Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Crypro update:

TitusvilleWrangler 2020 build/sticker/complete ordered date 08/16 don't ask me why.

Advertisement

SargeRubicon14

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Rock Red Pearl 2-door Wrangler Sahara (Sold); 2021 Sarge Green 4-door Wrangler Rubicon; 1995 Ford F250 XLT 7.3L Powerstroke
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
Here is hoping Marcell and Manquel got some good rest and they are bright eyed and bushy tailed for the upcoming build week!
Marcell is talking about meal prepping because he wants to gain weight. Hopefully he puts an emergency snickers in there for when he is grumpy.

Sponsored

SargeRubicon14

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Rock Red Pearl 2-door Wrangler Sahara (Sold); 2021 Sarge Green 4-door Wrangler Rubicon; 1995 Ford F250 XLT 7.3L Powerstroke
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
No hope, just shows the randomness of when they build them.
Is it really all that random? I'm not sure if it's been studied that much or not, but my theory is that they build them by region so they can ship them in groups instead of building them one at a time for all over the country.

kingpinJL

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited, 2021 JLUR
Is it really all that random? I'm not sure if it's been studied that much or not, but my theory is that they build them by region so they can ship them in groups instead of building them one at a time for all over the country.
that doesn't really make sense either, because none of us who are built/waiting for shipment are zoned together....

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
I am convinced they are holding the 2021s. Not one forum member has a vehicle in transit and my new update is:

I am showing that your vehicle is in the stage prior to being released by the plant. Vehicle may have been selected for additional quality inspections or held for delivery purpose.

It has always been random with some people (me in May 2020) being told the vehicle was at the dealer the same day Jeep Chat told me it was shipping and others waiting and waiting after a build. We have members is every virtually zone and there is a glut of 2021 orders and not one is in transit when they started builds a week ago?

I was hoping there would be people who ordered 2020s who ordered before production who could shed light on this. I think I will dig up the 2020 production thread and read.

Brian1022

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Liberty (formerly), 2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
I found out from Jeep Chat yesterday that mine (2021 Rubi ordered 6/19) is through QA and onto the custom shop. Who knows how long it takes to get through there....but it's another step forward.

kingpinJL

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited, 2021 JLUR
I am convinced they are holding the 2021s. Not one forum member has a vehicle in transit and my new update is:

I am showing that your vehicle is in the stage prior to being released by the plant. Vehicle may have been selected for additional quality inspections or held for delivery purpose.

It has always been random with some people (me in May 2020) being told the vehicle was at the dealer the same day Jeep Chat told me it was shipping and others waiting and waiting after a build. We have members is every virtually zone and there is a glut of 2021 orders and not one is in transit when they started builds a week ago?

I was hoping there would be people who ordered 2020s who ordered before production who could shed light on this. I think I will dig up the 2020 production thread and read.
from the few that i've seen, they seem to hover in I/JB/JS status for a week or 2 before hitting KZ status.

Sponsored

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
from the few that i've seen, they seem to hover in I/JB/JS status for a week or 2 before hitting KZ status.
Yeah, and I think that is normal, for a couple of days to a few weeks, in mid year. But I was told hey hold all of them for a bit at the start of the new model year. From looking at the 2020 MY thread, they started building on 7/22 (our 8/10) and they had estimated ships (build dates) a few days later. All sat in JB status with a few changing to KZ (released from plant ) on 8/2. To me that translates into the our first KZs around 8/23. Probably first deliveries 8/25. That's my uneducated hypothesis, maybe longer.

Last edited:

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
i've read the supply chain study, watched the factory assembly videos, talked with some sales managers, assembly line workers and reviewed hundreds of build sheets to try to determine a rhyme or reason to the sequence. Every source says they do not know of one. They do know where it is going before the build and that may have a small part but I've seen build sheets show at the same time going to Canada, LA, Orlando, New York, Denver. Crypto has less than 1% of all orders so it is a very small sample but others have not found a firm method. I asked a Jeep executive manager familiar with the Wrangler plant and he had no comment. There may be a method to it but it certainly isn't by date of order.

Best thing is to just wait Patiently until your lottery number is drawn. I still get notes from some that cracked under the pressure of waiting and their doctors usually let them out of the sanitarium when their order finally arrives.

Advertisement

Advertisement