JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

Sulo

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited
Ordered 4/19/18 and Completed 8/20/18. Don't have my JL Unlimited 2.0L Sport yet, as it came in with a damaged door and scratched... MY dealership has not been great at communicating the details though so not sure when I will get mine. Bothering them daily.

Advertisement

Robieman

First Name
Robie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150; Sharron's 2020Grand Cherokee
I don't think we are a "nuisance" -- we are their reason for existing. If it wasn't for so many of us contacting JeepChat or calling the 877 number, Jeep wouldn't have a reason to hire them and they would be out of a job. So, if you want to help the job market in Ohio or Detroit, call *often*.

For whatever reason, Jeep *wants* to do it this way. They could easily (and more cheaply) set up a system where once the VIN gets assigned, it is associated with your jeep.com logon ID and you could easily check the status of your vehicle as often as you wanted. For repetitive requests like this, a web interface is perfect. Save the actual people for handling the *exceptions*.

Robieman

First Name
Robie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150; Sharron's 2020Grand Cherokee
Ordered a 2 door in Ocean Blue on Monday. Notified it had been assigned vin and D1. Just entered info into Tracker. Can’t wait to see how it comes along.
Thanks for this,
Robieman

18RubiJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, JLUR
I'm out of JB today, KZ now.. still no sticker though.

Reactions: Pam

TylerW79

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
First off, kudos and many thanks to whoever put this tracker together. Like many of you, I became obsessed with tracking the production of my new Jeep JLUR.

I recieved my build sheet over a week ago, and I finally hit KZ status 3 days ago. Today I received an email that my window sticker was available to view, but when I download it the file says that there is no sticker available for my VIN.

Sponsored

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
First off, kudos and many thanks to whoever put this tracker together. Like many of you, I became obsessed with tracking the production of my new Jeep JLUR.

I recieved my build sheet over a week ago, and I finally hit KZ status 3 days ago. Today I received an email that my window sticker was available to view, but when I download it the file says that there is no sticker available for my VIN.
Try this link, but copy/paste your VIN after the "=" .... https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=

Jnz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Moab
The tool looks very cool! Does the window sticker need to be available for it to work? I keep getting an error message (on iPad) when I enter my info, but I don’t think my window sticker is available yet. My dealer gave me the last 8 of my VIN and said I’m in D1 status, but that’s all I know so far.

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
The tool looks very cool! Does the window sticker need to be available for it to work? I keep getting an error message (on iPad) when I enter my info, but I don’t think my window sticker is available yet. My dealer gave me the last 8 of my VIN and said I’m in D1 status, but that’s all I know so far.
You can hit up Jeep Chat and get your VIN. https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/jeep/index.html

Jackson

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR (Awaiting Delivery - Order Date 7/20/18), Billet Silver, 3.6 V6, 8 spd. Auto, Sky One-Touch Power Roof, Leather Interior, Color Fender Flares, Remote Proximity Keyless, Steel Bumper, Safety Group, Infotainment, LED Group. Trailer Tow
Occupation
Retired Lawyer
Has My Sky One-Touch Power Top Option Caused My Order To Take a Back Seat to Hard Tops & Soft Tops?

I Ordered a 2018 JLUR on 7/20. By 7/27 it was assigned a VIN and moved into "D" status. On 8/1/17 it received a "D-1" Code and I was told by Jeep Chat that all parts had been gathered and assigned to my vehicle. I was informed further that my vehicle should begin the build process shortly. Twenty-Seven days later, I am still in "D-1" status. Jeep Chat now tells me it is customary for a vehicle to remain in "D-1" for six weeks. They say that after six weeks an effort can be made to request that my order be expedited. From this forum's tracking tool, I am seeing vehicles ordered AFTER mine being delivered to customers. Yet, my vehicle has not even started the build process. I am a long way from the KZ status which will then entail the time associated with railroad shipping. Did my selection of the Sky One-Touch power roof cause my vehicle to take a "back seat" to hard tops and soft tops?

