Laresa ordered 02/10

Advertisement

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
Right now, you’re in a VERY advantageous position where they’re pretty much at your disposal.
I agree with everything you said except this sentence. I have zero leverage. They can tell me to F off or wait three months for a 2021.

I don't like the fact i now have to wonder if something like this could happen to my order.
I doubt you have anything to worry about. Unless you ordered one of the discontinued colors or something somewhat rare that a walk-in customer can offer them a few thousand more dollars for.

Even a dealer that never did a factory order would not make a "mistake" here. A 1st day mechanic, who didn't know what a window sticker was, that walked by the showroom would see my name on the window sticker and ask what the name meant. The buyer saw my name. Every piece of paper in the jeeps file has my name on it. Also remember, non-factory orders are sold and left on lots for a few days thousands of times a day in thousands of dealerships. There are very simple controls they do, (often they put the sold keys in a different spot) so this doesn't happen to regular off-the-lot sales. And they have a computer system that they use to pull up the cost and origin of the vehicle that once again has my name on it.

There was a point where they made the decision to take the money and screw me over. A decision to turn a sale into a more profitable sale and then get a second sale when they subsequently sell me a different car off the lot. At first, I trusted them based on their reputation here, but it is clear what happened. P.S. I was forced to use Leon, I requested a different sales guy but because I had called Leon a few months earlier I was compelled to deal with Leon. Maybe that had something to do with this, who knows.

Anyway, I dont want to hijack this thread so I'll move on and let you know when new order is placed.

Computer system with the first car I called about, they track everything.
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking Photo Jun 18, 10 08 36 AM (2)

Window Sticker( not in back seat that they missed as I was told.) and there is an internal number or a sold sign on it, I dont know what that other sticker is.
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking VovUodtl

Last edited:

Jpat

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I doubt you have anything to worry about. Unless you ordered one of the discontinued colors or something somewhat rare that a walk-in customer can offer them a few thousand more
I did order a discontinued color, and a manual. I would say a bikini rubicon 6 speed is pretty rare.

Sponsored

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
My window sticker posted but it hasn't updated in Cryptostickers yet. I've only been checking it 10-15 times a day.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My window sticker posted but it hasn't updated in Cryptostickers yet. I've only been checking it 10-15 times a day.
What time did it show up on the FCA site?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure exactly when it showed up, but I noticed it around an hour ago
It maybe showed up after Crypto got past your name in the list on the last run. Probably show up on the current run.

Jpat

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
They are really churning out manuals now. What are the chances one gets built ahead of the schedule it is planned? Chat told me last week my build was scheduled 6/29.

Sponsored

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
Jeep chat just said I'm in shipping and dealer ETA is between 06/22 and 07/06. I'm in Orlando, so it looks like the train is coming straight here :like:

Roadglider09

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
During Covid shutdown an order came in with different leather seats than what was ordered. Speculation was that they had run out of the leather that was ordered. Maybe with end of the production run coming they ran out of the tan and won't get more in until after 2020 production ends.
Well that would truly suck. I ordered dark Saddle Leather with a tan soft top!

Advertisement

Advertisement