Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Human Resources
Greetings,

New to the forum, but have been reading a lot of threads for a while now.

I was wondering if anyone knew why there seems to be major delays on Wrangler deliveries in the Philadelphia area?

I ordered Sept. 1st and my Sahara Altitude (first ever Wrangler) was built around Oct 13th. It got to the rail/storage yard (30 miles from dealer) on Halloween, but has sat there now for almost 40 days! Jeep said they were escalating delivery, but have gotten ETA windows that come and go and then no follow-up for 2+ weeks. Almost half the area Wrangler inventory appears to be "in transit" after scanning other dealer websites so it appears to be a regional issue. Just curious if anyone had any information as Jeep nor the dealer seem to know what's going on.

Much appreciated.

Tony
Well that doesn't sound promising. Mine is enroute to the Philly yard also.

Advertisement

Edge Hawk

First Name
Asa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD on order, 2014 JKUR & 1992 M101 CND 2 trailer
Just hit refresh and got my window sticker!

Ordered 11/16
VIN 11/17
Build 12/7 JB Ship to body vendor
Jeep chat said it's in shipping 12/10 11am
Sticker 12/10 12:25pm

TexCin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport (JL)
My2ndRedJeep4Sport3.6L PentastarFOUNDFOUND9/17/202010/24/2020
I have been told by the dealer that my jeep arrived at the staging area in the Houston area on November 9th. It was pulled (randomly) by Chrysler for an inspection and has been waiting on the inspection before being released. Its been 30 days. Has anyone else experienced delay in delivery for this reason? If so, how long did it take? My sales person has been awesome throughout the process but seems baffled by the delay.

jbozz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Texted my salesman. Apparently it will be shipped next week but crypto here has no update for me at all??

Standby to standby I guess.
same here... Crypto shows nothing and its a Christmas gift for my daughter was hoping it would make it here before Christmas....its in KZ status now

Last edited:

Namakan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
I have no doubt there is more behind the scenes that goes into this whole process but I'm confused how so many others are getting updates on their vehicles which were ordered well past mine. I ordered a fully loaded Willys 4D with the 3.6 Auto back on 11/14 and entered it in the system under my user name and still nothing shows up. I tried Jeep chat a couple of days ago and the response I received was that it is "approved to be built" and could be in this phase for up to 6 weeks from now.

Sponsored

Adabisi

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2010 SS2 RS Camaro
Dealer just called me. Build date of the 8th with a delivery hopefully next week sometime. That's a long time for a short distance.

jjmarkus

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR to replace 2018 JLUR, 2020 GMC Sierra, 2019 Subaru Crosstrek, 2007 Shelby GT500
same here... in Crypto shows nothing and its a Christmas gift for my daughter was hoping it would make it here before Christmas....its in KZ status now
Perhaps you know already, but just as a manual check vs Crypto's automated check, you can input your VIN here to check for equipment list: https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing
Also can check for a sticker here, just substitute your vin after =: https://www.jeep.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4HJXFG0MW586733

Slick2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
My2ndRedJeep4Sport3.6L PentastarFOUNDFOUND9/17/202010/24/2020
I have been told by the dealer that my jeep arrived at the staging area in the Houston area on November 9th. It was pulled (randomly) by Chrysler for an inspection and has been waiting on the inspection before being released. Its been 30 days. Has anyone else experienced delay in delivery for this reason? If so, how long did it take? My sales person has been awesome throughout the process but seems baffled by the delay.
That's disappointing. Mine was built and ready for shipping on Tuesday. I see you are in Spring. Is your dealer DeMontrond?

TexCin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport (JL)
That's disappointing. Mine was built and ready for shipping on Tuesday. I see you are in Spring. Is your dealer DeMontrond?
Yes, I went through Neil Carpenter at DeMontrond and he has been super helpful. I highly recommend him and have a friend who purchased a Rubicon off the lot from him yesterday. Best deal within 100 miles.

RobTrachtman

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttleclickchrysler.com
Vehicle(s)
19 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Fleet Manager Tuttle Click Jeep Chrysler Dodge Hyundai
Anyone know how long of a production break Jeep takes during the Holidays? Looks more like next year for my order.
Usually everyone at the plant takes there vacation for 2 weeks at the same time towards the end of the month.

Sponsored

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
I have no doubt there is more behind the scenes that goes into this whole process but I'm confused how so many others are getting updates on their vehicles which were ordered well past mine. I ordered a fully loaded Willys 4D with the 3.6 Auto back on 11/14 and entered it in the system under my user name and still nothing shows up. I tried Jeep chat a couple of days ago and the response I received was that it is "approved to be built" and could be in this phase for up to 6 weeks from now.
Average is still 30--40 days. More likely is that Jeep is building a bunch of vehicles for general sales on dealer lots in January and can repurpose one of those if a special order is an exact match.

I've been posting overview numbers weekly. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...build-sheet-order-tracking.12503/post-1329462

jbozz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer just called me. Build date of the 8th with a delivery hopefully next week sometime. That's a long time for a short distance.
my Rubicon took 3.5 months.. just ordered a Sahara for my Daughter hope it gets to us quicker this time...:idea::)

WillysGirl

First Name
Dara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Crypto Update

Completes
1C4JJXFMXMW6...adabisiEdgeHawkGerbs76JVR
KapJeepKarenhislopKontrolledkaosLouimilessarge
RickysWillyS...SnazzyJesseTreverViper

Builds Found
NameOrdered
Back2Wrangler12/3
Blueink12/1
CC20209/6

HeatBird

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79' Corvette 4 spd. 21'Willys 2dr. 6 spd.
Occupation
Retired
Perhaps you know already, but just as a manual check vs Crypto's automated check, you can input your VIN here to check for equipment list: https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing
Also can check for a sticker here, just substitute your vin after =: https://www.jeep.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4HJXFG0MW586733
Thank you for these links. What does it mean if a window sticker can't be found? Supposedly my Jeep was shipped. Wouldn't it be shipped with a sticker?

J Bozz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

Advertisement

Advertisement