Advertisement

john_k

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '12 GTI DSG, '13 MX-5 GT 6MT, '16.5 CX-5
Where do you see which of these stages your Jeep is at?
I just received an e-mail from my dealership with a screenshot enclosed stating code KZR for it. Not sure what this one means.
He also wrote “Jeep already invoiced, and I email to FCA to help have the vehicle ship ASAP.”
With Canada Day tomorrow and 4th of July upcoming, I hope this leads to extra celebrations soon!

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I just received an e-mail from my dealership with a screenshot enclosed stating code KZR for it. Not sure what this one means.
He also wrote “Jeep already invoiced, and I email to FCA to help have the vehicle ship ASAP.”
With Canada Day tomorrow and 4th of July upcoming, I hope this leads to extra celebrations soon!
There is no KZR on my list of build statuses but I would guess it is the initial rail car load. For some reason shipments to Canada seem to take a long time, even many in the US lately have been slow.

john_k

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '12 GTI DSG, '13 MX-5 GT 6MT, '16.5 CX-5

marthaspeaksjeep

First Name
Martha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Sport S, Toyota Highlander, Mazda Miata, Honda HRV
I received notification from my salesperson this morning that my Jeep has been loaded onto the rail car as of 5:07 pm yesterday and is southbound to Winston Salem! It'll probably arrive while I am out of town on vacation...lol! But yay...the end is nigh! :clap:

Funny side note: I just received a text notification that said my order has been picked up. Got a little excited until I saw it was my DoorDash order! :giggle:

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Crypto status:
Following is a list of remaining 2020 orders I have left on my list. If your order isn't shown let me know your nickname.

no build sheet or sticker found:
45547970 BearRubi2 BRSbuild Bsoup danrubi
fourth
Hoboci JLC jo3 Mah MissYella
Myrubicon1 OBCOJLUR
rdemerj
RickRussler
SierraGP

sticker found:
Arms Shiftgear

Red indicates a Jan or Feb order and may not be valid order anymore.

Last edited:

LawrenceR

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
In regards to orders and actual delivery times - ...and dealer's who don't seem to care.

I ordered February 17th just before the Manual Transmission problem hit the fan - dealer took my deposit, told me several times "there is not a problem" only to find out there was a problem and then the virus hit.

May 18th, factory started up again.

June 10th, I receive an email from Corp. Chrysler "...your order is moving down the line".

June 11th, "...order has been built, released to the carrier for transport".

....later on June 11th, "... Your vehicle shipped out today via railcar, the current ETA to the dealer is 6/23/20.......... "

Keep in mind, my dealer who took my deposit, did not give me any of the above information.

On June 24th, I went to my dealer to see if my Jeep had arrived, my dealer didn't know my Jeep had been delivered to the yard and was waiting for trucking to the lot. I told my dealer "...I've waited five months, it would be nice if you would have called me..."

Last night on a whim, I went to my dealer at around 11:00 pm, I found my Jeep sitting on his lot - no notice or phone call that it had arrived.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
In regards to orders and actual delivery times - ...and dealer's who don't seem to care.

I ordered February 17th just before the Manual Transmission problem hit the fan - dealer took my deposit, told me several times "there is not a problem" only to find out there was a problem and then the virus hit.

June 10th, I receive an email from Corp. Chrysler "...your order is moving down the line".

....later on June 11th, "... Your vehicle shipped out today via railcar, the current ETA to the dealer is 6/23/20.......... "

Keep in mind, my dealer who took my deposit, did not give me any of the above information.

On June 24th, I went to my dealer to see if my Jeep had arrived, my dealer didn't know my Jeep had been delivered to the yard and was waiting for trucking to the lot. I told my dealer "...I've waited five months, it would be nice if you would have called me..."

Last night on a whim, I went to my dealer at around 11:00 pm, I found my Jeep sitting on his lot - no notice or phone call that it had arrived.
Often FCA sends out surveys after you get your order asking how the dealer did, if they do your chance to give feedback. Unless dealer violates terms of their contract with FCA there is little FCA can do. Here is part of an article by the Washington Examiner:
Along with exclusive territories and market entry barriers, many states have laws constraining dealership termination. Under many of these statutes, even gross inefficiency and poor financial condition are not legitimate grounds for termination. Even when good cause can be found, laws give dealers time to remedy shortfalls, making termination a costly and drawn-out process. Moreover, termination usually requires manufacturers to buy back unsold cars, parts, accessories, and equipment, which adds to manufacturers’ costs and translates into higher prices for car buyers. Laws also permit dealers to impose excessive markups on warranty repairs and parts, which carmakers pay and must recoup by charging consumers higher vehicle prices.

These regulatory mandates ignore the interdependence inherent in private contractual arrangements between manufacturers and dealerships. Manufacturers have no natural incentive to squeeze dealerships, because that would cause dealers to exit the market, reducing car sales and manufacturers’ profits.

HerJeep

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler 2-door Hellayella Willys (on order)

So that last sentence made me wonder something...Does the dealership let other people test drive a custom order Jeep if it’s waiting to be picked up by the purchaser?? I think I would feel slightly violated if I weren’t the first person to drive it off the lot. LOL!

Sponsored

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
So that last sentence made me wonder something...Does the dealership let other people test drive a custom order Jeep if it’s waiting to be picked up by the purchaser?? I think I would feel slightly violated if I weren’t the first person to drive it off the lot. LOL!
They shouldnt, but call your Sales person and tell them, no one to drive your Jeep once it comes in.
A tech will do the dealer prep and someone will go to local gas station and fill it. But no customer should be test driving it. Now if you buy off the lot and the Jeep was test driven, well you know that.

I am friends with local dealer and couple techs, owners son( sales guy gets my hard earned money) etc. They call when it is on the carrier from local depot. 3 of them came in and dropped at dealer at night so saw them next day, the other my Rubicon happened to pull in as they were dropping off.
I pick them up on the weekend.

I tell them not to prep the paint, just wash it and I give their detail guy a batch of fresh micro fiber towels and instructions to just do quick wash with the new microfibers and fill it with gas, dont want dealer isntalled swirl marks in my paint.

on my SRT made sure they did not drill the front bumper for the plate, ruins the car, I use a show and go bracket on it.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Tell your dealer not to allow it to make sure. Also get there as soon as you can to inspect it and close the deal so it doesn't get sold out from underneath you like one of the forum members earlier this month.

bio86250

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys, 2022 JL Willys Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Crypto update:

LiangTse sticker/complete ordered 05/18
Sher sticker/complete no order date
Just received the call and pics from my salesman, can't wait to pick up my Willys~Thank you @nerubi

IMG_8897.JPG

IMG_8898.JPG

IMG_8899.JPG

IMG_8900.JPG

IMG_8901.JPG

JustAnotherChicken

First Name
Tundra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Rubicon