still seems ridiculous to not offer a way to follow your jeep from order to delivery without relying on a salesperson or messaging jeep chat. If they'd offered to let me pay for detailed info on the build, or to watch it go down the line, like some manufacturers do, I'd have shelled out some more cash to make that happen. Their loss, our frustration.

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI, '21 JLUR on order
Yup, would be cool to have tracking beginning to end, use VIN# sort of like a UPS tracking number to see it go along the way. Might still be frustrating though, as we'd be second guessing it being too long here or there, lol. Unlike UPS, which has pretty steady updates as it moves along and is thus satisfying to see progress toward delivery, the Jeep build and rail process may not be as smooth as we see on UPS. At least you have a projected delivery date range, I don't, but my 8 weeks estimate isn't up until January 27th so I figure I'm way ahead with it being in line to ship after 3 weeks.
We’re already frustrated. I’m not sure this works out better for either party.

JBourne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP WRANGLER JL Sahara 2 doors
Sahara 2 doors for export ordered 08/12 - build 10/20 - still waiting for shipping from Baltimore, MD to my country ! and no way to track the vehicle ! I have no idea on the date of shipping !! Next departure is January 6th on wallenius wilhelmsen TITUS !! Hope it will be loaded on this ship ! But at this time, there is no BL delivered for my vehicle to board this ship !

JennnyB

First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Human Resources
The railyard that supplies all if the Philly region is a mess. I'm at 112 days and still no delivery. Its definitely not first come in first goes out, but rather more luck of the draw. Glad to know someone who was stuck in the yard as well finally got a delivery. Gives me hope. Enjoy your new Jeep!
Give a call to your dealership to see what they have to say. I got an email from my Sales Manager yesterday. He said that he was trying to expedite my Jeep delivery to his dealership. He said that the process before the Jeep got to the railyard he was not able to control, but once it gets there, he is able to do more. We will see but I am hopeful since he offered that nugget of info.

Sponsored

JennnyB

First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Human Resources
Home! Ordered 10/2 at dealer 12/14. I couldn't pick up until yesterday due to quarantine. It never showed up anywhere except the dealer haha, the best place.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking jee
I literally get goosebumps when I see people got their Jeeps! She's a beauty! Congrats!!!!

J Bozz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I don’t think somethings working properly on the form because I just got a window sticker from the dealer and said it should be here within the next couple days still doesn’t show up on here. Interesting

Barefaced

First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport (ordered 9/16)
Occupation
MT
Finally I have had THE call. She arrived yesterday but, go figure, we had our 1st snow of the season and well let's just say things don't go too well when it snows on Vancouver Island 🤣 Ended up being a power cut when they were about to take her in to do the final inspection so I won't be able to get her until this afternoon. Definitely been teaching me patience over these past 3 months 🤣

Advertisement

Advertisement