JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

DeviantCK

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara Manual. Expecting 2021 JLU Rubicon Manual Sarge Green
I signed up on Crypto a while back. Ordered a JLU with only two options (hardtop and tech group). Ordered 7/24 with estimated ship date on 9/1. Nothing on Crypto yet and JC yesterday said parts were gathered at the factory, sequenced to build, etc.

My salesman tells me today they are expecting it any day now and its already shipped. I guess my Jeep is one of them that gets no updates as it progressed through the system.
Or you get a crate of unpainted parts! Grownups Lego is the best!

Advertisement

WillysGirl

First Name
Dara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
I signed up on Crypto a while back. Ordered a JLU with only two options (hardtop and tech group). Ordered 7/24 with estimated ship date on 9/1. Nothing on Crypto yet and JC yesterday said parts were gathered at the factory, sequenced to build, etc.

My salesman tells me today they are expecting it any day now and its already shipped. I guess my Jeep is one of them that gets no updates as it progressed through the system.
Crypto will usually only show your build sheet after its come off the line. Mine showed up something like 2-3 days later. Unfortunately, Crypto doesn’t report the stages. I wish!!!

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Tell me about it.. i sold my car july 3rd ...borrowing cars is getn old
We sold our Trailhawk ecodiesel (and only vehicle at the time) in mid-May, then the dealer changed the deal on a 2020 JLURD by over $7k. We walked from the deal (and have been walking more since). Rental vehicle every other week or so and a little running around on my motorcycle, but I'm ready to have a Jeep again! First World problems for sure, but we haven't been able to sail, kayak, camp, or a lot of the other fun stuff this summer. Used market for any SUV under $10-$15k has been absurd all summer (and a few PPI's have been discouraging and adding up).

And we wait. And check in here. And banter. And let Obi-wa-Nerubi mock us for our impatience (deservedly so).

It has given me time for other projects (okay, toys; but certainly not work). I have a 28' E-scow hanging in the driveway; spent the last 4 days and countless grinding disks to strip the 30 years of paint and grime off the trailer, and am in the middle of the axle rebuild in the garage. Hopefully repaint and new bunks this week. Lots of extra space to work I guess.

Deleted member 53226

I ordered a 2021 in mid-July because my 2020 was a lemon. I'm checking every day for a status update with support, and they haven't given me anything other than "your parts have been ordered." More frustratingly, FCA is now asking for me to set a surrender date for the 2020 without telling me when the 2021 will be done, or giving me any assurances that I won't be without a car. You'd figure that if I'm returning a lemon and ordering a new one, they'd do everything they can to make sure I'm not left without a car.

Seems all I can do is just keep checking back every day.
Honestly, when a customer has to go through all the angst and hassle of dealing with a defective new vehicle, and then returning that lemon, he/she should go to the front of the line. That's just basic customer service.

Sponsored

DucatiTy

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda CRV
Ordered on 06/25 still in D1 status as per my dealer this morning. I have an estimated ship date of August 28th. I guess it's going to be October before I see the Jeep here in Canada.

Tylerjohn in Crypto

Vin:
1C4HJXFN2MW523888

CapeRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Altitude (On it's way)
Ordered on 06/25 still in D1 status as per my dealer this morning. I have an estimated ship date of August 28th. I guess it's going to be October before I see the Jeep here in Canada.

Tylerjohn in Crypto

Vin:
1C4HJXFN2MW523888
What dealer are you dealing through? I'm in the Valley but shopped a bit in HRM before buying down here. Got quite a bit more trade value down here for our CRV.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered a 2021 in mid-July because my 2020 was a lemon. I'm checking every day for a status update with support, and they haven't given me anything other than "your parts have been ordered." More frustratingly, FCA is now asking for me to set a surrender date for the 2020 without telling me when the 2021 will be done, or giving me any assurances that I won't be without a car. You'd figure that if I'm returning a lemon and ordering a new one, they'd do everything they can to make sure I'm not left without a car.

Seems all I can do is just keep checking back every day.
They should be able to escalate your order to get so you can return the other one. Ask them and PM me if they say no.

Lucky #7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6-spd Manual
Think of the poor guy with his 2020 still in inspection heading into week 4 and can't get an answer.
That is what keeps me from going nuts as I see these July orders getting delivered before my June 18 order is being built. I feel for the 2020 folks!

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

i will trust your status report when you post the picture of it in your driveway in Post Pictures of Your Delivered Jeep thread. I won't believe any other report. See note that follows.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Over on the JT forum they were being told by Jeep Chat that their Gladiators were built and shipping although Jeep said production start was going to be yesterday. Jeep Cares posted that errors had been made in some reporting by Jeep Chat and emails with corrected info would go out to those impacted. No comment if same applied to the JL side.

Advertisement

Advertisement