Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Oh man, I have a 2021 on the way and now I am good and pissed. If they don't give me 2.99% I walk.
Why would they give offers on a new MY. If they don't sell after a few months they may do them but they sell every one they make so supply demand curve says no incentives.

Advertisement

Deleted member 53226

Why would they give offers on a new MY. If they don't sell after a few months they may do them but they sell every one they make so supply demand curve says no incentives.
I know. You're right, but man, it just seems like they could help a brother out. I ordered my 2021 while the 2020 financing and incentives were in full swing. Sorta proceeded on that basis.

One thing for sure, Ford will do lots of incentives and give serious financing deals on that Bronco. Then someday some FCA bean counters will be wondering what happened to sales.

Deleted member 53226

Never understood the concept of borrowing to buy something. Just seems a waste of money. Father would take away our trust fund if we did that.
Yea, I hear you. My dad was a warehouse laborer, so no trust fund unfortunately. So if I want a Jeep, I have to borrow. I suppose my theory is you only live once and 3% is a small price to pay. It a depreciating asset anyway, so you'll lose money no matter what, just a matter of how much. My old man did use to say if the interest rate is low enough, it is best to use other people's money rather than spend your own all at once.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, I hear you. My dad was a warehouse laborer, so no trust fund unfortunately. So if I want a Jeep, I have to borrow. I suppose my theory is you only live once and 3% is a small price to pay. It a depreciating asset anyway, so you'll lose money no matter what, just a matter of how much. My old man did use to say if the interest rate is low enough, it is best to use other people's money rather than spend your own all at once.
Earlier in my life interest rates were 18%. My Maybach is being delivered to our beach home on Friday. Giles is very excited to be driving a new vehicle again.

Sponsored

nap914

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler unlimited
I know. You're right, but man, it just seems like they could help a brother out. I ordered my 2021 while the 2020 financing and incentives were in full swing. Sorta proceeded on that basis.

One thing for sure, Ford will do lots of incentives and give serious financing deals on that Bronco. Then someday some FCA bean counters will be wondering what happened to sales.
I fear I won't get decent financing either since it's now September. I might go check out rates with my local credit union instead.

EchoCharlie1

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR; '17 F-250 FX4 Platinum; '15 Tesla S 85D; '15 Volvo XC60 T6; '16 Ducati Monster 1200R; '09 Vans RV-6
Occupation
Navy "Mustang" (ret); Engineering Manager, Space/Maritime Programs
In case anyone cares, after 2.5 weeks of “final inspection” I am now in storage.......
Of course we care...now, where’s mine? So, does storage mean it’s waiting for a spot on the train?

Gig’em!

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
Of course we care...now, where’s mine? So, does storage mean it’s waiting for a spot on the train?

Gig’em!
I’m not really sure what that means...... its just, being stored....... for the 2nd coming.

Sponsored

chellymarie75

First Name
Shelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willy's
In case anyone cares, after 2.5 weeks of “final inspection” I am now in storage.......
This is my fear right now! I want to put my vehicle up for sale, but I’m terrified I’ll be another few weeks waiting. And definitely don’t want to be without a vehicle.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
This is my fear right now! I want to put my vehicle up for sale, but I’m terrified I’ll be another few weeks waiting. And definitely don’t want to be without a vehicle.
You better wait until it arrives. There are no guarantees in life.

jmj8355

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 2.0
I’m not really sure what that means...... its just, being stored....... for the 2nd coming.
Actually i think it means since ours are both headed to same dealership that they are gonna hold yours until mine gets out of pile o parts stage and ship them together. Estimated ship of 9/4 so start rooting for crypto jmj8355 alerts!!!

balbright18

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR

Gig’em!
My Rubicon was in storage for 10 days (8/14-8/24). Got my sticker (8/24) released to shipping...but still hasn't left Toledo. Nerubi's P word is your friend.

Advertisement

Advertisement