JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

srs148

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Billet JLUR, 2014 Jeep GC Summit
7/12 order date, been stuck in shipping for weeks. Dealership has no clue, but willing to put in a new order. Going in tomorrow, might add a couple options I didn’t get on 1st order. Might be starting this process over again
I'm in the same boat - I ordered 7/9 and my JLUR has been done since 8.26. Stuck in JZOD (carrier held) status since then and delivery ETA keeps slippin' slippin' slippin', into the future.

I called my salesperson yesterday and said the same thing to him - I want to just order another at some point because my JLUR seems to be lost in the transit system while later orders are being delivered, he has zero visibility as to why and no influence to help resolve the issue.

My dealer (Criswell) is not willing to allow me to order another JLUR without forfeiting my initial $1k deposit - at least not at this point.

At some point, they have to yield and allow me out of the purchase - I'm not waiting an indeterminate amount of time for the vehicle while what's left of the warm weather in the NE slips away.

Advertisement

bullfrog3459

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Caliber (Sold), 2012 Black Dodge Journey, 2021 HellaYella Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
Network Administrator / Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
7/12 order date, been stuck in shipping for weeks. Dealership has no clue, but willing to put in a new order. Going in tomorrow, might add a couple options I didn’t get on 1st order. Might be starting this process over again
I'm in the same boat - I ordered 7/9 and my JLUR has been done since 8.26. Stuck in JZOD (carrier held) status since then and delivery ETA keeps slippin' slippin' slippin', into the future.

I called my salesperson yesterday and said the same thing to him - I want to just order another at some point because my JLUR seems to be lost in the transit system while later orders are being delivered, he has zero visibility as to why and no influence to help resolve the issue.

My dealer (Criswell) is not willing to allow me to order another JLUR without forfeiting my initial $1k deposit - at least not at this point.

At some point, they have to yield and allow me out of the purchase - I'm not waiting an indeterminate amount of time for the vehicle while what's left of the warm weather in the NE slips away.
If you guys haven't, make sure Jeep Cares is involved, keep calling them. Email is a 48 hour response if you are lucky. Also make sure to escalate with your dealership. They can get the regional FCA person involved and start tracking things down. Your dealership and FCA have a lot of pull power they try to avoid using.

We ordered ours 7/3 offically (we actually did the work 7/1 but 7/3 is when it hit the system) and we received ours 9/18 and picked up 9/19. It was in shipping for 5 weeks and was JZOD. If you ask Jeep (like i did today for giggles) ours is still in transit. Being JZOD it could also mean there are other transit issues like a mis-route, damage, etc (though the codes should change to reflect that).

There are a lot of logistics that are at play including drivers from the depot to the dealership that are still in a lot of shortage in certain areas.

SamB0311

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500
My 7/7 order is finally at the railyard. Praying to pick her up this weekend.

srs148

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Billet JLUR, 2014 Jeep GC Summit
If you guys haven't, make sure Jeep Cares is involved, keep calling them. Email is a 48 hour response if you are lucky. Also make sure to escalate with your dealership. They can get the regional FCA person involved and start tracking things down. Your dealership and FCA have a lot of pull power they try to avoid using.

We ordered ours 7/3 offically (we actually did the work 7/1 but 7/3 is when it hit the system) and we received ours 9/18 and picked up 9/19. It was in shipping for 5 weeks and was JZOD. If you ask Jeep (like i did today for giggles) ours is still in transit. Being JZOD it could also mean there are other transit issues like a mis-route, damage, etc (though the codes should change to reflect that).

There are a lot of logistics that are at play including drivers from the depot to the dealership that are still in a lot of shortage in certain areas.
Thanks for the tip! I called Jeep Cares and it doesn't seem like they have any visibility into shipping issues, but the rep was as helpful as he could be and created a case for me. Hey, it can't hurt. Jeep chat was useless, i got the "we have an estimated delivery window and you're well within your 8-12 week lead time. Peace"

jmj8355

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 2.0
Hmmmm wonder if mine is with it. I was also hoping to pick up Saturday. I had window of 9/21-10/5. Steve told me last week potential rail yard of 9/25 so maybe that was just worst case

Sponsored

bullfrog3459

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Caliber (Sold), 2012 Black Dodge Journey, 2021 HellaYella Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
Network Administrator / Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the tip! I called Jeep Cares and it doesn't seem like they have any visibility into shipping issues, but the rep was as helpful as he could be and created a case for me. Hey, it can't hurt. Jeep chat was useless, i got the "we have an estimated delivery window and you're well within your 8-12 week lead time. Peace"
You are right, the initial people you talk to do not have any insight. When the case gets created and escalated through the channels, it will find someone, probably "Jeff", and will work on getting everything worked out ... hopefully.

