Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Also, if you watch one of the assembly line videos you will see lines of nearly fully assembled Wranglers pushed to the side to wait. Don't know what that is for. Could be waiting for inspection, waiting to go to JB.

Advertisement

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like some of the Sport S builds are getting a discount. Guessing for the recent upgrade of equipment. But watch your base price to see if it increased. Nothing in this life is free.

DeviantCK

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara Manual. Expecting 2021 JLU Rubicon Manual Sarge Green
Looks like some of the Sport S builds are getting a discount. Guessing for the recent upgrade of equipment. But watch your base price to see if it increased. Nothing in this life is free.
except anxiety! lol but that is a great tip!

Sponsored

bullfrog3459

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Caliber (Sold), 2012 Black Dodge Journey, 2021 HellaYella Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
Network Administrator / Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the update. I'll have to bug the dealership and see what they say.

Sponsored

Parratt

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUD, 1988 MJ, 2010 XK (Sold)
Start my leave Next week. Hope my 2021 Eco gets built and somehow arrives before i go back to work Mid September. Cant wait. Just bought some 35" K02. Deciding on AEV pintler or Borah wheels. Plenty of mods in mind. Lack of Canadian order tracking sucks.

gatbagel

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Bolt, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon on order
As you can see by the early 2021 results there is no logical sense to the assembly build order - not date ordered, not trim, not color, not number of doors, not engine. Either a random number generator or someone picking a VIN out of a big list by closing their eyes and pointing to one seems most likely.
I wonder if expected destination might be a sort order/parameter they consider - like, do all the 2021's going to Florida, for example, so they load that train together....

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Start my leave Next week. Hope my 2021 Eco gets built and somehow arrives before i go back to work Mid September. Cant wait. Just bought some 35" K02. Deciding on AEV pintler or Borah wheels. Plenty of mods in mind. Lack of Canadian order tracking sucks.
Getting to Edmonton could take two to three weeks. So it would need to get built and ready to go in the next week. Check out the Guide: Order, Build, Transport document in the sticky section for the Canadian truck company website that once it is off the rail they can give you info on location and time.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if expected destination might be a sort order/parameter they consider - like, do all the 2021's going to Florida, for example, so they load that train together....
The destination is known before order and that might be part of the sequence factor. If yours is going to Cincy most deliveries within 250 miles of the plant go direct by truck so they would hold enough built ones heading in the same direction to get a truck full. I know there are shortages of trucks that have delayed some but Pennsylvania was getting theirs a day or two after loading.

Now if you lived in Toledo yours would still have fresh paint when it was delivered. But you still pay the same delivery fee as the rest of us.

Advertisement

Advertisement