Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I've also given Jeep the feedback on the fact that you can only configure 2020's on their site even though you can only order 2021s for over a month now... they claim you can configure, price and then buy remotely (through a dealer of course) but that's totally bogus when the wrong model year is the only thing available. I've even tried to hack the site and replace 2020 with 2021 in the build site URL to see if it would work but no dice....
The site is to send people to dealer's lots and since they don't have 2021s yet they will not add them to the site until dealers get them.

Advertisement

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
This morning Jeep chat said my Jeep is in trim!! Are we still waiting on crypto to find the first 21’s?
Still waiting. Because there is usually a couple days delay before they get in the Jeep build sheet database I expect Crypto to start showing some today.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered mine 7/8 and Jeep Chat this morning didn't give me a date and only "supplies gathered and waiting to be built."

Seems like the dealerships has more info than the Jeep support at this moment? Will probably ask my dealer for any updates I suppose.
The dealer does have more accurate info than Jeep Chat and should be able to tell you the most recent status. But they don't want the dealers bugged by a hundred customers several times a day asking so they put up Jeep Chat to take the flak, and they take a lot of it. I wouldn't work those calls.
Jeep used to have an inline site to find the exact status of an order but so many people bitched about it that they took it down.
People need to learn the word patience.

jmj8355

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 2.0
seems like thus far the random order generator is behaving properly as it seems all the folks in build are June orders. Havent seen anybody with a July order reporting anything other than canned parts ready.

Sponsored

Lucky #7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6-spd Manual
You had to know it would eventually happen.. and he's not wrong, unfortunately.
Sometimes I do not want to get splashed in the face with the cold water of truth. All those points made are valid. Hope evidence of '21s appears. I also hope when one goes to the Jeep page and wants to "build" a Jeep they see '21 instead of '20. What's up with that?

struong8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon(ordered)
The dealer does have more accurate info than Jeep Chat and should be able to tell you the most recent status. But they don't want the dealers bugged by a hundred customers several times a day asking so they put up Jeep Chat to take the flak, and they take a lot of it. I wouldn't work those calls.
Jeep used to have an inline site to find the exact status of an order but so many people bitched about it that they took it down.
People need to learn the word patience.
I see. Yeah, I am not too pushy on my dealer for info, haven't even messaged him since I ordered and received all the info I needed. Seeing everyone have some sort of progress on their '21 order has me a little bit more curious though.

WillysGirl

First Name
Dara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
so, to be clear, besides Jeep chat and emails from dealers, we no official confirmation in crypto that any 2021's have been built, correct? also, I have not seen any confirmation via the factory facebook nor the UAW local 12 facebook page that 2021's are officially on the line. Am I wrong?
You are not wrong. I expect to see some
Crypto acknowledgement today. Maybe. Hahaha

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
You'd think they'd update the Jeep website to have the 2021's already on there if production of the 2020's is finished and they've started 2021 production. ‍
Wouldn't be smart for them to update the website until the lots were full of 2021s. Every customer who went to the website before the dealership would ask for the 2021. I never paid attention to this before but I am curious how they make the turnover. Imagine if you ran a dealership and the dealer one town over had 2021s and you did not. Maybe they have an embargo or something until all the dealerships have 2021s. (And this is a no-change model year) @PaulwithJeep ?

Last edited:

WillysGirl

First Name
Dara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Sometimes I do not want to get splashed in the face with the cold water of truth. All those points made are valid. Hope evidence of '21s appears. I also hope when one goes to the Jeep page and wants to "build" a Jeep they see '21 instead of '20. What's up with that?
@nerubi said in another response a few days ago that they change the website when the 21s start hitting dealer lots.

Last edited:

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You are not wrong. I expect to see some
Crypto acknowledgement today. Maybe. Hahaha
Or we could be in the Matrix and we just think that 2021s have started to build.

Even with the databases, Jeep Chat and the dealer I've learned to not give full faith in any of these and believe it when I'm sitting in it on the dealers lot as soon as it is unloaded. Again, there are orders on Crypto that show no build or sticker found but they have had their Jeep for a month. I've seen Jeep Chat and the dealer say some have already shipped and three days later be told it is still at the factory. And Jeep Chat saying it is ready to ship the same day the dealer calls to say it is on the lot.

So use a little caution with what you get told.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
@nerubi said in another response a few day’s ago that they change the website when the 21s start hitting dealer lots.
And a couple of days ago two dealers told me they have been told their orders should start building the third week of August.

DeviantCK

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara Manual. Expecting 2021 JLU Rubicon Manual Sarge Green
I guess we have done it guys, Jeep Chat seems to be down in the two computers I have tried :CWL:

hazylogic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Renegade; 2021 JLUR on order
Latest on my order today:

" I am showing at this time your Vehicle has been built and is pending installation of additional equipment. This is a necessary step when additional features or optional equipment packages are added to the vehicle."

So excited :rock:

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I guess we have done it guys, Jeep Chat seems to be down in the two computers I have tried :CWL:
Way to go. :crying: Maybe they decided too many asking so they are all taking a month long vacation.
Latest on my order today:

" I am showing at this time your Vehicle has been built and is pending installation of additional equipment. This is a necessary step when additional features or optional equipment packages are added to the vehicle."

So excited :rock:
JB

Advertisement

Advertisement