JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

Thunderburns350

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willy's
Had an original delivery window of 6/18 to 7/2. Has been on a lot in Birmingham for a week waiting for a truck(3 hours away). Now window is 7/6 to 7/20... ordered March 16th...
My window was initially 6/19-7/3. Now it is 7/1-7/15....I live just North of Indianapolis so it's less than a 4 hour drive and nobody can tell me where it is nor why it didn't get delivered in the 1st window....any ideas?

Advertisement

VictorySwing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
I'm waiting for my High Altitude to be built so out of curiosity I went to my dealership's website and they had 2 Wranglers listed... a Sahara and Sport. Upon inspection of the Sahara listing I noticed that it was my VIN. But the listing was a place holder with generic picture and build. I called them to inquire why this vehicle with my VIN was listed and that I was afraid that it would be sold to someone else just like the situation with another forum member on here. My salesperson was on vacation and SM doesn't work there anymore so spoke with the new SM. He said the listing was from a third party... not the dealership nor FCA and after confirming that it was my VIN that we would take it off. He also said he would call FCA on my build. I've had no help whatsoever from this dealership since I ordered so I hope this new guy can change my opinion of this place. Anyway, for those still waiting check your dealers inventory to make sure yours is not listed for sale.

lil_waynes_colon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys / 88' BMW 528e LS Swap / MK7 GTI
Occupation
Chair Force
I'm waiting for my High Altitude to be built so out of curiosity I went to my dealership's website and they had 2 Wranglers listed... a Sahara and Sport. Upon inspection of the Sahara listing I noticed that it was my VIN. But the listing was a place holder with generic picture and build. I called them to inquire why this vehicle with my VIN was listed and that I was afraid that it would be sold to someone else just like the situation with another forum member on here. My salesperson was on vacation and SM doesn't work there anymore so spoke with the new SM. He said the listing was from a third party... not the dealership nor FCA and after confirming that it was my VIN that we would take it off. He also said he would call FCA on my build. I've had no help whatsoever from this dealership since I ordered so I hope this new guy can change my opinion of this place. Anyway, for those still waiting check your dealers inventory to make sure yours is not listed for sale.
The more bullshit I hear about this company the worse I feel about my order. I placed my order January 13th 2020. Still no Jeep. No answer to emails from my dealership. I think I’ve had just about enough at this point.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My window was initially 6/19-7/3. Now it is 7/1-7/15....I live just North of Indianapolis so it's less than a 4 hour drive and nobody can tell me where it is nor why it didn't get delivered in the 1st window....any ideas?
A number of orders were held in parking/storage because of a shortage of trucks. That's also true across the country. Many vehicles, not just Jeeps, are sitting in rail drop yards for days, weeks waiting for trucks to deliver them to the dealers. You are close enough to be trucked from the factory but same problem, not enough drivers. Your dealer should be able to tell you if/when it was loaded on a truck.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
This is a common practice and other dealers have said it is an FCA run site. As you said they can be sold even when already sold to you. Ask your dealer what safety procedures they have in place for sold orders when they come in - fobs held by SM, big red sold sign in windshield as it is prepped and waiting, briefings to sales staff of sold orders to not show or drive.
I asked SM at Criswell twice what their procedures are/will be after their monumental mistake but no response. Don't know why anyone buys from them.

Sponsored

Mike_1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
Damn that’s crazy. I mean, the wait is one thing but to put your VIN on the website? That would really frustrate the heck out of me. :mad:

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
This is a common practice and other dealers have said it is an FCA run site. As you said they can be sold even when already sold to you. Ask your dealer what safety procedures they have in place for sold orders when they come in - fobs held by SM, big red sold sign in windshield as it is prepped and waiting, briefings to sales staff of sold orders to not show or drive.
I asked SM at Criswell twice what their procedures are/will be after their monumental mistake but no response. Don't know why anyone buys from them.
Gotta admit I'm anxious about this myself after what happened. Especially with lots really sparse of stock, and the chance of someone impatient just wanting a Wrangler now waving money in their faces. The SM I've worked with seems like a straight shooter and an actual Jeep person, so I doubt I have legit concern, but all it takes is a different rogue salesman who is short on numbers to do something stupid.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The more bullshit I hear about this company the worse I feel about my order. I placed my order January 13th 2020. Still no Jeep. No answer to emails from my dealership. I think I’ve had just about enough at this point.
This isn't just a Jeep issue it is an industry issue. But be proactive, keep calling the dealership until you get answers. Complain to the military about the poor service. Once it ships it is out of the car manufacturer's control, they don't run the railroads or trucking companies.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Gotta admit I'm anxious about this myself after what happened. Especially with lots really sparse of stock, and the chance of someone impatient just wanting a Wrangler now waving money in their faces. The SM I've worked with seems like a straight shooter and an actual Jeep person, so I doubt I have legit concern, but all it takes is a different rogue salesman who is short on numbers to do something stupid.
But a sales manager has to approve every sale so the buck stops with the SM. I had a great one that gave me daily updates of where in transit mine was. He knew my name, took responsibility. Put it on them, call the SM every day asking for a status, if he knows who you are he will know your vehicle and he will watch it and not sell it.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Damn that’s crazy. I mean, the wait is one thing but to put your VIN on the website? That would really frustrate the heck out of me. :mad:
It's the HA for some reason. I haven't seen any come through. Next one I guess order a basic Sport and it will go right through.

Sponsored

VictorySwing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Right. I made an appointment with the dealership for service on my Ram tomorrow and told the SM I will be there to see him in person. I'll be sure to ask him.

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
But a sales manager has to approve every sale so the buck stops with the SM. I had a great one that gave me daily updates of where in transit mine was. He knew my name, took responsibility. Put it on them, call the SM every day asking for a status, if he knows who you are he will know your vehicle and he will watch it and not sell it.
Ok that makes me feel much better! Wasn't sure how that total process worked, my Jeep is pretty distinct with my particular set of features (or primarily, the lack-there-of) hah!

Mike_1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
It's the HA for some reason. I haven't seen any come through. Next one I guess order a basic Sport and it will go right through.
What’s even crazier is that Jeep keeps telling me that all of the production materials are ready to go. So there are no backorders for wheels or other parts. FCA states that it’s in line... but My Goodness how long is this line?

Everything is there and it’s literally not being built. All I get is delay after delay and more BS from Jeep chat and FCA.

And to top it off, after all of this waiting and frustration, I have to be wary that the damn thing might get sold out from underneath me. Just crazy.

Advertisement

Advertisement