JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

Beer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 f250 Lariat, 2019 Corvette Z06
Big thanks to Yakpimp for the tracking tool.This will be my second jeep , first one in 1973 and now 2021 Rubicon. Just found my build sheet as of today. I'm getting closer. This has probably been asked many times already , usually how much longer for delivery to dealer after getting build or does every deal have different time frames?

Advertisement

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
But he is one of the high volume dealers known well on here; a few weeks ago he told me he was juggling about 40 orders.
I can look at this in two ways:
  1. He's busy making commissions hand-over-fist, so he can't take the time to provide good customer service. It's hard to sympathize with the salesperson in that case. [why not use some of the commision money to hire an administrative assistant to handle the details?]
  2. When you buy at one of those super high discount dealers, the buyer is trading off good customer service to get a bigger discount. In some bizarre way, that seems mostly fair, and buyers tend to be okay with this. It's the same reason that I can never find an employee to help me when I'm searching for something at WalMart.
I know both are a little cynical, but life is all about cause/effect. I suspect that #2 is more accurate here. It's the reason I haven't been banging my fist after getting a 5% below deal. If I paid full boat retail, I would want kid gloves treatment - but, I didn't.

Rumplemenz

First Name
Geno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport, 1986 Ford Mustang Notchback
So...do you think he's protecting you from misinformation...or, just lazy?
probably lazy... my salesperson isnt lazy hes just a total air head. Literally screwed shit up 3 times. I sent him a simple email with my build. He than built it completely wrong leaving out the altitude package. I correct him and than he leaves out remote proximity. I call them and they say ok sorry we'll add it. Well my build is FOUND and the list of features and options is included and whataya know? Proximity isnt there... no worries, i'll just use it as part of my renegotiations :)

SORRY to jack your reply... just venting cant help myself

Lucky #7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6-spd Manual
I'm psyched that my Jeep might be built! Now I'll hurry up and wait.
Heather
Hello Ken Congratulations on your new purchase I can certainly assist.
5:24:37 PM
Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your vehicle is in the stage prior to being released by the plant. Vehicle may have been selected for additional quality inspections or held for delivery purposes. At FCA, you can be assured that we take vehicle quality seriously.
5:25:19 PM
Me
What is the scheduled delivery date?
Sorry Ken I do not show one yet.

Rumplemenz

First Name
Geno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport, 1986 Ford Mustang Notchback
BTW, while getting a new vehicle is exciting, the worst part for me is the finance manager's part. I NEVER buy etching, extended warranty, tint, etc..., but that doesn't stop them from wasting my time pitching them. Am I just unlucky, or does everyone experience this? To a certain extent it takes a good day and puts a damper on it. In fact, I may request COVID delivery to my home with hopes that he/she doesn't come along with the delivery person. Plus, on my turf, I control the clock.
i am 100% with you! Never added ANYTHING in my life. I like your thinking

Sponsored

mhofmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
After my parts sat in a corner gathering dust for about a month, Jeep Chat told me last week that my vehicle was built and released from the factory. After a week in storage (amongst daily JC chats), I received word today from JC that my vehicle would arrive 9/15 - 9/29 in Oregon. My dealer still tells me my vehicle is pending build..

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
After my parts sat in a corner gathering dust for about a month, Jeep Chat told me last week that my vehicle was built and released from the factory. After a week in storage (amongst daily JC chats), I received word today from JC that my vehicle would arrive 9/15 - 9/29 in Oregon. My dealer still tells me my vehicle is pending build..
jC always gives two week delivery windows but they have no idea what us going on once it is out the door. Your dealer should have access thru the FCA system to see the build date and KZ date. Then he should have access to a transit system to see where it is at. I've seen them get to Oregon in 5 days up to three weeks once they are on a train. Then depends how soon they have trucks to pick it up at the dropyard. Coup le of days to rwo weeks.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
probably lazy... my salesperson isnt lazy hes just a total air head. Literally screwed shit up 3 times. I sent him a simple email with my build. He than built it completely wrong leaving out the altitude package. I correct him and than he leaves out remote proximity. I call them and they say ok sorry we'll add it. Well my build is FOUND and the list of features and options is included and whataya know? Proximity isnt there... no worries, i'll just use it as part of my renegotiations :)

