Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WranglerUnlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Glorified plumber
to clarify... build sheet wasn't available until it was already built, just waiting for accessories?
Correct. It wasn't available until after JeepChat said it was built and waiting accessories. I have not followed up with JeepChat today.

Advertisement

Judy33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ
Mine is in JS - Which I believe is in storage waiting to be shipped. I'm only like 150 miles away I sooo wish they just let you go pick it up if you are willing. Ordered 4/27 with no ETA. Did have a jeep club meeting at the dealership last night so talked to sales rep. He got with his manager and they put a HOT sticker in... they said that was accepted and it will be on the next truck that comes to them. IDK if this is really a thing or they are blowing me smoke....... I just want it already! I'm literally going to be driving past Toledo this Saturday! I am almost tempted to drive past the wrangler plant to see if I can see it..... LOL
I am on the same timeline. Ordered 4/27, sitting in storage at Jeep with no dealer ETA. But I don’t live close enough to stalk it. If I did, I would!

drichard989

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08KK, 21JLU
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Ive seen some news articles saying that Gorilla glass isnt available on sport, however I have a sport in D status right now with gorilla glass. If its made it to D does that mean its a "good" order? Or does it have the chance of being rejected

Purple Turtle

First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Purple TJ, 2021 HellaYella JLUR
I am on the same timeline. Ordered 4/27, sitting in storage at Jeep with no dealer ETA. But I don’t live close enough to stalk it. If I did, I would!
LOL Guess I never thought of it as stalking.... ROFLMAO
Headed to Cedar Point with Kiddos for the day so Toledo is on the way.....

Mroliver927

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2021 Sahara Unlimited 4xe
LOL Guess I never thought of it as stalking.... ROFLMAO
Headed to Cedar Point with Kiddos for the day so Toledo is on the way.....
Should I still feel bad or better that I ordered on 4/26 and it's the same status as you guys 'in storage awaiting transportation'? Misery love company. I will still get excited if you guys get your JEEP before me.

Sponsored

NickAmalf

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered Willys Wrangler
Hey everyone first time posting. I ordered a 2021 JLU Willys on 5/29, VIN 6/1 and have been stuck in just D status gathering parts with no ETA. From reading other posts that seems like a long time, I could be wrong though. I listed all of my options from my build sheet below. Thanks in advance for any advice

JLJL74 WRANGLER UNLIMITED SPORT
Package: 22W Customer Preferred Package 22W
EC1 2.0L I4 DOHC DI Turbo Engine w/ ESS
DFT 8-Spd Auto 850RE Trans (Make)
Paint/Seat/Trim: PGG Sarge Green Clear Coat
APA Monotone Paint
*A7 Cloth Low-Back Bucket Seats
-X9 Black
Options: NAS 50 State Emissions
CXG Continental TPM Sensor
AAN Technology Group
YGN 4 Additional Gallons of Gas
5N6 Easy Order
4EA Sold Vehicle
Discounts: 3V1 Willys Sport S Discount

Purple Turtle

First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Should I still feel bad or better that I ordered on 4/26 and it's the same status as you guys 'in storage awaiting transportation'? Misery love company. I will still get excited if you guys get your JEEP before me.
I feel bad that I get a little jealous when someone else gets there jeep, but I think that is natural. Its worse when they ordered after mine or really close, but I don't think you should feel bad for that. You can't change how you feel about something either as long as you don't dwell on it and also still feel happy for them as well.

Purple Turtle

First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey everyone first time posting. I ordered a 2021 JLU Willys on 5/29, VIN 6/1 and have been stuck in just D status gathering parts with no ETA. From reading other posts that seems like a long time, I could be wrong though. I listed all of my options from my build sheet below. Thanks in advance for any advice

JLJL74 WRANGLER UNLIMITED SPORT
Package: 22W Customer Preferred Package 22W
EC1 2.0L I4 DOHC DI Turbo Engine w/ ESS
DFT 8-Spd Auto 850RE Trans (Make)
Paint/Seat/Trim: PGG Sarge Green Clear Coat
APA Monotone Paint
*A7 Cloth Low-Back Bucket Seats
-X9 Black
Options: NAS 50 State Emissions
CXG Continental TPM Sensor
AAN Technology Group
YGN 4 Additional Gallons of Gas
5N6 Easy Order
4EA Sold Vehicle
Discounts: 3V1 Willys Sport S Discount
Honestly my advice is look maybe once a week at everything. I still don't have my jeep and I ordered 4/27. Some were since Jan and some get their jeep in a few weeks. I'm happy I found this page and also I have driven myself nuts over it too. Wondering why I'm stuck while everyone seems to be moving. Its super stressful, so advice is to make a schedule to check for updates and stick to it. Wish I could take my own advice.

