Sponsored

JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
DF130226-DF3F-4ECB-9C82-9EC7A0B5E0CA.jpeg

She’s home and had a nice bath after 650 miles of bugs from Koons to Georgia. Well worth the drive. Big thanks to Craig Benner for making it quick, easy, and hassle free.
Just curious, did you follow the engine break in from the owners manual? I have a 550 mile drive hime when mine comes in.

Advertisement

ctarpley

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon (in progress)
Just curious, did you follow the engine break in from the owners manual? I have a 550 mile drive hime when mine comes in.
I did. 300-350ish miles of Virginia backroads then I hopped on the interstate and continued to vary speed/rpms. No cruise control. I took it easy. Will it make a difference in the long run? Who knows, but it was an easy step to take just in case.

AppleJacks23

First Name
A.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Human Resources
Vehicle Showcase
Has the tracker been updated for 2021 diesels? I have info from FCA, but my build (RKWRUBI) is showing unknown for engine.

Sponsored

JustAnotherChicken

First Name
Tundra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Ooo. In the tracker mine went from build and sticker status “not found” To “none” .
Not to stir the pot on this, but....

When I check by nickname on my browser at home (which is where I entered the VIN on crypto) I get "Not Found". When I check by nickname on my browser at work I get "None". I have inferred from that there is a cookie involved.

Pipewench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU & 1947 Willys CJ2A, now eagerly awaiting my 2020 JL
Occupation
Plumber

When I check by nickname on my browser at home (which is where I entered the VIN on crypto) I get "Not Found". When I check by nickname on my browser at work I get "None". I have inferred from that there is a cookie involved.
Similar for me, I believe.

wtodd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HellaYella JLR 6spd w/ BnL re-gear, MC 3.5"
The Automotive Gods are capricious.

Since *my* Jeep is finally being unloaded at the rail yard, I couldn't put off taking my trade-in to the shop for some last minute maintenance. They gave me a rental car. I was expecting the usual Nissan Altima or maybe I'd be lucky and get a Ford Escape. Nope: A 2020 HellaYella JLU.

I'm so confused.

I feel like it's the week before my wedding and I'm having a fling with my fiance's older sib.

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
The Automotive Gods are capricious.

Since *my* Jeep is finally being unloaded at the rail yard, I couldn't put off taking my trade-in to the shop for some last minute maintenance. They gave me a rental car. I was expecting the usual Nissan Altima or maybe I'd be lucky and get a Ford Escape. Nope: A 2020 HellaYella JLU.

I'm so confused.

I feel like it's the week before my wedding and I'm having a fling with my fiance's older sib.
Enjoy it, that doesn't happen that often :devil:

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Has the tracker been updated for 2021 diesels? I have info from FCA, but my build (RKWRUBI) is showing unknown for engine.
Crypto gets the vehicle info from the VIN but the programmer hasn't updated it to understand the new codes. Diesel will show as Unknown, 2021 (as well as some other model years) as ?.

Last edited:

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Crypto doesn't like long nicknames. If you look on the Open Orders and find yours you will see it cut off. Not sure how he has it programmed for that but some times I type someone's long nickname in it says nickname not found. Other times it finds the record. Since he did this quickly and for free no one has bothered him to ask why.

JustAnotherChicken

First Name
Tundra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Crypto doesn't like long nicknames. If you look on the Open Orders and find yours you will see it cut off. Not sure how he has it programmed for that but some times I type someone's long nickname in it says nickname not found. Other times it finds the record. Since he did this quickly and for free no one has bothered him to ask why.
I was going to disagree but I figured I should double-check first. What I noticed on double-checking is that the bookmark at home is the ?vin= form, but the bookmark at work is the ?nick= form. It is consistent for me... So now I wonder if @Patientlywaiting may have the same thing - sometimes looking up in crypto by nickname and sometimes by VIN.

I've never looked up anyone else's on crypto so can't say what to expect there.

Advertisement

Advertisement