Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What’s even crazier is that Jeep keeps telling me that all of the production materials are ready to go. So there are no backorders for wheels or other parts. FCA states that it’s in line... but My Goodness how long is this line?

Everything is there and it’s literally not being built. All I get is delay after delay and more BS from Jeep chat and FCA.

And to top it off, after all of this waiting and frustration, I have to be wary that the damn thing might get sold out from underneath me. Just crazy.
My first new car when I was 18 you couldn't order one just buy off the lot so didn't have to wait for that. But after owning it one week I was stopped at a light waiting to turn left when it was rear-ended, by an off duty cop. Guess who got the ticket. Had to wait for repairs and since it was a limited edition model it took a while.

Advertisement

VictorySwing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
What’s even crazier is that Jeep keeps telling me that all of the production materials are ready to go. So there are no backorders for wheels or other parts. FCA states that it’s in line... but My Goodness how long is this line?

Everything is there and it’s literally not being built. All I get is delay after delay and more BS from Jeep chat and FCA.

And to top it off, after all of this waiting and frustration, I have to be wary that the damn thing might get sold out from underneath me. Just crazy.
You cant make this stuff up... just crazy. But I guess I can't complain too much about the wait cuz there are some with January orders still waiting. But listing it with your VIN and a stock number attached to it is a no go and very very frustrating. I was on chat the last two days in a row hoping to get a build date but getting told exactly what you wrote about the materials blahs, blah, blah with no date.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Plant has been running for about 30 hours and no updates to the FCA database on builds or stickers for the few orders left on Crypto for 2020. It is normally slow in how it shows the results but maybe this means that they have thousands of other 2020 orders they are building that aren't on Crypto.
But they better get moving on the ones left here to have them built and delivered in the next three weeks because that is when I will be retiring from the forum (plus people with 2021 orders in are threatening mutiny if they don't start building theirs).

john_k

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '12 GTI DSG, '13 MX-5 GT 6MT, '16.5 CX-5
It is home! The GM and his whole crew were trying to tell me it doesn't come with the "Jeep" rubber hitch cover. He even went outside to check inside and out on other Tow Pkg Jeeps on the lot as "proof". Egg on their face when I pulled it out of the arm rest console when getting ready to leave.

I have a neighbour with a '20 JLU Sport Altitude across the street, so we can be each other's hard-top helpers.

Thanks nerubi and all the rest of you. Hope you all get your Jeeps real soon!

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking hitch cover

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking two jeeps

Sponsored

ShariJeep

First Name
Shari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys, 2012 JKU previously
It is home! The GM and his whole crew were trying to tell me it doesn't come with the "Jeep" rubber hitch cover. He even went outside to check inside and out on other Tow Pkg Jeeps on the lot as "proof". Egg on their face when I pulled it out of the arm rest console when getting ready to leave.

I have a neighbour with a '20 JLU Sport Altitude across the street, so we can be each other's hard-top helpers.

Thanks nerubi and all the rest of you. Hope you all get your Jeeps real soon!

:handsinair: :party: Woohoo!!! So happy to see the wait is over for you!! It’s beautiful! Now enjoy it for all of us still waiting!:jk:

CapeRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Altitude (On it's way)
Last talked to my salesperson June 22nd and he looked into my 2020 Sport Altitude build and said mine was scheduled for the line for July 22nd. I'll check with him this week to see if anything has changed scheduling wise.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Did he say why Canadian orders show up in the FCA sticker database right away without a build sheet? For Australian orders they get a build sheet but no sticker, not in the FCA NA database anyway. They might be shipped knocked down then assembled there where the sticker is then entered in th AU database.

CapeRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't ask at the time. I added my VIN to Crypto when he gave it to me that day and there was a sticker that popped up the next day. I'm assuming I'll get an email when the build starts??

Dodsy763

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Great question. It would seem like if they are pumping them out, the orders from Jan, Feb, March and April would be out and taken priority. I'd really love to find out how they sequence these. It's incredible to see some fly through without a stutter, and the rest of us wait, only to not be updated at all with barely a shrug
I agree with you as I ordered mine January 24, 2020 and seemed to have gotten nowhere. Was told it would be here August 20th without it even being built yet.
Thanks to this forum and everyone’s input, especially Nerubi, helped me out today!
I have gotten more answers from a contact than I did since January and they will work on putting mine ahead of “production” vehicles since mine is sold and get it here quicker.
Thanks again Nerubi!!

Sponsored

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
@Mike 1
I am looking forward to seeing some High Altitudes and I don't see any on YouTube yet. There are a bunch of dealers who put individual jeeps they're selling up on Youtube, useful if you want to see colors or this or that, and I don't see any High Altitudes aside from AutoShow.

Mike_1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
@Mike 1
I am looking forward to seeing some High Altitudes and I don't see any on YouTube yet. There are a bunch of dealers who put individual jeeps they're selling up on Youtube, useful if you want to see colors or this or that, and I don't see any High Altitudes aside from AutoShow.
Yeah same here. I’ve been looking online to see if there are any customer videos but nothing yet. Only the auto show.

CapeRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree with you as I ordered mine January 24, 2020 and seemed to have gotten nowhere. Was told it would be here August 20th without it even being built yet.
Thanks to this forum and everyone’s input, especially Nerubi, helped me out today!
I have gotten more answers from a contact than I did since January and they will work on putting mine ahead of “production” vehicles since mine is sold and get it here quicker.
Thanks again Nerubi!!
Crappy Jeep Chat won't give info to Canadians about their orders. Would be so convenient to chat online and get a quick update here and there.

Reactions: DSA

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Do they have a Canadian version? When I look at the fcacommunity website and click on Canada it is blank, is it blank if you are in Canada?

Dodsy763

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Do they have a Canadian version? When I look at the fcacommunity website and click on Canada it is blank, is it blank if you are in Canada?
That I do not know of tbh.
I just go off what my salesman and manager tell me but don’t think they try to get it expedited here quicker. They’re just tell me “this is all I know...” and “Covid really F’d things up” (I agree) BUT I think they can do a little more. This thread has done more for me in the last 2 days!!

Advertisement

Advertisement