JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

laurankoby

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport Altitude, 2020 Jeep Wrangler
What is the groups thoughts on manual vs automatic transmission? I know there was some issues with manuals earlier in the year. Any info on what the problem was ? Thanks in advance for any input.

Advertisement

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
What is the groups thoughts on manual vs automatic transmission? I know there was some issues with manuals earlier in the year. Any info on what the problem was ? Thanks in advance for any input.
From what Ive seen in other threads, the issue was a line bleeding air into the system so the clutch stopped engaging fully over time which increased friction and caused problems. All the factory ordered 6 speeds after the recall have had all the work done on them so SHOULD be good provided their fix prevents it going forward.

It took me about 80 miles to get used to the clutch, it's far softer than anything I've driven, but once it clicks and you pick up the really narrow bite point in first gear it's EXTREMELY fun to drive, I'm so glad I was patient and held out for a manual, it just feels at home in this Jeep.

Pipewench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU & 1947 Willys CJ2A, now eagerly awaiting my 2020 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Well, fair warning, I am EXTREMELY biased on this so....

Manual transmission is all I want. Driving is my stress relief, be it highway or offroad. It's what I do for pleasure; it's what I enjoy. Manual transmission is probably 50% of what I love about driving. Feeling the engine, feeling when and how to shift, having the control of what gear you're in and when - half of what I love about driving is wrapped up in having a stick shift.

I do recognize that there are significant benefits to some of the modern automatic transmissions out there, and even ones with paddle shifters and such that allow you some portion of the control that I enjoy. But there's really no middle ground, not substitute to having a clutch and a stick that will satisfy that want in me.

So. Which is better? For me, there's no question. Other people will vary; some love the convenience of NOT having a clutch and a stick. Some find manual transmission to be more work than having an auto, and will therefore take more pleasure in NOT having a manual.

For going off road, though, I really don't think there's anything currently that can really replace driver input and manual transmission on tricky trails. I think in the future, this will change. I do think there could one day be "better" automatics that can judge terrain and gear better than a human. But I don't think we're quite there yet.

Sponsored

laurankoby

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport Altitude, 2020 Jeep Wrangler
At my age I look at what happens if I break my leg or my arthritis spreads into my left hip/knee. Then I just have a lump sitting in the garage.
Kind of my thoughts too but hope I am still a long ways from that. I run a lot and my knees feel it now. Ha!

I have very mixed feelings on the subject of transmissions. My Cherokee is automatic with remote start, VW Beetle is manual, 2 door Wrangler is manual. Keeping the 2 door to be more of the ‘toy’ and not everyday ride.

Any aftermarket remote start on manual ?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing new (other than a lot of 2021 order registrations) in Crypto since the two builds earlier. Post #6433 on page 429 of this thread shows most likely remaining 2020 orders.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Crypto update:

yennaswami build/sticker/complete invalid ordered date
schirmy sticker invalid ordered date export

Recent Crypto registrations not indicator of new builds

Last edited:

Thunderburns350

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willy's
Finally got the new Jeep yesterday! And of course it was beautiful and sunny with almost no chance of rain
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking 0711201343_HDR

So my fiance, her brother, and I went to pick up her Indian from getting serviced. My last Wrangler was an 07-2 door soft top but with this one being a hard top I decided that I (obviously) wanted the top down but since I've never done a hard top we just took the front 2 panels out for experimental and ease purposes. Then right after we picked up her Indian.....
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking 0711201645_HDR

We ended up popping the interiors cherry with a rain storm that came in fast and heavy . Ive been riding motorcycles most of my adult life but my fiance just got her 1st one this year so with us all getting rained on we decided to pull over and grab a brew to wait everything out. Sunshine, rainstorm, and then more sunshine. Being a proud Hoosier I never know what the Indiana weather machine is going to bring but day number 1 was perfect.

As for this....
I got a manual and after driving it yesterday I'm only like 150 miles in but I do love it.....I hate the auto engine shut down thing (whatever its called). It's really weird in a manual but there is a one button touch override so I just have to get used to pushing it as part of my start up process. The clutch in the JL is a little deep but not as deep as my 07 which I felt like I was always pushing straight to the floorboard. From researching and contacting people about the manual transmission issues @WreckEm711 summarized it pretty well. It should all be fixed now and thats why I wasnt hesitant to get one even though I knew they were in the middle of a recall when I ordered mine.

jllinas

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Finally here!! I have been dreaming with this car for many years.
Picked it up yesterday, drove over 300 miles to the dealership but worth every minute on the way back home.
Ordered vehicle 5/25/2020
Received by dealership 7/09/2029
Delivered 7/11/2020
Family is loving it. Looking forward for some adventures and great memories!

E0E7BA19-19C8-4FF9-A145-8AF5865EF547.jpeg

792B1286-005D-4DC1-A871-D93BDF6F85BC.jpeg

3B93F13A-AAD9-40FB-A81C-6637F30F621B.jpeg

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Picked it up yesterday, drove over 300 miles to the dealership but worth every minute on the way back home.
Delivered 7/11/2020

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking 3B93F13A-AAD9-40FB-A81C-6637F30F621B

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking 3B93F13A-AAD9-40FB-A81C-6637F30F621B

Sorry can't be yours. FCA hasn't even published a build sheet for yours yet. They must of sent you my order by mistake.:CWL:

Thunderburns350

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willy's
Delivered 7/11/2020

That blacked out grill looks good

jllinas

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Sorry can't be yours. FCA hasn't even published a build sheet for yours yet. They must of sent you my order by mistake.:CWL:

I probably entered a wrong character on the VIN, reason why I created another nickname in crypto “JALC” ✅

ShariJeep

First Name
Shari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys, 2012 JKU previously
Finally got the new Jeep yesterday!
0711201343_HDR.jpg
:party::party::party: CONGRATULATIONS!!! Isn’t the Willys awesome?! I absolutely LOVE mine!! Even though the wait seemed like forever, I love that it’s everything I wanted! Enjoy yours and I hope to see you in the Willys forum!

Congratulations!! :party: Love that color! Enjoy it!

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I probably entered a wrong character on the VIN, reason why I created another nickname in crypto “JALC” ✅
Still think it is mine - look on the window sticker bet it says this vehicle was especially made for nerubi.

Advertisement

Advertisement