JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
For those anguishing over your order date versus your build date here is the latest count of 2020 orders without a build or sticker yet but with a valid order date and model year date waiting in line:
Jan 7
Feb 11
Mar 9
Apr 6
May 30
Jun 4
I'd be curious to know how many non-forum member/crypto orders are out there. We've gotta be getting close to the end of 2020's.

Advertisement

wtodd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HellaYella JLR 6spd w/ BnL re-gear, MC 3.5"
I think my dealer will accidentally stumble on mine in their own lot! I think the Manhattan Project was veiled in less secrecy than the status of my Jeep.
I'm half-convinced my salesman has been fired. I haven't heard a single word from him since I got the order number (the day after it was submitted).

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
I know the feeling and most of us have been through it. Your day will come and when it does, it feels GOOOOD. :rock:
Dealer called, mine got to Chicago this AM and is waiting a truck ride to the dealership.
Which dealer did you order through?

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
I'd be curious to know how many non-forum member/crypto orders are out there. We've gotta be getting close to the end of 2020's.
I think a lot. Crypto tracked 6800 orders from MY18-MY20, while Jeep has sold 700k+. If you figure even just 20% of those are custom orders, that’s under 4% of orders finding the forum and the crypto tracker.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm half-convinced my salesman has been fired. I haven't heard a single word from him since I got the order number (the day after it was submitted).
That happened with me but sales manager took over updating me.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Last I heard is they are running at about 70% of their 700 unit capacity. Not sure if that is day or shift though.
it is for a two shift day with vo!untary Saturday.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I think a lot. Crypto tracked 6800 orders from MY18-MY20, while Jeep has sold 700k+. If you figure even just 20% of those are custom orders, that’s under 4% of orders finding the forum and the crypto tracker.
I still was working on my slide rule to calculate that. With my abacus as a backup.

wtodd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HellaYella JLR 6spd w/ BnL re-gear, MC 3.5"
nerubi said:
For orders with a valid 2020 order date and valid VIN there are -
8 with build sheet found
7 with sticker found
105 with neither found
For those anguishing over your order date versus your build date here is the latest count of 2020 orders without a build or sticker yet but with a valid order date and model year date waiting in line:
Jan 7
Feb 11
Mar 9
Apr 6
May 30
Jun 4
So, since Sunday it's gone from 105 to 67?

If so, while we can't expect it to be linear, that looks like about another two weeks to clear the current backlog.

Of course, applying logic to a system like this is an exercise in futility. :angry:

Jpat

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
i still dont even have a date as of this afternoon discussion with jeep chat. I was thinking they must be getting close as well. How many sold orders could there possibly be? unless they aren't prioritizing sold orders anymore due to dealer inventory shortage.

Sponsored

Zukifever

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR eco-diesel on order
The people getting emails. I am curious if it is from the address below. I don't know if this is new or old, this is in my dealer's email signature.

ATT00001.png
I haven’t received any emails fr
Jan 7
Feb 11
Mar 9
Apr 6
May 30
Jun 4
And I just barely made it off of this list last week! 3/12 order date.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
i still dont even have a date as of this afternoon discussion with jeep chat. I was thinking they must be getting close as well. How many sold orders could there possibly be? unless they aren't prioritizing sold orders anymore due to dealer inventory shortage.
Dealers can always get a priority build for themselves through channels but almost all left are sold orders. There are some that started out a sold order but the person ordering gave up waiting that are in the queue but I think they have to put a name to it to get it built.
Jeep and the dealers need to decide after 2020 sold orders are built if they will build some for inventory or start right away on 2021 orders. Those will be a mix because they want to get some out to the dealers.

Jpat

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Dealers can always get a priority build for themselves through channels but almost all left are sold orders. There are some that started out a sold order but the person ordering gave up waiting that are in the queue but I think they have to put a name to it to get it built.
Jeep and the dealers need to decide after 2020 sold orders are built if they will build some for inventory or start right away on 2021 orders. Those will be a mix because they want to get some out to the dealers.

If they closed the 2020 orders at the beginning of the month, and you assume they finish up the 2020s before building the 21s, how many could they possibly have in the backlog left to build? if they can do like 500 per day, you would think they can wrap up the builds pretty quickly.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You don't want your 2021 delivered too quickly, do you? My guess is similar to yours that 2020 wraps up end of July/first of August unless they build a bunch of 2020 for dealer inventory.

Advertisement

Advertisement