JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

nomographer

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
I was actually going to make this same observation. It would completely make sense from a business standpoint to prioritize high margin orders with the most equipment, or builds that are very close to "typical" dealer orders with the highest likelihood of parts being readily available.
I believe we've seen some anecdotal evidence that "high volume dealers" get some preference, but beyond thread stories I don't know if there's any way to confirm nor deny your speculation. For all we know, they could decide to spend three weeks doing nothing but fleet/rental builds but we wouldn't see any of those, for indeed why would a dealer bother using cryptostickers?

Rather I'd ask, within the builds people volunteer on cryptostickers, how would you identify a high margin order? Would the presence of the ten speaker system do it? The Mopar gear, brackets and such, which tend to be very marked up? Maybe shiny chartreuse paint? Arguably we'd see the impact of these things but no such trend has appeared relative to the build times for the same model without those features.

From a systems perspective, I expect such an approach would bottleneck, if only because high margin would be correlated with geographic destinations. Rather, I expect much is working backwards from the dealer, where building AB234 tomorrow is good enough because it will still get on the rail car, whereas BC432 needs to start today because there's more aftermarket gear to install, and DE776 won't start this week because the stock of velour seat covers is delayed a week, so why leave it sitting in the lot for a week when we can build other things instead?

Supply and shipping chains are more likely the drivers of priority here, presumably coupled with some sunset on initial delays.

Advertisement

nomographer

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
That was it! Thanks! My 4xe has been inspection for a little over a week, but based on that chart I probably have another week to go before it moves past inspection.

Thanks for the great insight!!
Have you read The Atomic Chef? One of the stories is the 1999 incident at Tokaimura, which reminds me of your user name. :angry:

FunWagon

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Ordered 4/13
At dealer 6/3 (was notified today)

It was relatively quick to build, but then got stuck on installation of additional equipment (a bunch of us in same boat guessed waiting for half doors) for a long time. Then shipping to NC seemed long too compared to others shipped same time to NJ much faster.

Too bad I can’t pick it up until two weekends from now. Exciting though.

treesmacker

First Name
Keith
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Sport S 2.0, 2013 Honda Accord V6
Rather I'd ask, within the builds people volunteer on cryptostickers, how would you identify a high margin order? Would the presence of the ten speaker system do it? The Mopar gear, brackets and such, which tend to be very marked up? Maybe shiny chartreuse paint? Arguably we'd see the impact of these things but no such trend has appeared relative to the build times for the same model without those features.
How about LED headlamps and foglamps for $1,045... that is something I wanted, but not at that price. Has anyone changed out these lamps for non-OEM replacements?

StormyMidwest

First Name
Kelly
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU High Altitude, Granite (ordered 5/11/21)
In the summary table cryptostickers showed my engine as unknown but when I looked up my specific vehicle it was properly displaying the engine type. It could be a timing thing with data…
How do you look up your specific vehicle?
Just got great news this morning. Spoke to Jeep Chat and was told I’m now in the Framing stage! I guess my dealer was right about the estimated ship date actually being the build date. My estimated ship date is 6/4, so it seems like my Jeep will be done building sometime tomorrow. Just glad to finally be out of D1
How long were you in D and D1? I feel like it’s so random.

Canyonero02

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green JLUR
Starting to see these builds aren't that ransom. They no doubt make certain runs based on drivetrain. I ordered 5/15. Nothing unusual. Semi-loaded, White 2.0 Rubi. No sticker or build. No biggie. Only been 3 weeks but looking at the new info the last three days I'm seeing a pattern. Lots of folks after me have their build sheets and some even their stickers. But looking right now this morning at the new ones with builds or stickers. There are several Rubi's but they all have the Penstar, not one 2.0 Rubi. But.... Several new 2.0's added but all are Sports or Sahara, zero 2.0 Rubi's. Been that way for three days. If you look at the list it looks like they made a run of Sports, then a run of Rubicons with 3.0 and V6. Makes since. They wouldn't have their line set up for Sports, run a couple sports thru, then do a 2.0 Rubi, then a Sahara Diesel, etc... Hopefully they do a run of 2.0 Rubi's this week :) At this point I wonder if my dealer would be cool with them taking delivery of mine and selling on their lot and let me wait until the 2022 orders open up. It looks like I'll be taking delivery on my 2021 after the 2022 orders start, not production but orders. Not expecting big changes in the 22's, just having a model year newer would be nice. I was expecting the 6-8 week build. Maybe they think Arkansas is in Canada ehh :)
Ordered a JLUR with 2.0 on 5/18. It arrived at the dealership in TN today, 6/3.

jhp8

First Name
Jimmy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Has anyone had a car go from I (Inspection) back to G (Trim). I was in inspection before and now I am in trim?

