Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Do you happen to know what the hours were before? Any thoughts on why they would change?
i know earlier they were trying to get people to work on Sundays. Saturdays used to be volunteer plus contract. I think they are adding some extra time on each shift to start building the 2021 orders by September or October :giggle: because those darn 2020 orders take so long.
The times are pretty close to before but seem a little longer.

GoBills

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys
Occupation
Firefighter
i know earlier they were trying to get people to work on Sundays. Saturdays used to be volunteer plus contract. I think they are adding some extra time on each shift to start building the 2021 orders by September or October :giggle: because those darn 2020 orders take so long.
The times are pretty close to before but seem a little longer.
Thanks so much for knowing literally everything we need to know on this forum!! Hahah hopefully my 21 will come sooner rather than later but I know they aren’t close yet to starting production on the 21’s, hopefully one of these weeks we’ll see the first build sheets of the new year being found! :)

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
More dissatisfaction from Toledo workers about Covid at the plant and some are also suing FCA and UAW for bribery. Surprised anything gets built there. Partly explains the new hours with one hour between shifts.

TOLEDO, Ohio — On-site coronavirus testing will now be available to Jeep workers.
This on-site testing is a win, according to UAW Local 12 president Bruce Baumhower.
It was also announced in this plan to hire more employees, but in the meantime, some plant workers tell me they still have concerns.
"We feel like nobody cares about us and we're being told you come to work every day or you're going to get fired," a Jeep employee said.
With thousands of people in and out of the Toledo Jeep plant every day.. some employees are concerned not enough is being done to prevent possible exposure to contracting COVID-19.
"I guess the major concern is just the number of people overlapping at all times, I mean basically there's no way to social distance we're working 6 or 7 day weeks not caring if second shift overlaps with first shift," a Jeep employee said.
While Jeep's parent company confirms they have had positive cases, it sent this statement: "FCA continues to make the health and safety of its employees a top priority. Since restarting our operations, we have not had any spread of the virus in our plants. Any suggestion to the contrary is completely untrue."
They sent a statement from May talking about precautions that have been put in place including hand and workspace sanitizers, masks and required health questionnaires before employees can come in the building.
"We do have 10 minutes to sanitize our work station each morning with rubbing alcohol. If that's what the CDC has approved then great, but a lot of times, those bottles are empty."
Heat-sensing cameras that can detect when someone who walks by has a fever are also at the entrances, but one employee said they need to be monitored by an employee
"We have them, but are they manned all the time? No," a Jeep employee said.
Both employees who spoke to WTOL said their number one concern is not knowing if the people they're working around have been exposed and that they usually don't find out until way after the possible exposure.
"The problem is the people being exposed are not being considered a risk. So even if they've been exposed at home, they know for an absolute fact they've been exposed, once at work they get confirmation of this the people they've been working with all day long are not considered exposed," a Jeep employee said.
With the union's announcement that they've negotiated on-site testing, this issue may begin to dissipate, but another concern is the limitations on their sick time because of staffing levels.
"I'm only allowed to use them Tuesday Wednesday Thursday. I'm not allowed Monday, Friday, Saturday,' a Jeep employee said.
The union is negotiating with the company and says they should be hiring more part and full-time employees.
The health department says they have been to Jeep multiple times without any issues and will continue working with them.

Sponsored

kingpinJL

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited, 2021 JLUR
More dissatisfaction from Toledo workers about Covid at the plant and some are also suing FCA and UAW for bribery. Surprised anything gets built there. Partly explains the new hours with one hour between shifts.

