JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
Like many of you, Jeep Chat tells me mine is built and sitting in storage. I prodded a little further asking about a reason so many of ours are stuck and the answer I received:

" I have not seen any that are shipped out, so I would believe it but we have not received any announcements to indicate it is intentional."

I take that as no 2021's have been shipped out. New estimate ship date for me per chat is 9/1.
Some additional info...

My salesman is telling me the Jeep is built sitting in storage until all 2020's are shipped. He too is frustrated and is recommending customers call the Jeep hotline and complain - believes this has worked for at least one customer to get a 21 in transit.

So I tried this, and failed. In fact, the hotline gave me a completely different status than chat gave me, putting me back a step or so. Pressed for additional and she said there is nothing else she can do. I'll likely try calling again this PM to speak to someone else.

kingpinJL

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited, 2021 JLUR
I'm still convinced JC is a bot, there are no humans answering questions... the only humans are on the factory floor with Marcell!
Randy is for sure a real person, I told him I didn't care what they said about him and cheeseurgers(trailer park boys joke) and he said he got it.

J1mbo

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Just got this from Jeep chat: I am glad to let you know, your vehicle is coming along the process nicely and is currently in scheduling status! Congratulations! That is the stage where we get all the items together then sent a plan or schedule for final assembly.

Sounds better than what I was getting before.....

Ordered a 2021 Sahara on 7/20.

Patientlywaiting

First Name
Saint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Patriot
Some additional info...

My salesman is telling me the Jeep is built sitting in storage until all 2020's are shipped. He too is frustrated and is recommending customers call the Jeep hotline and complain - believes this has worked for at least one customer to get a 21 in transit.

So I tried this, and failed. In fact, the hotline gave me a completely different status than chat gave me, putting me back a step or so. Pressed for additional and she said there is nothing else she can do. I'll likely try calling again this PM to speak to someone else.
I called and they said my Jeep was still in production and not in storage and to give it another week or two. She said it was was in JS status which is shipped to to storage .
Could be that they updating to unconnect 4? Or adding the 21 tech updates to 20 computers/infotainment systems?
Either way I’m OK with waiting for extra Quality Control with them having people work doubles and 60+ hours a week

Sponsored

JMon

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara Altitude (arriving soon)
I called and they said my Jeep was still in production and not in storage and to give it another week or two. She said it was was in JS status which is shipped to to storage .
Could be that they updating to unconnect 4? Or adding the 21 tech updates to 20 computers/infotainment systems?
Either way I’m OK with waiting for extra Quality Control with them having people work doubles and 60+ hours a week
JeepCares commented in another thread that it was their understanding that the 2021s would not be getting the upgrade to UConnect 5, but they also sounded like they were guessing. Not sure about UConnect 4 though.

WeakFish

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Sahara
Just got this from Jeep chat: I am glad to let you know, your vehicle is coming along the process nicely and is currently in scheduling status! Congratulations! That is the stage where we get all the items together then sent a plan or schedule for final assembly.

Sounds better than what I was getting before.....

Ordered a 2021 Sahara on 7/20.
I received the exact same message today. I too have ordered a 2021 Sahara. Order date was 7/27 and I obtained my VIN number from the dealer on 8/3.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
JeepCares commented in another thread that it was their understanding that the 2021s would not be getting the upgrade to UConnect 5, but they also sounded like they were guessing. Not sure about UConnect 4 though.
Last announcement I saw the only 2021 getting UConnect 5 is the Pacifica. Other midels to get jt starting in 2022 models.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I know this is early and doesn't mean much right now, but I got my VON today.
2021 JLUR Sting Gray
When did you order? You should get your VIN and POC within three or four days of ordering. If not tell the dealer you want them.

Sponsored

J1mbo

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
I received the exact same message today. I too have ordered a 2021 Sahara. Order date was 7/27 and I obtained my VIN number from the dealer on 8/3.
I hope that means production sooner rather than later.

Caymanedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
When did you order? You should get your VIN and POC within three or four days of ordering. If not tell the dealer you want them.
Bill of Sale and then VON today. Sent deposit last week. Dealer said I should see the VIN this week.

sdg1452

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
I ordered 7/13 a diesel rubicon. The dealer gave me the vin to search but it says build and sticker not found.
It seams like something should be there considering it was ordered 7/13.
Anyone have any suggestions?

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
I ordered 7/13 a diesel rubicon. The dealer gave me the vin to search but it says build and sticker not found.
It seams like something should be there considering it was ordered 7/13.
Anyone have any suggestions?
It hasn't been built yet.

gatbagel

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Bolt, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon on order
I just went to check if the build sheet had been published and wouldn’t you know....the build found now says build none. What is happening here @nerubi ???? :headbang:
@WillysGirl what do we think this means, when build was found for awhile, but now it isn't? seems like something good happened, right? or maybe not. it was a glimmer of hope, then it wasn't... but I'm ok with it

Advertisement

Advertisement