JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

JeepinInIdaho

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 3500, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
We have a shipping window! Estimated delivery between 11/9 and 11/23. Assuming it makes it there by the 23rd, that would be 29 calendar days from order to delivery. Time to go camp out in the dealership parking lot!
Funny, I ordered a JLUS Willys on 10/2. On 10/29 I received much the same estimate you just did, "Current Dealer ETA is 11/09/2020 - 11/23/2020". My order is shipping to Idaho.

Advertisement

TheLodgeOne

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Unless you ordered a manual JLUR. My order date was 10/2 VIN 10/7 so far no other updates. Looks like selecting a MT does add a delay? Oh well......
Hm I would like to see some stats on that.. My thinking is that it would have to be a delay due to availability of manuals? Maybe takes longer to get those in, since they're less common. Because as the vehicle moves through the assembly line, I wouldn't think installing a manual takes any more time than an automatic.

At the same time, JC has been telling me they have all the parts needed and I'm in D1 for the last 9 days... while CrazyCatMan ordered about the same vehicle 2 days later (but in automatic I presume) and its ready to be shipped.

Absolutely not hating though. Very happy for the people that are getting their Jeeps in record short times. Mostly just very curious about how operations as big as this are organized.

Last edited:

Sponsored

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
With all the reported wins I gave Jeep Chat another ring today. It's been three days since last check but no change, still at "parts sequenced entering build soon". 10/7 order Rubicon. (Personally I'm still estimating 11/9)

BasherXt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Rubicon on order
Hopefully the build windows are coming down. I was told 6-8 weeks or more and it was right as 6 weeks to delivery

PhillysWillys

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sage Green
Unless you ordered a manual JLUR. My order date was 10/2 VIN 10/7 so far no other updates. Looks like selecting a MT does add a delay? Oh well......
It certainly does. I ordered my JLUW 6-speed on 9/11. Chat says it finished initial build and is back "waiting on an installation". Didn't have any further information or estimates. Still just a build sheet. I can't figure out what they could be adding...However, as TheLodgeOne pointed out, that would be a strange thing to add AFTER the build.

Hopefully yours won't take as long as mine has. I can't figure out what else it could be. Dual Top and Towing package don't seem to make sense and the Safety Groups one would assume would be put on during the build. LED lights?!?

BasherXt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Rubicon on order
On a random note, does anyone know how to unsubscribe to this thread. I uncheck the options to watch and receive emails but when I do it keeps defaulting to being checked and the emails are getting old. Is there another option?

letank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cayenne, 2013 SL550 , 2021 JLUR, 2021 992C2S
They're trying to crank these out before the next shutdown. Covid still spiking.

Sponsored

tts42572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Agree. Something picked up at the factory or somewhere along the chain.

I originally did my first order on 8/29. However, after wanting to change a few things, I did a new order on 10/7. As of 10/7, my dealer had an estimated ship date of 10/16 on that first order so it was about 6 weeks for shipping and would've been 8 weeks to delivery for me.

So my new order was placed on 10/7. I had my fingers crossed for Christmas and was telling myself I'd be elated to have it by mid December.

Well, got my build sheet on 10/28 and my sticker on Crypto 11/4. And chatted with Jeep chat today who said it's shipped with estimated arrival to dealer between 11/4 and 11/18.

Hopefully not too much longer now...by the end of next week would be great and a nice surprise!

Definitely seems like they cranked things up a bit.

They're cranking out the October orders

operator22

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
I may be wrong here but I think JLUR = 4 door rubicon, JLUS = 4 door sport. I ordered a 4 door Willys, which I understand is built on the sport platform. Maybe should have called it out as a JLUW?
I ordered a Willys also. I’m going to call it a Willys :)

TheLodgeOne

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Does anyone know which is generally more accurate: JC or the dealer's update?
FC- D1 for the last 9 days. No estimate for build or ship date.
Dealer- On Monday called and told me estimated shipping date is 2 weeks from then (11/16).

tts42572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I'd say the dealer has the best information.

I just try not to bother them a lot :)

Dealer- On Monday called and told me estimated shipping date is 2 weeks from then (11/16).

CrazyCatMan

First Name
Bronson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 2022 JLUS Altitude
+1 for the dealer. I remember reading something in the order and delivery process thread that mentioned that dealers have access to a tracking program that tracks the delivery from start to finish and can even tell when the train passed through a checkpoint via RFID. I've also only bugged mine a total of twice, once for the VIN/POC and once for a financing question. Hopefully mine reaches out soon once he finds out mine is built and has a delivery window.

Advertisement

Advertisement