JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

ShariJeep

First Name
Shari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys, 2012 JKU previously
I've already ordered Roam Offroad step sliders (I'm risking the rust issues with them as I can't find a comparable product), ....
I was trying to decide between the Roam and the LOD Destroyer sliders. I ended up choosing the LOD. I hope I love them on there!

Advertisement

Pipewench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU & 1947 Willys CJ2A, now eagerly awaiting my 2020 JL
Occupation
Plumber
I was trying to decide between the Roam and the LOD Destroyer sliders. I ended up choosing the LOD. I hope I love them on there!
The LOD were a contender for me, but the Roam won out with the larger step area. I figure I'd rather fight rust than have my mother have a smaller step for getting in, though she'll likely ride in it probably half a dozen times or so. But still.

Mike_1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
Can anyone tell me what kinds of extras the dealer is going to try to sell me when I take delivery? Besides warranty, I’m not sure what else they’d be offering.

Patientlywaiting

First Name
Saint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Patriot
Can anyone tell me what kinds of extras the dealer is going to try to sell me when I take delivery? Besides warranty, I’m not sure what else they’d be offering.
If they offer gap insurance, buy it!

Sponsored

Pipewench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Plumber
If they offer gap insurance, buy it!
Gap insurance is not for everyone, and even if it is right for you, consider shopping around - it might be had cheaper from your insurance provider than at the dealership.

If, for example, you pay a very substantial down payment and finance only a smallish portion of the cost, gap insurance is probably useless. And if you buy the vehicle outright, gap insurance is of no use at all.

For folks who finance a very large portion of the purchase and who could wind up upside-down on their loan in the event the vehicle gets totalled, gap insurance can be a very reasonable investment, or at least offer a worthy peace of mind.

Just do your research on it before agreeing to it at the dealership and make sure it's right for you, and that the cost is fair.

Pipewench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Plumber
Probably service packages for one. I do not buy these, as I've only had bad experiences at dealership service departments and I have a mechanic whom I trust implicitly with my Jeeps. I won't go to anyone else for service, unless he explicitly tells me to.

I think I've been offered other stuff as well, but can't recall much of it.

Pipewench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Plumber
Maybe that’s why mine is taking FOREVER to be delivered. I have a dining room filled with mods. I must have jinxed myself.
I'm dying with the waiting; maybe you'd care to tell about your mods to help take the edge off?

Machpisto

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Eclipse, 2020 Rubicon
Ordered: 03/14/20
Build started: 06/13/20
Shipped: 06/17/20
Arrived at local railyard: 06/28/20
Ready for pickup at dealer: 07/03/20

I was smiling when I was signing the loan papers, I was smiling the whole 2 hour ride home. Hell... I'm still smiling! :):):)

To all those who are still waiting: I was one of the ones who thought this day would never come, but I'm here to tell you that it will! Just take it day by day... hour by hour, or minute by minute. Alcohol helps.

The clutch took a few minutes to get used to... it's the softest clutch I've ever driven and I've driven a lot of cars over the years. Overall I love it so far. Shifts nicely. Haven't stalled it yet :fingerscrossed:

20200704_101354.jpg

20200704_101414.jpg

20200704_101450.jpg
Congrats and happy the wait is over for you! Don't forget to wave!

Sponsored

JustAnotherChicken

First Name
Tundra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I'm dying with the waiting; maybe you'd care to tell about your mods to help take the edge off?
I know you were asking ShariJeep, but for amusement purposes, here is what I've ordered (this is my 'immediate term list', not my final configuration). Keep in mind, I have had a JKU Sport that I wheeled heavily, and an M38A1 that I'm restoring, so I have experience with the wheeling around me and I'm not trying for this to be an 'everything' Jeep. I'll be wheeling the JLR that I ordered (Sarge Green with Black Hardtop, Steel bumpers, Tow kit w/HD electric) at Rausch Creek and locally in New England and it is my daily driver. I wanted to get the JKU to the Rubicon Trail and Moab, but I never made it happen. I'm going to make those trips happen with the JLR.

• Rockhard 4x4 Underbelly skid system RH-90508 (Had RH on the JKU and they worked well)
  • Bestop Trektop NX in Twill
  • Bestop Fabric doors in Twill
  • Rokblokz mud flaps
  • Rockhard 4x4 Winch plate for OEM steel bumper RH-90206
  • (existing, pulled from from my JKU) Warn Zeon 8s
  • Warn power isolator (will go to dash Aux switch to control power to Zeon)
  • Warn front recovery points (I wish there was a way to add closed recovery without cutting the steel bumper, but so be it)
  • Lange Coyote mirrors (I had Lange mirrors for the JKU that I hated as they whistled - I really hope that Lange addressed that for these. I replaced them with home made hinge-mount setup, but since I'm going with the fabric doors this time around, I want something that will work with fabric doors or doorless - and with a 2dr I don't have a lot of room to stow soft doors with mirrors bolted to them)
  • ARB front and rear diff covers (I had these on the JKU - I really like the dipstick feature on these)
  • ARB CKMA12 air compressor (this will also get a dash Aux switch)
  • UpDownAir air distribution system
  • Midland Micromobile MTX275
What's not on that list is a HD Finger brake DIY kit from Swag Offroad along with a number of add on dies for that. I plan to make all the small skids myself - there are a number of spots on the undercarriage of the JKU that I did damage to that need protection from the rocks - and a lot of these you are paying a lot for just a bit of sacrificial steel bent up, welded and drilled. Places like the frame side of the lower control arms - I've never seen skids or reinforcement for that but it was one of the first places that got damaged. Mind you, it did continue to function even though it was bashed and mangled, but it's welded to the frame, so it's not like it's a simple swap out in the event that it impinges on the range of motion on the lower control arm.

I also haven't figured out how I'm going to mount the HAM, CB and GMRS radios - thinking about putting on an overhead bar but so far I haven't seen one for JL.

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
They did try to sell my extended warranty only. But it wasn’t mopar. It was some other carrier - performance one or something. I told him I found an 8 year/100k mopar warranty for $1700 and he would only go down to 19 on a mopar one so I declined. The same coverage thru the aftermarket one was offered at 15 something.

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Couple new owner comments:
the chrome trim on the steering wheel is extremely annoying. Need to fix that somehow.
6th gear around 16-1800 pulls really easy up interstate inclines (Rubi gears and tires).
There is tons of power in the 2-door Rubi- super fun!
I had a few very tiny paint chips in my matchy-matchy hardtop. Passenger side front corner at the bottom edge. Check yours meticulously on delivery!
Got underneath yesterday and it’s so clean! (Of course). All my welds look good that I could.
the alpine/8.4 is totally worth it.
the dynomax muffler delete is really sweet and helps out with the manual shifting feel. It was really really drony on mountain roads yesterday holding 2200-2500 rpms uphill constantly. I feel like it only bothered me because I had someone else in the Jeep with me and my music wasn’t loud. Around town and on the interstate it’s totally fine - but I drive like an old man on the interstate. I haven’t notched the pipe yet but I will when I borrow something that can cut it.
That’s all for now. :)

Advertisement

Advertisement