Logistics in some areas are spot on. In other areas, they are absolutely lack luster. I did read a forum post here that I believe FCA changed logistic companies and that may be part of the blame as well. If they truly did switch logistics, I can tell you, the decision sucks.

EDIT: was also going to mention that jeeps ordered before the 2021MY Production, seem to be the ones with the most issues. Orders after that time, seem to be going through build and logistics in 4-7 weeks right now.

nesman7

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Hmmmm wonder if mine is with it. I was also hoping to pick up Saturday. I had window of 9/21-10/5. Steve told me last week potential rail yard of 9/25 so maybe that was just worst case
Oh man..... maybe mine is there too! Steve originally told me 9/22 to the rail yard before revising it to 9/25 last week.

SamB0311

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500
Orginally told 9/22. Was told yesterday it's at the railyard so it was there at least 1 day early.

jwhite77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Wrangler
Got an update from the Jeep chat today and finally have an eta of 9/21 - 10/5. Going to Steve in Missouri. I'm guessing its on the far end of that projection since today is the 21st :LOL:. Anyone else on the same train and get the same update or any more info? @jwhite77 I think you said yours might be on the same train to Steve?
Mine is sitting on a train in StL waiting for a truck to Steve in Linn. So sounds like I'm slightly ahead of you. I had the same date as you though. If you haven't called Steve, then you might want to. JC gave me the same dates, but then when I called Steve last Friday he said it was already in StL. I'm hoping I will get it this week.

JustAnotherChicken

First Name
Tundra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Rubicon
My Rubicon got to rail yard in Selkirk NY on 9/13. My dealer tells me it's on a truck carrier now and to expect today or tomorrow for delivery. Keeping my fingers crossed that car carrier doesn't come across and unexpectedly low bridge!

Sponsored

Brendon

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Willys 2020 GMC Denali 2500 HD
Vehicle Showcase
You are right, the initial people you talk to do not have any insight. When the case gets created and escalated through the channels, it will find someone, probably "Jeff", and will work on getting everything worked out ... hopefully.

Logistics in some areas are spot on. In other areas, they are absolutely lack luster. I did read a forum post here that I believe FCA changed logistic companies and that may be part of the blame as well. If they truly did switch logistics, I can tell you, the decision sucks.

EDIT: was also going to mention that jeeps ordered before the 2021MY Production, seem to be the ones with the most issues. Orders after that time, seem to be going through build and logistics in 4-7 weeks right now.
I've been complaining on here for a couple weeks about my Willys being "lost" in shipping with ever changing eta's to my dealer. JC is useless. Jeff is the same. I have worked with him for weeks and he just gives me the "company line" that it is in transit and they will work with logistics to expedite delivery. Never happens. My dealer is just as "lost." Talking with the regional rep they came up with a "maybe" eta of 10/20 - 41 days after shipping out from the plant. With an order date of 6/15 ,the thought of cancelling and starting over is just too tough. If I didn't really want this jeep -- I certainly don't need it -- I would cancel and move on never to darken the doorstep of FCA again.

ScootScharf

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD
I've been complaining on here for a couple weeks about my Willys being "lost" in shipping with ever changing eta's to my dealer. JC is useless. Jeff is the same. I have worked with him for weeks and he just gives me the "company line" that it is in transit and they will work with logistics to expedite delivery. Never happens. My dealer is just as "lost." Talking with the regional rep they came up with a "maybe" eta of 10/20 - 41 days after shipping out from the plant. With an order date of 6/15 ,the thought of cancelling and starting over is just too tough. If I didn't really want this jeep -- I certainly don't need it -- I would cancel and move on never to darken the doorstep of FCA again.
Mine took more than 30 days to go 100 miles. It’s just a test in patience. It is what it is.

jmj8355

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 2.0
Oh man..... maybe mine is there too! Steve originally told me 9/22 to the rail yard before revising it to 9/25 last week.
talked to Steve....mine is not at railyard yet and he's sticking to his 9/25 date for that plus the time to truck it to Linn. Looks like this weekend is a no go. Hopefully next weekend.

Advertisement

Advertisement