JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

davcho80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willy's unlimited in order
I think that I will already have to persist with him because in the built sheet I do not see the side steps

Advertisement

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'd really like to know why being a jeep customer in Canada has to be such a rigamarole. Between my dealer lying straight to my face about when my order was actually submitted to a window sticker being found but nothing actually exists there seems to be a bit of a black hole on this side of the border.

I just wish it was all uniform.
Think it is a Commonwealth thing. Australian orders show a build sheet but never a sticker. They get shipped down there, I think in a knocked down state then finished and delivered. Maybe Jeep.au prints a window sticker for them.

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
Think it is a Commonwealth thing. Australian orders show a build sheet but never a sticker. They get shipped down there, I think in a knocked down state then finished and delivered. Maybe Jeep.au prints a window sticker for them.
Australia I can see there being a bit of a disconnect. We're attached to your hip :/

I live less than 1 hour from the border

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Australia I can see there being a bit of a disconnect. We're attached to your hip :/

I live less than 1 hour from the border
Could be Canadian dealers still hold a grudge against anything American because of that 1776 thing.

Sponsored

CapeRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Altitude (On it's way)
Checked with the dealer today and mine is on its way, currently in Ontario. Expected date is Aug. 18-Sept. 1. Still unable to confirm if the order was changed to reflect adding the technology package to the build. Window sticker still show the little 5" radio and my salesman is skeptical as well but was told the order was amended a month and a half before it went on the line. Find out soon enough I suppose.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Most dealer will tell you that once it hits D1 status no changes can be made. Plenty of people have tried with no luck. Might be that if the dealer ordered it before the plant shutdown and it went into D1-to-D Regress because of that they allowed order changes.

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
RDiddy do you have estimated date when you receive your?
My dealer told me August 18, but I literally put zero stock into anything he says.

That's not to say I think the jeep factory is doing anything wrong, I am sure they are doing the best job they can given the messed up situation and the fact they are working crazy OT.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Chat told me that they're going to be starting the MY2021 production on Monday, 10 August.
The original projected date from June. Still a few 2020s but they are getting told they hope to have them done Monday or Tuesday.

Wranglernator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Wrangler (sold); 2021 Sting Gray Rubi Unlimited
Occupation
Evil Overlord
That’s hard to believe. Last week jeep chat wouldn’t tell me anything. What was your ordering date?
8/10 is the standard start date for '21's that has been in the production date thread since June I think. Good to hear it's still on.

DogplasmaPeopleplasma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 4Runner Trail Premium....2021 JLUR
Seems like the Jeep Chat people have their own Magic Eight Ball filled with vague responses to get everyone’s hopes up....I’ve been told 8/21 ship date based on a 6/20 order date but dont expect it till October if I am lucky, regardless of what my salesperson tells me. (He seems to think it will be here at the end of the month)

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I just called the factory and told them if they could get the remaining two confirmed 2020 orders on Crypto out by Sunday that they could start building the 2021s on Monday. They promised to get right on it.

Advertisement

Advertisement