Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I was going to disagree but I figured I should double-check first. What I noticed on double-checking is that the bookmark at home is the ?vin= form, but the bookmark at work is the ?nick= form. It is consistent for me... So now I wonder if @Patientlywaiting may have the same thing - sometimes looking up in crypto by nickname and sometimes by VIN.

I've never looked up anyone else's on crypto so can't say what to expect there.
Sounds right. Since I don't have mine in there I can only look up in Crypto based on nickname for people with open orders.

Advertisement

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has been sitting in the rail yard since the 4th, 34 minutes from my house this really really really sucks
Seems to be a common theme at drop yards as every car manufacturer is pumping out cars as fast as they can. One yard had 900 waiting for trucks to get them to the dealer. They were even storing them in the railcars which means the empty railcars can't get back to the plant to get more.

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
Seems to be a common theme at drop yards as every car manufacturer is pumping out cars as fast as they can. One yard had 900 waiting for trucks to get them to the dealer. They were even storing them in the railcars which means the empty railcars can't get back to the plant to get more.
Sheesh that's nuts, guess I got really lucky being in the middle of nowhere, mine was only at the yard a few days.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I see in Crypto that my window sticker is found. I was able to access it yesterday but today it says "window sticker unavailable" when I click the link. Does anyone know what's going on?
Crypto shows you built and complete. Now prepare for the long, long, long journey to Vancouver.

Sponsored

Roadglider09

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking Screenshot_20200713-143203_Message+

She’s home and had a nice bath after 650 miles of bugs from Koons to Georgia. Well worth the drive. Big thanks to Craig Benner for making it quick, easy, and hassle free.
I’m picking mine up from Craig at Koons tomorrow morning! Looking for to the 800 mile drive back to Florida.

410Jeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon | 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
I’m picking mine up from Craig at Koons tomorrow morning! Looking for to the 800 mile drive back to Florida.
@Roadglider09 @ctarpley
I bought mine from Craig two weeks ago. Luckily my drive was only ~100 miles or so.
Craig is super easy to deal with, the finance guy he set me up with was a bit irritating but that’s their job right?
Good luck and enjoy, feel free to PM if you have any questions regarding the process!(that goes for anyone)

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
@Roadglider09 @ctarpley
I bought mine from Craig two weeks ago. Luckily my drive was only ~100 miles or so.
Craig is super easy to deal with, the finance guy he set me up with was a bit irritating but that’s their job right?
Good luck and enjoy, feel free to PM if you have any questions regarding the process!(that goes for anyone)
What extras were you solicited with? What, if any, did you accept?

410Jeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon | 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
What extras were you solicited with? What, if any, did you accept?
At finance they were heavy on pushing their financing. This is after I had them do it the week prior and they said they couldn’t beat my bank. After going back and forth then they beat my bank by .05%. Which I already had my down payment check and my loan check dispersed so I said no. Then pushed the extended warranty pretty hard and played the game with pricing on that for about 30 minutes. There’s a guy on the forum named Tom Winkles that offers a warranty at a no bs price that seems to be lower than what they were able to offer.

There were more issues with the finance side of it and how he pushed it but I’m not going to exactly air that out here. Feel free to PM me if you’d like more insight on that. My situation might’ve been unique because I’m younger than most buying this vehicle on their own and maybe he thought I was gullible? Again. Typical finance guy tactics.

On the flip side of things, Craig was straight to the point and gets things done with no time wasted. He had all of his paperwork ready to go when I got there, he was polite and friendly and easy to deal with. Ironically I had asked a major Jeep dealer near me if they could offer pricing anywhere close to Craig’s and they made up a bunch of stuff saying they’ve heard of him and that Craig was going to change the price when I got there. Typical dealer bs. So that’s why I skipped over my local Jeep dealer. I’ve already heard enough testimonials in person and on the forums to know he was straight to the point and giving us a great deal.

so my two cents, depending on your finance situation, come prepared and know your numbers, and talk to Tom Winkles about an extended warranty if you think you might want one. This can be done after you make the purchase as well. Don’t let the finance bro tell you that the cheapest time to buy it is that day. It’s a big decision, give yourself time to think on it.

Pipewench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU & 1947 Willys CJ2A, now eagerly awaiting my 2020 JL
Occupation
Plumber
and talk to Tom Winkles about an extended warranty if you think you might want one.
I'd like to do just that. Can you tell me what his username is, or how to find him? I'm not finding anything when I search that name.

Thanks for your insight into how your process went.

Advertisement

Advertisement