Sponsored

JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

Mike_1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
They sold my factory order. Waited for FCA to open from Covid, then a month for Jeep to be built, Jeep finally arrives, I get my financing, get my insurance and they sold it. No Jeep for me, hopefully I will get my deposit back. Leon just stopped returning texts. I guess they got an offer near sticker price.
I’m so sorry this happened to you. Just plain awful.

Advertisement

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
Please tell me that Criswell is giving you back your down payment after selling the Jeep out from under you.
Hope so, but I id be happier if the dealer you mentioned “Koons” works out. Will be great if there is an alternative to Criswell out there. I’m out whatever the increase is in price ($750) for the new MY, I’m out a vehicle for three months so I will be renting a car about 12 days,, I’m out a few hundred if I can’t return the hoist and other stuff I bought if I don’t end up with a Jeep. I’m out fedex fees with credit union to rush the financing. The time wasted on ordering and checking status is the killer. But they probably made $3,000 more than if they honored our deal.

I can’t get the vision of the guy who bought it laughing at my name on the window sticker out of my head. Maybe Criswell cut my name off the sticker and the buyer didn’t know. I should cut him some slack.

Gb007

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I see in Crypto that my window sticker is found. I was able to access it yesterday but today it says "window sticker unavailable" when I click the link. Does anyone know what's going on?

JeepJohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Hope so, but I id be happier if the dealer you mentioned “Koons” works out. Will be great if there is an alternative to Criswell out there. I’m out whatever the increase is in price ($750) for the new MY, I’m out a vehicle for three months so I will be renting a car about 12 days,, I’m out a few hundred if I can’t return the hoist and other stuff I bought if I don’t end up with a Jeep. I’m out fedex fees with credit union to rush the financing. The time wasted on ordering and checking status is the killer. But they probably made $3,000 more than if they honored our deal.

I can’t get the vision of the guy who bought it laughing at my name on the window sticker out of my head. Maybe Criswell cut my name off the sticker and the buyer didn’t know. I should cut him some slack.
First get your deposit back if you’re not going to stay with Criswell..

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
More upset about the wasted time than the stuff I have to return on Amazon.
This was your legit third attempt.
I’d be livid.
There aren’t enough words to describe feelings right now. This was Richard’s third attempt.
That's thousands of dollars they have to turn away to do the honorable thing. Factory orders are a terrible option. I think people are scared to say anything negative about Criswell on this forum.
If what you’re saying happened intentionally and exactly as you’re saying that it did then no amount of money in the short term is truly worth the sustained long term reputation damage they’ll get by people on this forum. I’m not afraid to call a spade a spade and if your account is indeed factual, there are steps that need to be taken by you towards them that’ll be in your favor.
Please tell me that Criswell is giving you back your down payment after selling the Jeep out from under you.
If it truly happened as he is reporting, the dealership should be doing everything in their will to remedy the fault and make things right. This is the third attempt by Richard to purchase a Wrangler where the deal has fallen thru between delivery and the finance office.

Sponsored

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
They sold my factory order. Waited for FCA to open from Covid, then a month for Jeep to be built, Jeep finally arrives, I get my financing, get my insurance and they sold it. No Jeep for me, hopefully I will get my deposit back. Leon just stopped returning texts. I guess they got an offer near sticker price.
@JeepCares this really needs to be made right, this is one of the worst things I've ever heard of a dealership doing :(

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
If it truly happened as he is reporting, the dealership should be doing everything in their will to remedy the fault and make things right. This is the third attempt by Richard to purchase a Wrangler where the deal has fallen thru between delivery and the finance office.
My first two issues were with other dealerships That was not Criswell,

They claim multiple errors happened and it was sold by mistake.
They can make it right with you guys. I’m hoping to move on to another dealership that was recommended. I don’t see how a receptionist could make that mistake solely because the name is on the window sticker. Who would buy a vehicle with someone else’s name on the sticker.

Jeepcares unfortunately can not sell vehicles. We have to buy from a dealership.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
They can make it right with you guys. I’m hoping to move on to another dealership that was recommended.
If Criswell truly made an error and sold the vehicle that was intended for you to another customer, I would not be anywhere near as dismissive but instead, hold them FULLY accountable and let them exhaust ALL of their options in providing me with a suitable replacement as well as compensating me for both my time and money.

Maybe you don’t like conflict or maybe you’re shy when it comes to confrontation. Just so you know, IT IS possible to be polite yet assertive without being an angry, violent confrontational dick. Right now, you’re in a VERY advantageous position where they’re pretty much at your disposal.

Walking away from this only encourages these types of “mishaps“ since no one is holding the party responsible or even accountable.

But... as a buyer, it’s certainly your prerogative to buy from and do business with whatever dealer you choose and feel comfortable with.

Kudos to you: please keep us posted.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I see in Crypto that my window sticker is found. I was able to access it yesterday but today it says "window sticker unavailable" when I click the link. Does anyone know what's going on?
Crypto shows a sticker still found but no build which is very unusual. If you want to give me your vin I can check.

Ashkit

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I didn’t mean you at all.
I will call them, hopefully they could do the whole thing via fedex and transport. Even if I have to pay more I think I’d rather lose $1,000 than deal with Criswell again.
I just bought from Koons (off the lot, not an order. I lost patience with my order at another dealership and gave up). I did everything via email and financing via FedEx. It’s on its way to my house now with a transporter, should be here today or tomorrow morning. I don’t have my jeep yet, but everything was great buying remotely with them so far.

JeepJohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
If Criswell truly made an error and sold the vehicle that was intended for you to another customer, I would not be anywhere near as dismissive but instead, hold them FULLY accountable and let them exhaust ALL of their options in providing me with a suitable replacement as well as compensating me for both my time and money.

Maybe you don’t like conflict or maybe you’re shy when it comes to confrontation. Just so you know, IT IS possible to be polite yet assertive without being an angry, violent confrontational dick. Right now, you’re in a VERY advantageous position where they’re pretty much at your disposal.

Walking away from this only encourages these types of “mishaps“ since no one is holding the party responsible or even accountable.

But... as a buyer, it’s certainly your prerogative to buy from and do business with whatever dealer you choose and feel comfortable with.

Kudos to you: please keep us posted.
Well said!

Jpat

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
This was your legit third attempt.
There aren’t enough words to describe feelings right now. This was Richard’s third attempt.
If what you’re saying happened intentionally and exactly as you’re saying that it did then no amount of money in the short term is truly worth the sustained long term reputation damage they’ll get by people on this forum. I’m not afraid to call a spade a spade and if your account is indeed factual, there are steps that need to be taken by you towards them that’ll be in your favor.
I would sure like to hear what @kglassic has to say. I have an order at Criswell and went with them because of reviews on this forum. I don't like the fact i now have to wonder if something like this could happen to my order.

I think a good amount of their business is from this forum, i would like to think maintaining a good reputation is worth more than selling 1 jeep for more $. Hopefully it was an honest mistake and we can hear what they are going to do to make it right.

vtpedonc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara
Last crypto entry for this run:

VTPEDONC sticker/complete ordered 02/08

That was a lot fast, my finger is worn out from punchig the keys. Going to go ice it and see how many pop up this next run.
Thank you Nerubi...one day people are going to write songs about you. Your name will be quietly and reverently spread around the jeep boards forever.

Now on to the actual negotiating and buying part...yippee

Advertisement

Advertisement