MotoMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD Granite Crystal Metallic
RKWRUBI JLURD ordered 7/3, current JC update:

Thank you so much for holding. Vehicle has been built and has passed inspection, but not released to carrier as of yet. No ETA is associated with the vehicle as of yet.

Glad to see at least one diesel through inspection!
Have you seen a window sticker for it yet?

Advertisement

AppleJacks23

First Name
A.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Human Resources
Vehicle Showcase
Have you seen a window sticker for it yet?
Not yet. Hasn't been picked up for shipping yet. I'll check to see if dealer has more info

WillysGirl

First Name
Dara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
The last update I saw regarding this, I thought they were working 3 shifts of 8 hours per day, 7 days a week now instead of 2 shifts of 10 hours a day, 7 days a week; and it started after the 2020's were finished and the 2021's started.
I think the switch to 3 shifts is happening sometime in October. Not totally sure, but I rcall reading that somewhere.

deejorama

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2016 Rubicon
New update from Amber @ Jeep. Ordered July 07.

"I see your order has entered the build process and is in the paint stage"

Hopefully for real this time...

'21 JLUR Manual Cold Weather

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I moved from final inspection to installation of post-production options (tailgate reinforcement). Are people moving quickly through that department?

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What's this patience word you speak of. Jeep is at the mercy of the railroads and trucking companies once it leaves the factory, they have little influence. Some trains meander all around others go direct. Dropyards have too many cars to get out on limited number of trucks. Seen them wait 3 weeks in dropyards or get out in 1 day.

Best advice is keep busy ordering more mods to put on once it arrives.
Ex-UP employee here. The railroad will come through just as it has for over 150 years. :)

bullfrog3459

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Caliber (Sold), 2012 Black Dodge Journey, 2021 HellaYella Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
Network Administrator / Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Ex-UP employee here. The railroad will come through just as it has for over 150 years. :)
Slow and Steady. It's not the rail I'm worried about. It's after getting to the yard in KC and onto a truck ...

bullfrog3459

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Caliber (Sold), 2012 Black Dodge Journey, 2021 HellaYella Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You know where in kc? Maybe i could do some remote stalking for you. Might help me take my mind off the fact that mine is perma parts gathered.
I wish I did. @nerubi probably does. He knows everything. :) Look for a bright Hella Yella Jeep on a train car, probably be the one. hah ...

jmj8355

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 2.0
I wish I did. @nerubi probably does. He knows everything. :) Look for a bright Hella Yella Jeep on a train car, probably be the one. hah ...
Can you tell at least if its union pacific? There is a single up yard in kc about 15 min away. I could make rhat my daily get out of the house drive. Do they ride open air on cars or are they enclosed?

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Can you tell at least if its union pacific? There is a single up yard in kc about 15 min away. I could make rhat my daily get out of the house drive. Do they ride open air on cars or are they enclosed?
I would (strongly) suspect that there is only one rail yard in KC, and it's a huge/busy UPRR hub. So...the one 15 minutes away is it. That said, it would be like gazing at the airport in the distance and spotting your suitcase.

bullfrog3459

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It should be UP to my knowledge. The cars are all transported in enclosed train cars. Look here as they are transported in an Autorack: https://www.up.com/customers/track-record/tr181121_rail_car_types.htm @rickinAZ may know more specifics since they have stated ex-UP.

bullfrog3459

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I would (strongly) suspect that there is only one rail yard in KC, and it's a huge/busy UPRR hub. So...the one 15 minutes away is it. That said, it would be like gazing at the airport in the distance and spotting your suitcase.
Hahaha, beat me to the reply!

jmj8355

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 2.0
[/QUOTE]
Hahaha, beat me to the reply!
There is actually a handful of up yards according to gmaps plus bnsf and norfolk southern around the city. Regardless if they are enclosed i wouldn't be able to tell you if it was a jeep or a box of coal. Was a good thought though.

SargeRubicon14

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Rock Red Pearl 2-door Wrangler Sahara (Sold); 2021 Sarge Green 4-door Wrangler Rubicon; 1995 Ford F250 XLT 7.3L Powerstroke
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
I just heard from the tracking team via e-mail. Still D1.

Advertisement

Advertisement