TOLEDO, Ohio — On-site coronavirus testing will now be available to Jeep workers.
This on-site testing is a win, according to UAW Local 12 president Bruce Baumhower.
It was also announced in this plan to hire more employees, but in the meantime, some plant workers tell me they still have concerns.
"We feel like nobody cares about us and we're being told you come to work every day or you're going to get fired," a Jeep employee said.
With thousands of people in and out of the Toledo Jeep plant every day.. some employees are concerned not enough is being done to prevent possible exposure to contracting COVID-19.
"I guess the major concern is just the number of people overlapping at all times, I mean basically there's no way to social distance we're working 6 or 7 day weeks not caring if second shift overlaps with first shift," a Jeep employee said.
While Jeep's parent company confirms they have had positive cases, it sent this statement: "FCA continues to make the health and safety of its employees a top priority. Since restarting our operations, we have not had any spread of the virus in our plants. Any suggestion to the contrary is completely untrue."
They sent a statement from May talking about precautions that have been put in place including hand and workspace sanitizers, masks and required health questionnaires before employees can come in the building.
"We do have 10 minutes to sanitize our work station each morning with rubbing alcohol. If that's what the CDC has approved then great, but a lot of times, those bottles are empty."
Heat-sensing cameras that can detect when someone who walks by has a fever are also at the entrances, but one employee said they need to be monitored by an employee
Both employees who spoke to WTOL said their number one concern is not knowing if the people they're working around have been exposed and that they usually don't find out until way after the possible exposure.
"The problem is the people being exposed are not being considered a risk. So even if they've been exposed at home, they know for an absolute fact they've been exposed, once at work they get confirmation of this the people they've been working with all day long are not considered exposed," a Jeep employee said.
With the union's announcement that they've negotiated on-site testing, this issue may begin to dissipate, but another concern is the limitations on their sick time because of staffing levels.
"I'm only allowed to use them Tuesday Wednesday Thursday. I'm not allowed Monday, Friday, Saturday,' a Jeep employee said.
The union is negotiating with the company and says they should be hiring more part and full-time employees.
The health department says they have been to Jeep multiple times without any issues and will continue working with them.
2 things in response to this...

"We feel like nobody cares about us and we're being told you come to work every day or you're going to get fired," a Jeep employee said....

no shit, if you don't show up to work, you get fired....

I'm familiar with these cameras. They're really cool, and they don't need to be manned. They send notifications to specific individuals who can handle the situation.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
She uploads her smut videos to the internet and charges people to watch her.
It was actually rated PG13. She was in a tight outfit showing off in the video how good her rear looked. One guy did a video in the plant parking lot doing clapping pushups. Most comments are complaints of working there.

jmj8355

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 2.0
@nerubi, do you have a feel for how many 20's are still in the hopper? Not sure if you have a view of things that arent directly put into the tracker. Could FCA get to a point where they just say all 20's in the hopper will now become 21's? Selfishly because my 21 order, but i would also be a bit steamed if i waited this long and took delivery of a 20 in August or later as it would damn near be a model year old from day 1.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
No they won't change the 2020s over to 2021. Some companies are doing that, Corvette for instance.
On Crypto there are about 30 probable 2020 orders left and about 12 possible ones. Since they are putting out about 700 per day there must be a lot of orders waiting. Latest Jeep Chat quote I have seen for a 2020 projected build is next week. So my guess is 2020 will be done the week of August 3. Then the normal week long party at the plant celebrating a new year.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My Jeep- 2020 High Altitude- arrived and I am very happy with it! (Not pictured: me wrestling with the soft top in an attempt to get it on. I ultimately won, but it was not pretty)
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking Jeep1
I learned on mine not to put the soft top on ir take it off by myself. Unwieldy and can scratch the paint.
Other HAs are still waiting to be built or shipped.

VictorySwing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
My Jeep- 2020 High Altitude- arrived and I am very happy with it! (Not pictured: me wrestling with the soft top in an attempt to get it on. I ultimately won, but it was not pretty)
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking Jeep1
Very nice! On the build sheets for HAs it lists a High Altitude badge. Where is it located on yours?

Angela1939

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Yes! He said 7/1 it was in transit. As of yesterday he says he can't see the date. I heard that sales reps don't have access but managers do?
Update! New delivery window 7/28 to 8/11. That means new train I think.

Advertisement

Advertisement