Back Seat.jpg

Reactions: Pam

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
Has My Sky One-Touch Power Top Option Caused My Order To Take a Back Seat to Hard Tops & Soft Tops?

I Ordered a 2018 JLUR on 7/20. By 7/27 it was assigned a VIN and moved into "D" status. On 8/1/17 it received a "D-1" Code and I was told by Jeep Chat that all parts had been gathered and assigned to my vehicle. I was informed further that my vehicle should begin the build process shortly. Twenty-Seven days later, I am still in "D-1" status. Jeep Chat now tells me it is customary for a vehicle to remain in "D-1" for six weeks. They say that after six weeks an effort can be made to request that my order be expedited. From this forum's tracking tool, I am seeing vehicles ordered AFTER mine being delivered to customers. Yet, my vehicle has not even started the build process. I am a long way from the KZ status which will then entail the time associated with railroad shipping. Did my selection of the Sky One-Touch power roof cause my vehicle to take a "back seat" to hard tops and soft tops?

Back Seat.jpg
The Sky One-Touch Power Top is the reason for the delay. Last word production should restart around September 10. Call your dealer and ask for a build date. Jeep customer service may not be able to see it. There are a lot of us who ordered in early June who are anxiously awaiting the restart. To my knowledge they built a limited number and then halted production. They have not said what the problem is, just that there is a one.

Sponsored

cjmdwyer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 2.0 sting gray
Ordered a Mojito Moab edition unlimited a week ago. Have vin and jeep says its in D1 status as of the 21st. Said its "gateway schedule order ready to proceed" Hopefully wont take the full 2 months, we will see.......

Jackson

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR (Awaiting Delivery - Order Date 7/20/18), Billet Silver, 3.6 V6, 8 spd. Auto, Sky One-Touch Power Roof, Leather Interior, Color Fender Flares, Remote Proximity Keyless, Steel Bumper, Safety Group, Infotainment, LED Group. Trailer Tow
Occupation
Retired Lawyer
The Sky One-Touch Power Top is the reason for the delay. Last word production should restart around September 10. Call your dealer and ask for a build date. Jeep customer service may not be able to see it. There are a lot of us who ordered in early June who are anxiously awaiting the restart. To my knowledge they built a limited number and then halted production. They have not said what the problem is, just that there is a one.
I find your September 10th production "restart date" for the power roof equipped 2018 Wrangler's to be highly improbable.
All 2018 model production comes to a halt on 10/27 and two days later production of the 2019 model commences. Can you cite to a source that says power roof production has halted and won't restart again until 9/10?

1513113314861.jpg

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
I find your September 10th production "restart date" for the power roof equipped 2018 Wrangler's to be highly improbable.
All 2018 model production comes to a halt on 10/27 and two days later production of the 2019 model commences. Can you cite to a source that says power roof production has halted and won't restart again until 9/10?

1513113314861.jpg
There is a very long thread labeled: Power Soft Top Available to Order 6/7! [UPDATE: OPEN NOW and First Confirmed Order!]

Most of us ordered arouround June 8. Most went to D1 within days and were originally quoted a June 18-24 build build date.
The Sky One-Touch fanatics (like myself) have been waiting to order for over a year. Check out the thread. Most have received the same September 10 build date.
JeepCares, Jeep Customer Care and our dealers have confirmed the sad story of the new September 10th build date from multiple directions.
I suggest you call your dealer and see if you are in D1 and what you have for a build date. Jeep Cares gets the big picture really well, but the dealers have the best handle on status and build dates.
Jeep Garage does not have any knowledge of my revised September 10, Build Date.

Kingpre

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray, 2013 JKU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like my JLUR Mojito is on the way to the dealer!! Ordered 8/3! Toledo to Columbus! Shouldn’t be too much longer. Lol

A693F972-570C-4B3D-9825-F97E4BD3F8F5.png
This is awesome! So quick for you! How long after your order did you have an estimated delivery date? I’m excited for you!

Advertisement

Advertisement