Crypto Update:

Complete:

Coe
JoeShmoe
mjaga
Samp
Silverstreak
SRS148
noice!!! I got the update this morning that my sticker was available. I’m hoping quick ship since my dealer sells dozens of JLs per month (Criswell in MD). My salesperson alone sold over 15 and there are a lot of sales folks working there so they get multiple truckloads per month... here’s to hoping!

Advertisement

EchoCharlie1

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR; '17 F-250 FX4 Platinum; '15 Tesla S 85D; '15 Volvo XC60 T6; '16 Ducati Monster 1200R; '09 Vans RV-6
Occupation
Navy "Mustang" (ret); Engineering Manager, Space/Maritime Programs
Well here is hoping I get one too!
Those of us from the June orders could always continue talking about things other than the wait...’cuz I’m no longer trusting the words of Jeep Chat or my dealership. Shipment date (all pre-ship steps completed) was supposed to be 8/28 (first ship date was 8/22). Watching my grass grow is much more rewarding! Although, my opinion on that statement will certainly change as we’re driving the hour to Daytona for delivery.

crazyjas

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
Those of us from the June orders could always continue talking about things other than the wait...’cuz I’m no longer trusting the words of Jeep Chat or my dealership. Shipment date (all pre-ship steps completed) was supposed to be 8/28 (first ship date was 8/22). Watching my grass grow is much more rewarding! Although, my opinion on that statement will certainly change as we’re driving the hour to Daytona for delivery.
For what is worth, Ordered a heavy optioned JLURD on 7/3 with ship date of 8/22. Last week while in D1 got a ship date of 8/28. Was in paint on Monday and been in inspection since Thursday. . .

ladyhawke82

First Name
Charline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 XJ "Tina Patina"
Occupation
Full time RVer and online marketer!
I have the '16 Monster 1200R...it IS a beast, but fun to ride. Problem is that no matter where you go, people do not give any respect to 2-wheeled vehicles and the risks are becoming less tolerable. Less than 2500 miles on it and I'm considering the idea of selling.
Yep, gotta ride like you're invisible. I get it man. <3

ladyhawke82

First Name
Charline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 XJ "Tina Patina"
Occupation
Full time RVer and online marketer!
No Monster but 1299 Pani here and before that a 916
The 916 is my husband's dream bike. I keep telling him that he needs to get one. :angel: I'm more of a 749 fan myself. :drool:

Sponsored

EchoCharlie1

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR; '17 F-250 FX4 Platinum; '15 Tesla S 85D; '15 Volvo XC60 T6; '16 Ducati Monster 1200R; '09 Vans RV-6
Occupation
For what is worth, Ordered a heavy optioned JLURD on 7/3 with ship date of 8/22. Last week while in D1 got a ship date of 8/28. Was in paint on Monday and been in inspection since Thursday. . .
I’d have gone with the 3.0, if it were available without being forced to buy the $2k a/t. I prefer the low-end torque of lower-refined fossil fuel, not to mention, the greater ROI on the thermodynamic properties.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
In case any of you JL buyers are new to Jeep, here's a testimonial to resale value. I just sold (privately) my JK Hard Rock for a surprising amount. Basically, not counting aftermarket adds, I received 79% of my original purchase price after 5 years. Even counting all of my mods, it still retained 60%. As a benchmark, 50% (at 5 years) is usually considered really good for other vehicles.

Now where the heck is my (in final inspection) JLURD? I'm a flipping pedestrian now!

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
FYI, after 45+ years of riding, I haven't been "down"...yet. Also, with the deer...she didn't survive, neither did the Duc...but, since the bike stayed up (even after a 60 mph impact with the deer), I got another.
Unless your butt hit the ground your record is intact! Stay safe.

Sponsored

EchoCharlie1

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Unless your butt hit the ground your record is intact! Stay safe.
I got VERY lucky...but, the rapid deceleration did temporarily raise my voice a few octaves.

The incident occurred the day after Cars and Coffee in Scottsdale, where I met a number of Duc folks. Once I picked up the R, I rode with some of the Tukson crowd for runs up Mount Lemmon, to seek refuge above the tree line for cooler air.

We‘ve got a lot of good memories taking our JKUR up the fire roads around Mt Lemmon, taking on increasingly more difficult routes. Florida? Not so much...just a lot of sand, mud and vulture-size mosquitoes.

Turniipp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.0
Now where the heck is my (in final inspection) JLURD? I'm a flipping pedestrian now!
I don't want to rain on your parade, but my 2020 JLURD is still in Inspection and has been for over a month. I ordered 5/23. My salesman informed me that a wait longer than 20 days in "I" status means they found something wrong.

After working with my salesman, I'm throwing in the towel on that order. Tomorrow I'm placing a new order for a 2021 JLURD. Jeep rep. swears they'll bump my order to the front.

That darn p word of @nerubi is dead, dead I say...

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I don't want to rain on your parade, but my 2020 JLURD is still in Inspection and has been for over a month. I ordered 5/23. My salesman informed me that a wait longer than 20 days in "I" status means they found something wrong.

After working with my salesman, I'm throwing in the towel on that order. Tomorrow I'm placing a new order for a 2021 JLURD. Jeep rep. swears they'll bump my order to the front.

That darn p word of @nerubi is dead, dead I say...
I waited 9 months+ for the car in my avatar. That said, you have the added benefit of a newer model year if you switch. I'd usually say be patient, but if you get moved to the front of the line, and get a newer version (think steering box), you might be better off.

Turniipp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.0
I waited 9 months+ for the car in my avatar. That said, you have the added benefit of a newer model year if you switch. I'd usually say be patient, but if you get moved to the front of the line, and get a newer version (think steering box), you might be better off.
Between the newer model year, which means less of a depreciation hit, and the trail camera and the higher gear ratio on the 2021 3.0 it was kind of a no brainer. I also didn't want to purchase a lemon and figured if they still haven't sorted out what is wrong with it, I don't want it.

The new steering box is the cherry on top.

DeviantCK

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara Manual. Expecting 2021 JLU Rubicon Manual Sarge Green
Well according to Kaylee this is my status, Im glad its past D1 but also no build sheet yet so idk if to trust JC anymore.

JS- Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your vehicle is in the stage prior to being released by the plant. Vehicle may have been selected for additional quality inspections or held for delivery purposes. At FCA, you can be assured that we take vehicle quality seriously. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided.

Advertisement

Advertisement