JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
I have a 2018 JKU with the premium soft top. We love it with the exception of getting things in/out of the back with the window in place. As with anything there are pros and cons. The noise IS NOT BAD AT ALL. Its not as quiet as the hard top, but you can definitely have a bluetooth convo through the stereo. The Sunrider is worth the price of admission. Freedom tops don't even begin to compare to the simplicity of the Sunrider.

Leaks are not a bigger deal than the hardtop either. We actually bought a hard top to try out. Used it one winter, and are now selling it along with our JKU to make room for the new JLUR (ordered with only a premium soft top). Now to be fair, we take the top completely off once the weather is worth it (typically mid-May) and keep it and the doors off until around late October. We have a garage, and it is not a daily driver. NOTHING better than a naked Jeep, foot pegs, a great stereo system and some open road. Our Mustang even sees less usage now unfortunately.

But I digress... The Jeeps ordered with only a soft top will not have the wiring for the wiper, defrost, etc. We found that out the hard way, but honestly, it would not have mattered. Hard tops are not for us. The rear glass on the hard top is, for me, the only real pro to the hard top that matters.

Might be worth taking a soft top Jeep from the lot for a day to see if it is something you can live with.
Have you checked out the EZ Window for the soft top rear window? Its made by the makers of the EZ Trunk

Advertisement

akajones

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 02 Mustang GT, 12 Volt, 22 CCSB F250
Have you checked out the EZ Window for the soft top rear window? Its made by the makers of the EZ Trunk

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!! Why am I only hearing about this now? We are definitely getting that for the JL. Poor 75 lb dog jumps into the back with the bar still engaged. She just won't wait for us to lift it.

LIttle things like this can help make a 'not perfect' build get closer to perfect. Thank you for showing us that.

Yolojeep.... you seeing this?!?!?!?!?

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!! Why am I only hearing about this now? We are definitely getting that for the JL. Poor 75 lb dog jumps into the back with the bar still engaged. She just won't wait for us to lift it.

LIttle things like this can help make a 'not perfect' build get closer to perfect. Thank you for showing us that.

They are pro military and law enforcement too... Offer a discount for them. Your welcome lol

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I ordered the EZ Trunk but held off on the window, though it seems badass. Let me know your thoughts on it so I can order one too. I'm already too many toys deep on a jeep that is still sitting in ohio for this stupid recall.

Sponsored

akajones

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 02 Mustang GT, 12 Volt, 22 CCSB F250
Got our VIN today. So similar boat here. Accessories are en route.... Jeep... not so much.

JL_Jeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon, 2016 Husqvarna FE350S
Occupation
Computer Geek
I was shocked at how fast my build was. I ordered on 1/12 and JL was at the dealership on 2/12. Thank you to this forum for all the great info and help in getting the best price!

Latitude

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Renegade Trailhawk/2021 JLU Willys ordered
Just did my weekly check-in with Jeep Chat; no change. Still "should be entering the build process very soon".

Ajbol

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018/F150, 2021 JLUR on order
I met with my dealer yesterday...and after 4 months with no movement (not even a VIN) I pulled the plug on my order for my dream Rubi. They had an 80th anniversary Sahara on the lot that fit the bill and that I will actually be able to take home this week!
Sadly, the Rubi will have wait...but I will be in a Jeep!
End of the day, this one will have many of the features I was looking for. Can't wait!

Sponsored

scooter540

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
I met with my dealer yesterday...and after 4 months with no movement (not even a VIN) I pulled the plug on my order for my dream Rubi. They had an 80th anniversary Sahara on the lot that fit the bill and that I will actually be able to take home this week!
End of the day, this one will have many of the features I was looking for. Can't wait!
Sorry to hear you had to pull the plug, I don't blame you at all after that length of wait without even a VIN to show for it. Hope that Sahara treats you well!

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
Did you consider canceling the existing order and placing a new one? Might have been a glitch of some sort on the original order and a new one might move through more quickly.

Ajbol

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018/F150, 2021 JLUR on order
Did you consider canceling the existing order and placing a new one? Might have been a glitch of some sort on the original order and a new one might move through more quickly.
I hadn't really thought of that - and it wasn't suggested...but I was done waiting. If I had 4 more months to wait might have just waited. Dealer offered me someone else's cancelled Rubi...but he couldn't provide a date for that one either. Only diff between theirs and mine was they had a VIN.

mbaglole

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU
Just got an update from the dealership - Jeep unloads at the rail yard on 02/18/2021. Can take up to a week to get it to the dealership; ETA one of the next two weekends. Woo.

PS: The rear LoD bumper and rock sliders beat the Jeep.
Jeep has touched down at the dealership, I pick her up tomorrow! 2 months from date of placing order.

5344.jpeg

Advertisement

Advertisement