Sponsored

JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

Jannine

First Name
Jannine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Rubicon,2018 Lincoln Navigator ,2017 Dodge Ram 1500,2016 challenger SRT-plum crazy ,2015 Dodge Challenger SRT -BLACK
Gorgeous! How does the steering feel?
It pulls ever so slightly to the right but not to bad . I actually expected it to be worse .

srs148

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Billet JLUR, 2014 Jeep GC Summit
It pulls ever so slightly to the right but not to bad . I actually expected it to be worse .
Have them check the alignment for you - it shouldn’t pull at all being this new. Also, check your air pressure! :).

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Jannine

DO, check you cold air pressures.. 99 9/10 % of the time, the new JL owner finds his JL's tires are very very very overinflated. This causes steering issues..... the issues get compounded when the tires warm up and tire pressures, thus increase and make the steering issues, even worse.

In warm weather, you are better off running say 2-3 lbs psi less then what the door sticker says..

Also, the JL's steering wheel has telescopic ability. Make sure you adjust your JL for whomever routinely drives it... You want it so you are not reaching for the steering wheel..... reach for it is a common cause/reason for the pull to one side.. your arms get tired cause you are reaching and you eventually drop one arm a bit.... Anyway, DO, adjust the steering wheel so you when you reach for it, you have some bend in your arms..

Jannine

First Name
Jannine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Rubicon,2018 Lincoln Navigator ,2017 Dodge Ram 1500,2016 challenger SRT-plum crazy ,2015 Dodge Challenger SRT -BLACK
Have them check the alignment for you - it shouldn’t pull at all being this new. Also, check your air pressure! :).
Thank you for the info, I will do that :)

Jannine

First Name
Jannine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Jannine

DO, check you cold air pressures.. 99 9/10 % of the time, the new JL owner finds his JL's tires are very very very overinflated. This causes steering issues..... the issues get compounded when the tires warm up and tire pressures, thus increase and make the steering issues, even worse.

In warm weather, you are better off running say 2-3 lbs psi less then what the door sticker says..

Also, the JL's steering wheel has telescopic ability. Make sure you adjust your JL for whomever routinely drives it... You want it so you are not reaching for the steering wheel..... reach for it is a common cause/reason for the pull to one side.. your arms get tired cause you are reaching and you eventually drop one arm a bit.... Anyway, DO, adjust the steering wheel so you when you reach for it, you have some bend in your arms..
Thanks so much for the information and suggestions!!!

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
Today, I'll post good news. Crypto emailed saying it found my sticker - I clicked and confirmed it. I'm assuming I can't be the only one, I hope we all see a huge list of our stickers soon from @WillysGirl

Sponsored

WillysGirl

First Name
Dara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Protip:

even if you get a sticker, the wait still sucks.
The wait still sucks!!!! Received my sticker on 8/25. It feels like eons ago, honestly... But it's really only 5 days! What????? BUT, it has been complete and in KZ since 8/21. I was actually told it was in KZR (a few days from dealership) on 8/26. But alas, it's still in Toledo.... I mean, I guess technically it IS within a few days from the dealership. HAHAHA

The wait........

Advertisement

Advertisement