Sponsored

JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
To those of you that follow the process closely, how long did your rig stay in inspection land?
Hard to tell on mine since the friday before it was built it wasn't even scheduled to be built, and then that monday it was ready to ship.. It seems like the more options and trim stuff you have the longer it takes, but that could be totally random chance, like most stuff in this process.

Advertisement

john_k

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '12 GTI DSG, '13 MX-5 GT 6MT, '16.5 CX-5
To those of you that follow the process closely, how long did your rig stay in inspection land?
Not long enough apparently. Shortly after being dropped at my dealer off the transport, I noticed that the optional four small hanging Mopar grab handles/straps had not been affixed at the factory to the upper door frames. The dealer said they are probably in a box/bag inside and they will install during PDI. He later said by e-mail that they were missed and that they would order me in a set of four.

I also noticed last night that the rubber "Jeep" hitch insert/cover was not on the Jeep as it stood all washed up in the PDI wash bay. So I am prepared to mention that too when I pick it up later today, if they don't have it on or in the vehicle.

flatfoot81

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD 2020
Allegedly mine has been in inspection for about a week and a half. Been checking daily with Jeep and nothing has changed. Knowing all the shipping delays, this is getting to suuuuuccckk @JeepCares would be nice to see it soon, this month, since i ordered 4/10

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Allegedly mine has been in inspection for about a week and a half. Been checking daily with Jeep and nothing has changed. Knowing all the shipping delays, this is getting to suuuuuccckk @JeepCares would be nice to see it soon, this month, since i ordered 4/10
JeepChat says inspection? Does your dealer have the same status? Nothing on your build sheet would indicate a long stay at the body vendor. With the plant shut down 3 days nothing moved then and so far this week there hasn't been any builds or stickers entered into the FCA database so it might actually be out the door just not updated in the system yet.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered in January 2020. Got my VIN last month and still have no update on when it will be delivered.

Gettin’ real frustrated.
Are you on Crypto? You should of been given your VIN within 5 days of your order, what took so long?

flatfoot81

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD 2020
JeepChat says inspection? Does your dealer have the same status? Nothing on your build sheet would indicate a long stay at the body vendor. With the plant shut down 3 days nothing moved then and so far this week there hasn't been any builds or stickers entered into the FCA database so it might actually be out the door just not updated in the system yet.
I thought the same thing so I checked with my dealer this last Thursday and he said it is in inspection as well...

Sponsored

lil_waynes_colon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys / 88' BMW 528e LS Swap / MK7 GTI
Occupation
Chair Force
Are you on Crypto? You should of been given your VIN within 5 days of your order, what took so long?
I am not on Crypto. Not really sure what the holdup is. I just went on JeepChat and spoke to a representative who said. “It should be delivered between the 17th and 21st of this month”, when I asked him for an alphanumeric update he said his system could not provide that.

Im honestly about to cancel my order and just hold out for the 21’s at this point. Sheesh.

webertiger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Occupation
Physics and Astronomy Teacher
Had an original delivery window of 6/18 to 7/2. Has been on a lot in Birmingham for a week waiting for a truck(3 hours away). Now window is 7/6 to 7/20... ordered March 16th...
Same details minus Birmingham and switch Mar 16 with Feb 7.

Got the bi-weekly email from good ole Jeff at Customer Care (well, Amiee- Jeff's on vacation) this morning. It's the same email except the deliver date window changes, in the negative direction, every time.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I thought the same thing so I checked with my dealer this last Thursday and he said it is in inspection as well...
Lately, I've seen some have a status of three days in Paint and same for Framing. Since each unit has a VIN bar code on it as it goes through the assembly line and is scanned at each work station it seems the computer system is not being updated real time, maybe on purpose. Don't know why that would be but can't think of any other reason.

flatfoot81

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD 2020
Lately, I've seen some have a status of three days in Paint and same for Framing. Since each unit has a VIN bar code on it as it goes through the assembly line and is scanned at each work station it seems the computer system is not being updated real time, maybe on purpose. Don't know why that would be but can't think of any other reason.
I really hope thats the issue and it magically appears. Dealer said its in "I" I'm just losing a whole lotta hope. of seeing this thing anytime soon. Totally expect a, "Hey we found something bad during inspection, so we shit canned this rig. Please stand by for another four months, oh btw, we discontinued your color...."

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I am not on Crypto. Not really sure what the holdup is. I just went on JeepChat and spoke to a representative who said. “It should be delivered between the 17th and 21st of this month”, when I asked him for an alphanumeric update he said his system could not provide that.

Im honestly about to cancel my order and just hold out for the 21’s at this point. Sheesh.
So that would indicate it is built and in transit. If so your dealer should be able to tell you where at in its journey it is. Call them and ask what their transit logistucs system shows the last scan was.

Advertisement

Advertisement