Sponsored

JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

Jackson

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR (Awaiting Delivery - Order Date 7/20/18), Billet Silver, 3.6 V6, 8 spd. Auto, Sky One-Touch Power Roof, Leather Interior, Color Fender Flares, Remote Proximity Keyless, Steel Bumper, Safety Group, Infotainment, LED Group. Trailer Tow
Occupation
Retired Lawyer
There is a very long thread labeled: Power Soft Top Available to Order 6/7! [UPDATE: OPEN NOW and First Confirmed Order!]

Most of us ordered arouround June 8. Most went to D1 within days and were originally quoted a June 18-24 build build date.
The Sky One-Touch fanatics (like myself) have been waiting to order for over a year. Check out the thread. Most have received the same September 10 build date.
JeepCares, Jeep Customer Care and our dealers have confirmed the sad story of the new September 10th build date from multiple directions.
I suggest you call your dealer and see if you are in D1 and what you have for a build date. Jeep Cares gets the big picture really well, but the dealers have the best handle on status and build dates.
Jeep Garage does not have any knowledge of my revised September 10, Build Date.
Conflicting Information on Production of Vehicles With Sky One-Touch Power Tops

I now see where you are coming from on the Power Top Production date. The bottom line is that FCA officially began to take orders for the power top option on 6/7 and thereafter claimed they were incapable of building such an equipped vehicle until 9/10. One would think that accepting an order would have been preceded by a thorough corporate analysis as to whether they could keep their promise to timely deliver power top vehicles to their customers.

Two weeks ago my car dealer told me: "Your vehicle is in production" and they claimed that is all the information they have;

On Monday, Jeep Chap
told me: "You have been in D1 Status since 8/1. They claimed they could not access a production date or any information that would explain a delay." In fact, I was told that my vehicle was proceeding within the normal timeline. They have assigned me a "case reference number" and suggested I call back in a couple weeks. I suspected that the "case number" tactic achieved nothing and was not even shared with the production people;

On Monday I sent an email inquiry to Chrysler Group LLC Customer Assistance:
inquiring about the status of my vehicle. They sent me a response this morning that said "The current status as of 8/27/18 is the following: Order is moving through the build process and is currently in the status of paint." The case reference number included in the email correspondence was different that the one provided to me by "Jeep Chat."

Today, The Jeep Forum reflects: "None" under "Build Order " and "None" under "Window Sticker."

I certainly lack confidence in the entire Jeep tracking & communication process. Would you recommend that I pay the tracking fee to Jeep Garage?

b97bf0827143aafeb58b1d862820f0eb4f767bd3.jpg

Advertisement

boilerman

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon
Looks like my JLUR Mojito is on the way to the dealer!! Ordered 8/3! Toledo to Columbus! Shouldn’t be too much longer. Lol
that's great! i also ordered on 8/3 and mine has been sitting at nitro creek since 8/21. i was hoping it would move by now.

Shawnphi1

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep jk rubicon
Thx!! I ordered on 8/3 and called my dealer on 8/8 to give me my vin and von number order sheet to confirm my Jeep was ordered and not paperwork waiting and it gave me and estimated delivery date on that sheet. I’m at the dealer picking it up now. Very excited. 25 days since day of ordered!! When I ordered though, the led option and steel bumper wasn’t available to order at that time so that could be why Jeep was completed already and not waiting on those parts!

Shawnphi1

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep jk rubicon
Thx. Hang in there man!! I’m at my dealer now picking it up. Good luck and hopefully u don’t have to wait much longer!!

Sponsored

boilerman

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon
Meant for boilerman!! Sorry at the dealer and very excited and clicked wrong button
i am hoping it is here soon. have fun on the ride home
i did get the LED's so that did not slow me down. i think it is waiting for a few others to be trucked my way to make a full load

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
Conflicting Information on Production of Vehicles With Sky One-Touch Power Tops

I now see where you are coming from on the Power Top Production date. The bottom line is that FCA officially began to take orders for the power top option on 6/7 and thereafter claimed they were incapable of building such an equipped vehicle until 9/10. One would think that accepting an order would have been preceded by a thorough corporate analysis as to whether they could keep their promise to timely deliver power top vehicles to their customers.