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
If I'm reading this right only 51% of the orders listed get built before 80 Days? and most of the others get built between 80 and 100 Days? Reason I ask is I'm at day 79 since order, with no build sheet yet. Obviously I'm getting antsy. Thanks, it's been a while since I had a statistics class lol.
"p" means percentile, as discussed in the links below the update. You have the numbers reversed, and this list doesn't say that either. :giggle:

What it says that 80% of open orders (voluntarily entered and tracked on cryptostickers) have been open for 51 days. Therefore 20% of open orders have been open for more than 51 days. Note that all the caveats apply. Individuals manually enter their information into cryptostickers, there can be multiple entries, incorrect/typoed VINs, etc.

Regarding actual builds, you want to look to the first three sections of the update. The graph shows that right now 80% of build sheets being posted did so under 44 days from the (volunteered) request date.

If they start working on the backlogged orders, we would expect that the request-to-build time on the graph would go up (from 44dy up toward the 51dy), but they could also choose to work on new orders, special orders, or orders that have been open only 20dy, in which case the request-to-build time would drop. They may also have no control over those that have been open more than 51dy, due to chip shortages, Gorilla glass delays, etc.

(Maybe I'll increase the right hand column to include above 100dy, as indeed that separate link shows up to 180dy is feasible, and to avoid confusing "p##" with the days column. :angel:)

Then we'd have

Open Orders
Days since request, no build sheet nor sticker, request in the last 120 days
p20: 13
p40: 22
p60: 34
p80: 56
p90: 80
p95: 99
p100: 119

And indeed as mentioned, the average request-to-build times are still climbing:
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking percentiles-request-to-build

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
Reason I ask is I'm at day 79 since order, with no build sheet yet. Obviously I'm getting antsy. Thanks, it's been a while since I had a statistics class lol.
ps What did you order? If you're outside the US, expect to get it sometime this decade. Otherwise, you should be checking with your dealer and asking Jeep chat to escalate your case for priority tracking and updates (see others' conversations here for how they have done so). If you know that you're waiting on half doors and gorilla glass and 392 engine parts, well then is it actually 79dy past you got your VIN, or is it only "49dy since they actually started building these"? (EG, if people order a 2022 today, they're certainly not getting it in 30dy).

Unless you've ordered some gold-plated spark plugs or something, you should be antsy and in communication with them. :crying:

Sponsored

NickAmalf

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered Willys Wrangler
Honestly my advice is look maybe once a week at everything. I still don't have my jeep and I ordered 4/27. Some were since Jan and some get their jeep in a few weeks. I'm happy I found this page and also I have driven myself nuts over it too. Wondering why I'm stuck while everyone seems to be moving. Its super stressful, so advice is to make a schedule to check for updates and stick to it. Wish I could take my own advice.
I have made it to checking once every 3 days haha. it has been tough. I traded in my 2019 f-150 fx4 super crew 12k miles due to the great offer they made me, got the wife a 2021 cherokee and ordered my wrangler. So right now I am stuck driving her old Malibu waiting for the Wrangler. Grant it i am happy that i still have her old vehicle to drive and we still have 2 cars. I am just excited, and miss driving something bigger and newer lol.

rlnAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 4XE Sting Gray
Update. JLR 4XE ordered on 5/28. Advised by Jeep Chat today that Jeep has been shipped, ETA 6/28 to 7/14 (Phoenix). No Gorilla glass but most everything else.

NoVABr0ker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S 75D; Mercedes GLS450
Update on my Sahara 2.0T, auto trans, soft top.
ordered 5/18,
D1 through 6/12,
Jeep Chat said Trim stage yesterday 6/14,
dealer said stage changed to transit KZ today!
ETA of delivery to Virginia 6/27.

Hope I can get it by July 4th weekend. Already got my door storage racks and kikbax side mirrors and foot pegs to go naked!

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Anyone have a Gecko JL move from D status yet? Ordered 5/13 and heard nothing yet. Have a VIN

Advertisement

Advertisement