First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Liberty (formerly), 2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Pascal for me was like a 100 years ago. First was Fortran. Then COBOL.
I learned Fortran in college but then the teacher figured out that C was better for the memory management. I never got into COBOL however. The new object oriented ones I am clunky with

Advertisement

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
As you can see by the early 2021 results there is no logical sense to the assembly build order - not date ordered, not trim, not color, not number of doors, not engine. Either a random number generator or someone picking a VIN out of a big list by closing their eyes and pointing to one seems most likely.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I learned Fortran in college but then the teacher figured out that C was better for the memory management. I never got into COBOL however. The new object oriented ones I am clunky with
i was never in computer science but engineering so those were the languages recommended for us. In graduate school I was in business college so we covered IT on the data side - data analysis, DBMS theory.

Brian1022

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Liberty (formerly), 2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
i was never in computer science but engineering so those were the languages recommended for us. In graduate school I was in business college so we covered IT on the data side - data analysis, DBMS theory.
I went for mechanical engineering and we used them as tools towards the class, I think the classes were trying to fold it in so that we would have more tools in our toolkit. I have since worked my way up to systems engineering....and now I live 99% inside of Microsoft Office :LOL:
I let the experts in each field be wizards at the programming.
What kind of Engineering did you do?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Mechanical for 15 years, then IT data architecture management and consulting. Also law enforcement.

Sponsored

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
That tells the workers about which process to follow and means you get special handling - VII is be careful with this one and make sure everything works. XIII means spit on the steering wheel and take your lunch break in his vehicle.

Not sure what it means since I think it is on most sheets.
as long as Manquel and Marcell were handling myJeep. I kinda feel like I know them at this point. Lol

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
as long as Manquel and Marcell were handling myJeep. I kinda feel like I know them at this point. Lol
Yeah, that hamburger and fries Manquel had for lunch last night looked pretty good. Hope he didn't get any ketchup on your seats. At least they are social distancing by sitting in the Jeeps to eat.:like:

morreale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR / Shelby GT500
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
how long before crypto updates? my build is available but not showing on crypto yet although i can follow the link on crypto and retrieve it. does it poll the data at a certain interval to update itself?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Look what showed up in my inbox today!!! :jk::handsinair: Jeep chat said this morning mine was still in trim. :)

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking F4D49B95-2198-4C65-B91F-18ECA7F30BBD
Crypto still going through current run. Watch shortly for WillysGirl to publish it and make it official. Who can trust an email?:)

Sponsored

DeviantCK

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara Manual. Expecting 2021 JLU Rubicon Manual Sarge Green
As you can see by the early 2021 results there is no logical sense to the assembly build order - not date ordered, not trim, not color, not number of doors, not engine. Either a random number generator or someone picking a VIN out of a big list by closing their eyes and pointing to one seems most likely.
And whenever they pick mine they say lets pick again we dont like this one guy

WillysGirl

First Name
Dara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
how long before crypto updates? my build is available but not showing on crypto yet although i can follow the link on crypto and retrieve it. does it poll the data at a certain interval to update itself?
It’s about 80+/- minutes. But the last day or so the cycles have been a little bit longer. Also, I can’t post as frequently as @nerubi had been posting. I try to do it as often as possible, however.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Crypto queries US and Canadian Jeep databases for each open order by alphabetic nickname order. It will show found on the list but doesn't allow the public to see the build sheet until the second run then we can all see if it verifies it is real. If it has concerns about it then it is moved to Purgatory. That is why she says subject to build sheet verification.

Right now with the number of open orders the cycle takes 85 minutes +/- 5 minutes.

Advertisement

Advertisement