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
I am now an official member of the Jeep Wrangler club!

Here’s the build and order/delivery timeline.

2.0L I4 DOHC DI Turbo Engine w/ ESS
8-Spd Auto 850RE Trans
Hydro Blue Pearl Coat
Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats Black
Body Color Fender Flares
LT285/70R17C BSW M/T tires
MOPAR Hinge-Gate Reinforcement
MOPAR HD Rock Slider w/Step Assist
Sky One-Touch Power Top
MOPAR All-Weather Floor Mats
MOPAR Cargo Tub Liner
MOPAR Plastic Door Sill Guards
Trail Rail Management System
Jeep Trail Rated Kit
Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
8.4" Radio and Premium Audio Group
Cold Weather Group
Trailer Tow and HD Electrical Group
LED Lighting Group
Advanced Safety Group
Safety Group
Steel Bumper Group
4:1 Rock-Trac HD Full Time 4WD Sys
Integrated Off-Road Camera

VON 04/30
VIN 05/04
Scheduled ship date (build complete)05/15
Build status E - framing on 05/12
Build status F - paint on 05/12-13
Build status G - trim on 05/13
Build status JB - on 05/14
Build status KZ - on 05/15
Window Sticker on 05/17
Dealer ETA window is 05/26/2021 - 06/09/2021
Delivered 06/03/2021

Ordered from:
Rob Trachtman
Tuttle Click Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
40 Auto Center Dr
Irvine Ca 92618
C 954-864-5162
[email protected]

Most painless vehicle deal I have ever done. Well, if you ignore the amount of money these cost… I can’t recommend Rob any more highly.

Keep the faith, yours is on its way!

P.S. I’ve got four malls within easy driving range, my weekend is full! 😜

B9F03388-5263-414F-B89A-67DCFCA9FFA0.jpeg

8495F8FC-5358-45DA-AD4C-EE797BD4AEB8.jpeg

4D30FCB9-04C6-41DC-8D8F-9910FD238B93.jpeg

E0AD956F-10E9-4F25-A463-8BA3D2CA40A5.jpeg

Jenny-van

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Question - I just got a notification and link to my build sheet for my 4xe Rubicon- but when I go to the link it says no record found for this VIN. Has anyone else experienced this. Also, Jeep Chat says they can see the build sheet and that the vehicle is currently out for accessories. Which is weird because I don’t think I ordered anything that requires accessories - perhaps the steel bumper package?
Same issue for me. I assumed it my own operator error. The link from this build tracker works, but when I query the fca with my VIN it says no build sheet found. I spoke to jeep chat today and they indicated it’s shipping, so I’m on the lookout for my window sticker now. Hasn’t popped up yet though.

wildallways

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon 392 2021 Ford Explorer ST
Same issue for me. I assumed it my own operator error. The link from this build tracker works, but when I query the fca with my VIN it says no build sheet found. I spoke to jeep chat today and they indicated it’s shipping, so I’m on the lookout for my window sticker now. Hasn’t popped up yet though.
Try looking for your Jeep on your dealers website. Thats how I found my VIN

RoadRunner

First Name
Tami
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Build Thread
Link
Sport Unlimited Altitude
5/13 placed order
5/20 VON/POC
5/22 VIN
5/24 build sheet
5/26 sticker
5/28 shipped
6/2 delivered

Picking it up tomorrow! 🥰

Hydro blue
3 piece Hard top
2.0 L Automatic
Convenience group
LED lights
side steps
technology group
all weather floor mats
A96E808D-2869-49C2-BB0E-D6FBA6D1A5BC.jpeg

Purple Turtle

First Name
Sabrina
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Purple TJ, 2021 HellaYella JLUR
So great news!

Today Jeep chat says it's in the painting stage, after a month of D1 to D and back. My excitement is immeasurable. Still no build or sticker sheet though.
That is awesome!!!!! Congrats on moving forward... I'm stuck in D1 but with many Rubicon 3.6L going through I'm hoping mine gets lumped in with them. I'm thinking it isn't as random and the poster above is right.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Allmoparparts.com

Advertisement