JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

rlnAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 4XE Sting Gray
It sounded like it was unloaded in the last 24 hours. I didn't get an update from my dealer last weekend so I'm not sure where it was then. I called him Tuesday and it was in New Mexico but not moving. ETA to the dealer at that time was 7/7.
Just advised by Jeep Chat that my Jeep was delivered to the dealer over the holiday weekend. So, my Jeep was likely on the same rail car as yours. My sales person is on vacation so I will need to call.

Advertisement

Mountaineep

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Toyota Tacoma, '21 Willys Sport (On Order)
Occupation
Mining Engineer
Finally my time on this thread has come to an end.

2 Door Willys Sport Manual

Ordered: 3/27
Build Sheet: 6/23
Window Sticker: 6/24
Delivered: 6/29 (Virginia)

Add me to the list for another positive experience with Craig at Koons. 7.5% under invoice, and no surprises at pick up.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking 28050948-D600-4E39-AE8C-35514D98CB18

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
Question:
If someone at Jeep Chat elevates and issues a case number. Does things actually move forward faster than if someone doesn't rock the boat(so to speak) and just let the system do what it does?
The situation leading to the escalation has most likely already occurred, and it doesn't seem to be a mechanism to "switch to one-day shipping". Escalating based on specific conditions is possibly useful, whereas escalating simply because of a date on a calendar likely does little beyond adding human overhead to something already automated.

Mine was already in a scheduling regress, which I did not know until the build sheet posted, and based on the turnaround times suggested by members here, had I escalated it would have been built before receiving the custom contact.

Cases that spring to mind from the last 6mo are getting stuck in strange states for more than a week. Being in Inspection forever, being in Paint forever, these are unexpected things where escalating seems to have created some motion. "Parts ready build will start soon" is the vast majority of the time seen by a new Jeep.

The 80th to 90th percentile builds (registered voluntarily by users) are taking 50 to 70 days. Supposing that the 937 open orders represents anything approaching reality, I ask if, as a company, you'd want to assign a single individual the task of custom communication with the slowest 20%? That's 187 customer orders just from cryptostickers registrations, and there are probably 5x beyond those registered here, or 80hr at 5min each. If those ordered Gorilla Glass... why not just mass email "We don't know when it will arrive mmmkthx"?

The slowest 10% (70dy+) probably should have escalated alerady (assuming it's not an entirely new model where there's a baked in 30--45dy delay). The slow 20% (50dy+) might want to if they've gotten stuck in Additional Installation for at least a week. More than a week in strange states (not D, not D1, not "ready to build", nor "installing additional equipment") probably deserve escalation as soon as they'll let you. Escalating under 40dy seems rude, and expecting to escalate under 30dy just seems out of touch with the reality of the process.

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
Which begs a question, those that have escalated and have build sheets, did you see anything on the build sheets that might have indicated you escalated?

The dreaded "D1-To-D Regress" happens without escalation. There are no build sheet properties for delay/priority/escalate/schedule/status/regress beyond that except:

ASEAN Countries Tracking
Allocation Tracking
Company Car Tracking
Distribution Services Tracking
FIAT EMEA Distribution Tracking
FIAT Warranty Tracking
Fast Feedback Tracking
International Price Tracking
Off Invoice Tracking
Order Conversion Tracking
Priority Tracking
Sales Distribution Tracking
Sales Tracking
T-ID Reassignment Tracking
VIP Tracking
VOIM TID Order Tracking
Vehicle Order Tracking

ps "Sales Tracking" is associated with an 18.43dy request-to-build delay, "Distribution Services Tracking" at 5.76dy, and "Sales Distribution Tracking" at 3.50dy. There is of course no way to ascertain cause versus effect.

Sponsored

dblankenbaker

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of old Jeeps. JLURD ordered 5/7.
Just advised by Jeep Chat that my Jeep was delivered to the dealer over the holiday weekend. So, my Jeep was likely on the same rail car as yours. My sales person is on vacation so I will need to call.
Just got off the phone w/my sales advisor... He said my Jeep WAS unloaded in El Mirage on Friday. They just had a truckload come in and the driver said it was a trailer that they had loaded on Friday. So my sales advisor's point was that if it was put on a trailer Friday, it might be in today. :sun:

Mkriston

First Name
Mike Kriston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep rubicon
Ordered mine June 7, order received on the 9th and had the vin assigned. Currently in D status. Production is shut down till the 12th. Hopefully within another month I’ll see it. I was one of the people that got gorilla glass and a manual transmission.

Processing

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Ordered mine June 7, order received on the 9th and had the vin assigned. Currently in D status. Production is shut down till the 12th. Hopefully within another month I’ll see it. I was one of the people that got gorilla glass and a manual transmission.
What makes you think production is shut down until the 12th? Is that just a rumor? Because I asked jeep chat about that rumor and they said it’s false

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
What makes you think production is shut down until the 12th? Is that just a rumor? Because I asked jeep chat about that rumor and they said it’s false
I’m pretty sure Belvedere where the Cherokee is built is closed the week of July 5, not Toledo.

Sponsored

Judy33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ
Which begs a question, those that have escalated and have build sheets, did you see anything on the build sheets that might have indicated you escalated?

The dreaded "D1-To-D Regress" happens without escalation. There are no build sheet properties for delay/priority/escalate/schedule/status/regress beyond that except:

ASEAN Countries Tracking
Allocation Tracking
Company Car Tracking
Distribution Services Tracking
FIAT EMEA Distribution Tracking
FIAT Warranty Tracking
Fast Feedback Tracking
International Price Tracking
Off Invoice Tracking
Order Conversion Tracking
Priority Tracking
Sales Distribution Tracking
Sales Tracking
T-ID Reassignment Tracking
VIP Tracking
VOIM TID Order Tracking
Vehicle Order Tracking

ps "Sales Tracking" is associated with an 18.43dy request-to-build delay, "Distribution Services Tracking" at 5.76dy, and "Sales Distribution Tracking" at 3.50dy. There is of course no way to ascertain cause versus effect.
My build sheet says Vehicle Order Tracking and later in the list says Sales Distribution Tracking

mabaker002

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe Rubicon
Ordered mine on 5/17/21, never heard a peep, until 7/3/21, with a message that its here, and seeing if I'm still interested, as a couple other people were looking. Hurried up to get loan pre-approval; CarMax quote to sell my 2014 Cherokee trailhawk. Picked up m Hrdro Blue 4xe Rubicon that day. Steal bumpers, color fenders, black hardtop, saftey/advanced safety, trailer/hd equipment,

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
Just curious to all who have gone through a custom build before….

Do dealerships play any games with you once the Jeep comes in? Try to raise the price, etc…? I ordered the Jeep basically through email (which is good since I have everything in writing), but am a little nervous as I had the dealership set aside an AEV lift kit they had in stock and I have personally ordered and sent my sales person new wheels/tires and a new adjustable track bar to set aside to install once the Jeep arrives.

I received the best price on the Jeep build from a dealership 150 miles away and I’mma gettin’ worried!

Advertisement

Advertisement