Lucky #7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6-spd Manual
Hey Im June 18th too...
I'm in Northern Virginia about 20 miles outside of DC. I'll be interested to see who gets their's first. EchoCharlie in FL, you in Dallas or me in NOVA.
Echocharlie, you had your order "escalated" like me, right? What did they tell you? My knucklehead contact person emailed me that my JLUR is scheduled to be built the week of 8/31. I think that means I get my vehicle when I get my turkey and stuffing...

Advertisement

EchoCharlie1

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR; '17 F-250 FX4 Platinum; '15 Tesla S 85D; '15 Volvo XC60 T6; '16 Ducati Monster 1200R; '09 Vans RV-6
Occupation
Navy "Mustang" (ret); Engineering Manager, Space/Maritime Programs
June 16th order.
FCA is lying and lying to dealers. There is no way any dealership should have a 21 in the lot for sale before all orders are delivered. Mine was one of the first completed and Iā€™m in a major metropolitan area. People who posted their builds completed after mine have taken delivery. My was marked waiting for shipment carrier 8/13. The dealer actually showed me a screenshot of my Jeep loaded on a truck and shipped 8/22 at 3AM. I could have walked to Chicago from Toledo in the 7 days. Itā€™s a 4 and a half hours drive. I understand they have other dealers to stop at. Even if the full carrier truck had only one Jeep per dealership, they all should have been delivered already.
A clear case of left (FCA) and right (dealers) hands not clearly communicating. Iā€™ve resigned myself to not give 2 f#@&$ about it anymore and when it arrives, it arrives. Then and only then, will I get my shorts all wadded up and the little 5-year old in me will re-emerge. Waiting for FCA to fairly build by date ordered, although logical, is just not the case and not worth the stress.
Therefore, Iā€˜m convinced that our Rubi will only arrive by the power of PFM. Sometime around Christmas. Any earlier, will be a pleasant surprise.

EchoCharlie1

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR; '17 F-250 FX4 Platinum; '15 Tesla S 85D; '15 Volvo XC60 T6; '16 Ducati Monster 1200R; '09 Vans RV-6
Occupation
I'm in Northern Virginia about 20 miles outside of DC. I'll be interested to see who gets their's first. EchoCharlie in FL, you in Dallas or me in NOVA.
Echocharlie, you had your order "escalated" like me, right? What did they tell you? My knucklehead contact person emailed me that my JLUR is scheduled to be built the week of 8/31. I think that means I get my vehicle when I get my turkey and stuffing...
ā€œEscalatedā€œ for build the week of 8/24. Dealer contacted me saying it is scheduled to ship today 8/29. Jeffbot email on 8/26 said that build will be closely monitored and update provided on 9/9. :headbang:
The options we ordered were nothing out of the ordinary, just a crystal granite met. w/manual tranny Rubi with steel bumpers, black hardtop, Alpine and LEDs. :bandit:
EC1

dmc1068

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys 4dr JL and 2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys 2dr JL
A clear case of left (FCA) and right (dealers) hands not clearly communicating. Iā€™ve resigned myself to not give 2 f#@&$ about it anymore and when it arrives, it arrives. Then and only then, will I get my shorts all wadded up and the little 5-year old in me will re-emerge. Waiting for FCA to fairly build by date ordered, although logical, is just not the case and not worth the stress.
Therefore, Iā€˜m convinced that our Rubi will only arrive by the power of PFM. Sometime around Christmas. Any earlier, will be a pleasant surprise.
Itā€™s not the other orders that puss me off. Itā€™s the non sold JLs hitting dealer lots. How do you ship anything not ordered special before you get out orders that were placed two months ago??

srs148

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Billet JLUR, 2014 Jeep GC Summit
PA deliveries usually happen quickly.
I ordered through Criswell, so it's Gaithersburg, MD (about 2 hours from me), but technically, they're 50 miles closer to Toledo than the Philly area is, so I think I'll be in a good spot.

Sponsored

nap914

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler unlimited

EchoCharlie1

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Itā€™s not the other orders that puss me off. Itā€™s the non sold JLs hitting dealer lots. How do you ship anything not ordered special before you get out orders that were placed two months ago??
IMHO, sold units = done deal, whereas an unsold unit = new customer opportunity and more revenue. :facepalm:

I could be wrong...I was once before. :CWL:

EC1

jmj8355

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 2.0
IMHO, sold units = done deal, whereas an unsold unit = new customer opportunity and more revenue. :facepalm:

EC1
I guess in my feabile mind i had it pictured as no difference between a custom order from us vs dealer order. Neither order is sold or a done deal until papers are signed and you are gone. I can still backout of my order anytime just at the expense of my deposit. Orders going to dealers to fill their lots are just as custom as yours and mine. Difference is a sales manager ordered theirs the way they felt they could sell them quickest and highest profit whereas ours are specific to our needs. I also have been wrong before...maybe even twice.

chellymarie75

First Name
Shelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willy's
Does crypto send another email update when your sticker become available?

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
My wifeā€™s build (Novagirl) went live last night on crypto after she got done with Jeep chat. They told her its off getting extras installed. No delivery date yet. Itā€™s a diesel.

Sponsored

dmc1068

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

EC1
Exactly. Unless a sold unit gets fed up and tells them to keep it.

Depending on how much longer I may be posting a lot of accessories for sale.

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
June 18 order date here. It is tough seeing all the July orders go ahead of ours. On the other hand, I do dig seeing the photos of everyone's Jeeps. I'm not paying Virginia's personal property tax while I wait, so I guess that's good. See Mom, I found the f&#@ing silver lining you told me to look for...
Hey Im June 18th too...
June 16th order.
FCA is lying and lying to dealers. There is no way any dealership should have a 21 in the lot for sale before all orders are delivered. Mine was one of the first completed and Iā€™m in a major metropolitan area. People who posted their builds completed after mine have taken delivery. My was marked waiting for shipment carrier 8/13. The dealer actually showed me a screenshot of my Jeep loaded on a truck and shipped 8/22 at 3AM. I could have walked to Chicago from Toledo in the 7 days. Itā€™s a 4 and a half hours drive. I understand they have other dealers to stop at. Even if the full carrier truck had only one Jeep per dealership, they all should have been delivered already.
June 20 for ours...:facepalm:
Guys, I think I figured it out. FCA MUST be doing something special and commemorative for all June orders. After all, we supported them by buying $50k vehicles amidst arguably one of the most uncertain periods in our lifetime. Amidst a pandemic that shut down our economy and put us into a debt figure that will be passed down for generations up come. When most were out of work, losing their homes, businesses, WE rose up and said, "yes, I want to throw $50k towards a new vehicle, and FCA, I choose you!"

DISCLAIMER: This is not a political post by any means. Just poking fun at the most absurd order/build process I've ever come to know. I've also resorted to complaining about my order on here once a day, so this is today's. Thanks to all of you for keeping the rest of us sane. This is actually saving me money, because at this point all the summer-ish mods can wait to be purchased until next year. Happy Saturday y'all, I hope those of you who have received your order can enjoy some awesome weather!

dmc1068

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All I know is FCA better step up their game. Competition is on the horizon with the Bronco coming out.

Advertisement

Advertisement