Sponsored

JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

Deleted member 53226

How many Monster owners are there on here? I would have never suspected. This year marks my 50th in the saddle - no offs yet.

0-100 in the 5s - if you can launch it properly (I don't dare). It's basically a huge engine with a motorcycle attached to it.

IMG_8277.JPG
Nice bike. I never owned a Monster, but FWIW I had a 2002 Ducati 998 monoposto for years. Blood red with the white monoposto number boards. 998R ECU chip and full termingnoni exhaust. Semi-reliable electrical system. Ridiculous maintenance schedule and costs. But man that engine! That bike hauled and cornered like it was on rails.

Sold it and regret it every day. Often find myself thinking where she is and whether she misses me as much as I miss her. I know it sounds weird, but if you've ever owned a dry-clutch Ducati, or any Ducati for that matter, you'd understand completely.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking SAM_2219.JPG

Advertisement

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Never will touch a bike. Saw too many mangled bodies of people on them when I was a deputy. Most of them I worked on were self-inflicted. And my granddaughter's boyfriend died on one this year doing 80 mph in a 35 zone hitting a truck. State Patrol caught one this month doing 155 on the interstate.

Funny one though, stopped at a light when a man and woman pulled up behind on a big tricked out Harley. Put his feet down but couldn't hold it up and on its side it went. But he wasn't strong enough to push it back up.

EchoCharlie1

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR; '17 F-250 FX4 Platinum; '15 Tesla S 85D; '15 Volvo XC60 T6; '16 Ducati Monster 1200R; '09 Vans RV-6
Occupation
Navy "Mustang" (ret); Engineering Manager, Space/Maritime Programs
Never will touch a bike. Saw too many mangled bodies of people on them when I was a deputy. Most of them I worked on were self-inflicted. And my granddaughter's boyfriend died on one this year doing 80 mph in a 35 zone hitting a truck. State Patrol caught one this month doing 155 on the interstate.
Iā€™m slowly getting away from it, but all the years Iā€™ve ridden, Iā€˜ve attended many recurrent training courses. As such, all those folks acting like idiots are referred to as ā€œorgan donorsā€, even by experienced riders. Iā€™m happy going at normal speeds and when on twisting roads, even 45 mph can be fun. I get my ā€œneed for speedā€ at 3500ā€™, going 200mph and doing light acro, pulling a few Gā€™s. THAT, is where the fun is!
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking 7B77DEAA-DD12-433D-AE16-B0C2E716FF57

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
How many Monster owners are there on here? I would have never suspected. This year marks my 50th in the saddle - no offs yet.

0-100 in the 5s - if you can launch it properly (I don't dare). It's basically a huge engine with a motorcycle attached to it.
I do love a good Monster.

An alternative, perhaps? I love my Speed Triple. Have my eye on a Tuono (or Tiger 900) though...

(first, current, wife's motos)
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking Motos

Sponsored

EchoCharlie1

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR; '17 F-250 FX4 Platinum; '15 Tesla S 85D; '15 Volvo XC60 T6; '16 Ducati Monster 1200R; '09 Vans RV-6
Occupation

An alternative, perhaps? I love my Speed Triple. Have my eye on a Tuono (or Tiger 900) though...

Motos.jpg
I have a neighbor thatā€™s willing to part with a ā€˜96 Daytona III w/2285 miles on the Cosworth engine, if you have an interest.

srs148

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Billet JLUR, 2014 Jeep GC Summit
Once you get your Jeep. Donā€™t forget to go to bonusdrive.com and see if youā€™re eligible for the $250 cash back
Did Bonus Drive publish the 2021 car year yet? Last I checked, it was only showing 2020s.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.

Actually, I find the mini bike most compelling. Very cool

Deleted member 53226

Iā€™m slowly getting away from it, but all the years Iā€™ve ridden, Iā€˜ve attended many recurrent training courses. As such, all those folks acting like idiots are referred to as ā€œorgan donorsā€, even by experienced riders. Iā€™m happy going at normal speeds and when on twisting roads, even 45 mph can be fun. I get my ā€œneed for speedā€ at 3500ā€™, going 200mph and doing light acro, pulling a few Gā€™s. THAT, is where the fun is!
7B77DEAA-DD12-433D-AE16-B0C2E716FF57.jpeg
So, about the cage. . . I assume that's where the exotic animals sleep, and are trained. Tigers and such? LOL.

Sponsored

Rumplemenz

First Name
Geno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport, 1986 Ford Mustang Notchback

Daahhaamm tht is called ummmm.. quick as sh$t..lol. Never owned a bike. My adrenaline is an 86 notchback.. it wld get whoopped by this bike but bikes freak me out.

EchoCharlie1

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So, about the cage. . . I assume that's where the exotic animals sleep, and are trained. Tigers and such? LOL.
LOL...thatā€™s the swimming pool covering to keep out the ā€˜squitos and no-see-um...state birds of Florida!

Advertisement

Advertisement