SORRY to jack your reply... just venting cant help myself
Which model did you order? If a Rubicon or Sahara have them give you the parts for proximity entry for free and you can put them in yourself. It is pretty easy and an entire thread in the DIY section on how to do it. If Sport S you may need to do some additional wiring to do the front doors.

JustAnotherChicken

First Name
Tundra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Today I learned that the dealer can know much more than Jeep chat. My dealer found out that my Jeep for on the train car on Monday. Jeep Chat knows that it got released to the carrier, but doesn't know if it's on a train or when it might be. It's still on the way!
Maybe mine is on the same train - did they say where they the train staging yard is at this end? In 2012 when I ordered, it was staged in Mass for delivery to Portsmouth dealer.

Brian1022

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Liberty (formerly), 2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Maybe mine is on the same train - did they say where they the train staging yard is at this end? In 2012 when I ordered, it was staged in Mass for delivery to Portsmouth dealer.
There is an end in Mass and one in Selkirk NY. I am getting mine out of Keene, so mine is going to selkirk. My friend got one that is on a train to the mass depot and his started the train ride on the 24th. The train might drop some cars in Selkirk and go on to Mass tho, I really have no idea

Sponsored

Jeepin808

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot, Subaru BRZ
Getting home from a weekend of camping and being off-line. Love the news that came in over the weekend! My dealer said delivery to rail yard (Kent, WA) is expected on 9/10, and then anyone's guess when the jeep makes it to dealership.
Ordered mine on 6/4 and it's complete and ready to ship. I wasn't expecting it at the dealer until around 9/15 which makes sense if they are telling you there is a WA shipment landing on 9/10

great to hear on the train dates!

EDIT on 9/3 - Email from the dealer just now - it has shipped!

Last edited:

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Just curious how often you folks check Jeep Chat for status? My salesperson is fairly noncommunicative, so I need to get my information elsewhere, or (blindly) wait patiently.
Ordered 7/7. I waited a whole month to ask for updates, then it has been every two weeks since. Jeep Chat once a week or so since 8/10, but daily or every other day the last week since production seemed to start moving. Sitting in post-production for a week now.

Hopefully we see them soon!

WillysGirl

First Name
Dara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Looks like I missed a lot of excitement today!!!!

Crypto Update:

Completes:
EZsmoke
Mono
morreale
Nick176893
PASARGE
SomedudesRubicon
WGO

Builds Found/Sheets Published:
Aaron37 - ordered 7/17
Anton - ordered 7/23
BN - ordered 7/21
CapK - ordered 7/20
CJ13 - ordered 7/21
jacko - ordered 7/17
JeepMama - ordered 7/27
JRHRubi - ordered 7/24
KSJeep - ordered 7/27
kvn - ordered 7/22
mELINDA - ordered 7/25
NEbla - ordered 6/30/20
RobTeazy - ordered 7/20
Rumplemenz - ordered 7/17

Build Found - Pending Published Build Sheet:
JHSahara - ordered 7/20
Jlrubi046 - ordered 7/24
JLURD - ordered 7/14
Mjefferies... - ordered 7/29 (I can't see if sheet is published. Name is too long. If this is yours, please confirm that build sheet is published.)
Snoopy - ordered 7/18
TripleJ - ordered 7/24
Worm12 - ordered 7/27

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I want to thank Dara for doing a great job keeping everyone up to date on Crypto results and helping everyine see how ordered date, build date and sticker date aren't directly linked. Helps set expectations for those just ordering. And they are coming fast while she is back to work full time and getting hers any day now.

Advertisement

Advertisement