Two weeks ago my car dealer told me: "Your vehicle is in production" and they claimed that is all the information they have;

On Monday, Jeep Chap
told me: "You have been in D1 Status since 8/1. They claimed they could not access a production date or any information that would explain a delay." In fact, I was told that my vehicle was proceeding within the normal timeline. They have assigned me a "case reference number" and suggested I call back in a couple weeks. I suspected that the "case number" tactic achieved nothing and was not even shared with the production people;

On Monday I sent an email inquiry to Chrysler Group LLC Customer Assistance:
inquiring about the status of my vehicle. They sent me a response this morning that said "The current status as of 8/27/18 is the following: Order is moving through the build process and is currently in the status of paint." The case reference number included in the email correspondence was different that the one provided to me by "Jeep Chat."

Today, The Jeep Forum reflects: "None" under "Build Order " and "None" under "Window Sticker."

I certainly lack confidence in the entire Jeep tracking & communication process. Would you recommend that I pay the tracking fee to Jeep Garage?

b97bf0827143aafeb58b1d862820f0eb4f767bd3.jpg

If my order was in paint, I would. Jeepgarage.org is suposed to have more complete info than the Jeep Build and sticker lookup.
I am assuming you have looked on the Equipment Listing of the Jeep webselfservice page under the Equipment listing selection where you enter your VIN. If your Jeep is in the paint stage it should show up.
https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/jeep/index.html

Last edited:

boilerman

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon
i am hoping it is here soon. have fun on the ride home
i did get the LED's so that did not slow me down. i think it is waiting for a few others to be trucked my way to make a full load
i am up next...............Gate Out 08/28/18 03:54:00 PM TOLEDO - NITRO CREEK VDC (on truck to dealer)
thumbsup.gif

mputonti

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Lucky guys! I ordered mine on 8/6 and while I have the VIN I am not showing anything off the Jeep website. Getting annoyed. Ordered Rubicon in orange. I have a garage full of parts and stuff ready to go!

Dogboyslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Punkn.
Dealer just gave me my VIN. Ordered 8/27 so not really expecting much, but I'm still "NOT FOUND" Mostly I'm hoping to have it before the snow flies.

Sponsored

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
Dealer just gave me my VIN. Ordered 8/27 so not really expecting much, but I'm still "NOT FOUND" Mostly I'm hoping to have it before the snow flies.
Got my VIN. Today as well. Ordered 8/25.
Nothing in the tracker yet

Shawnphi1

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep jk rubicon
Got my VIN. Today as well. Ordered 8/25.
Nothing in the tracker yet
Don’t let it discourage u. Mine said “not found” til day it was delivered to dealer. I had better luck with Jeep garage for updates but u have to pay for a level 3 or above member for details. Also u can hassle ur dealer for updates.

jpaustin87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon White
I just ordered out of Louisville
Jeep was an inventory order on 3/8
I put deposit down and changed to sold order on 8/17
D1 8/20
E 8/25
Kz 8/29 morning check w/ Jeep

Dealer called 8/29afternoon and said my Jeep had shipped

Update*** Jeep line says released not shipped 8/30 smh

White JLU Rubicon
Steel Bumpers
LED
NAV
Leather
Painted top/fenders
Keyless proximity entry

To give an idea of type. I have read a lot about not being able to order steel bumpers and LEDs lately but maybe since this was an old inventory order they were allocated already?

Anyone have any insight on ship time being this close?

Last edited:

cjmdwyer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 2.0 sting gray
does it matter i am not sure of actual order date? My build and sticker not found. ordered like 8/20 or so.

Warhawk

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JLUR
Occupation
Data Engineer / Application Developer
I just ordered out of Louisville
Jeep was an inventory order on 3/8
I put deposit down and changed to sold order on 8/17
D1 8/20
E 8/25
Kz 8/29 morning check w/ Jeep

Dealer called this afternoon and said my Jeep had shipped

White JLU Rubicon
Steel Bumpers
LED
NAV
Leather
Painted top/fenders
Keyless proximity entry

To give an idea of type. I have read a lot about not being able to order steel bumpers and LEDs lately but maybe since this was an old inventory order they were allocated already?

Anyone have any insight on ship time being this close?
Did you order from Cross? I did the same...put a deposit on an inventory order (08August) on 13August. D1 on 20August...but no updates since.

(Update) Currently F status....so hopefully I am shipping soon.

Last edited:

Advertisement

Advertisement