JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
Hi, Long time lurker, first time poster. My window sticker popped up overnight. I noticed a couple things missing it lists safety group but not blind spot monitoring or cross path and it lists the LED package but only lists LED tail lights. Those missing items are listed on the build sheet but not the sticker. Is it possible that it was built without those options or am I just paranoid?
Another member posted this exact question a few weeks ago. The general consensus is there is just so much space on the window sticker and they cant list every single option included in the package. Fear not, you're gonna get everything you ordered.

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLU Sport S, ‘16 Silverado
Well that's simply not true. If you go in a couple years to sell this and plug your vehicle into KBB, nowhere is it going to ask what day your vehicle was built. It's going to compare pricing data against like model year vehicles.
But year of the vehicle is only 1 factor of many in valuing your vehicle, mileage and condition is even more important so a “beat” 2021 with 30,000 miles on it with be worth less than a nice 2020 with 15,000 miles on it. I ran KBB on two jeeps with identical specs, one a 2019, the other a 2020, both with 15,000 miles and the came out $1,200 different. However when I halved the mileage on the 2019 (7,500), indicating a vehicle that was purchased later in the year, it was basically a wash, only $300 different. I tried it with a 2019 vs a 2018 and the difference was even less so it’s really only a thing the first year or 2 of a vehicles life.

So there is a “difference” but it’s very little in the end, especially with real world numbers.

Hmmm... you ordered a few days after me and have a higher VIN. I wonder if mine might be built soon. :fingerscrossed:
They are not built and numbered sequentially.

Hi, Long time lurker, first time poster. My window sticker popped up overnight. I noticed a couple things missing it lists safety group but not blind spot monitoring or cross path and it lists the LED package but only lists LED tail lights. Those missing items are listed on the build sheet but not the sticker. Is it possible that it was built without those options or am I just paranoid?
As stated by @TheNewGuy this came up last week (and multiple times before) and they only list some things on the window sticker due to space constraints. Don’t over-think it!!!

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
So there is a “difference” but it’s very little in the end, especially with real world numbers.
If you went to a dealer lot and there were two identical jeeps sitting there with the exact same mileage and in the exact same condition except one had $1200 in cash sitting in the glove box with a bow wrapped around it, and the dealer said "you can have either one, they both just got here", which one would you take?

Opnavpete

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GC
Another member posted this exact question a few weeks ago. The general consensus is there is just so much space on the window sticker and they cant list every single option included in the package. Fear not, you're gonna get everything you ordered.
Thanks!

Sponsored

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99tj 21 2dr willys sport, 22 4dr willys sport XR
I know I'm in the minority but for what I wanted I would pick the 2021 to get the 5inch radio. In 2022 7inch becomes standard on all sports. I recently picked up my 2021 2dr willys sport and was disappointed to see it had power heated mirrors,locks and windows. It slipped by me that these options were added upon selection of half doors.. Dealer says I should be happy because it like I got them for free. Nothing at all wrong with those options just not the jeep I personally was after. Was going to trade back in on a 2022 without half doors but then I'm getting the 7inch radio unless I order without ac. So maybe I'm the guy you mentioned who is not in his right mind! Lol To me it's more about getting the jeep I want than the value of it.

Reddog74

First Name
Beck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RooRoo
Just jumping in here on the posts regarding 2022's being built. I would love to know how someone who orders a 2022 Jeep would get their build sheet and estimated del. so quickly when there are sooo many of us still waiting for our jeeps to be built and we haven't heard a darn word ??? How is Jeep able to pull that nonsense off?? It will be 20 weeks now since I placed my order, and I have not heard a word about WHEN my Jeep will be built, yet their are people on here that place the order last week and they already know. .

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99tj 21 2dr willys sport, 22 4dr willys sport XR
Trust the build sheet. Power windows were nowhere on my window sticker but were on the build sheet and actual jeep when it arrived.

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLU Sport S, ‘16 Silverado
If you went to a dealer lot and there were two identical jeeps sitting there with the exact same mileage and in the exact same condition except one had $1200 in cash sitting in the glove box with a bow wrapped around it, and the dealer said "you can have either one, they both just got here", which one would you take?
The fact that this is your take proves you didn't actually read what was written but just pulled out the one line that supports your way thinking. It doesn't even make sense.

Read the rest of what I wrote, it explains it's not that simple and it literally no difference if it's a '22 or a '21 the moment you drive it off the lot. It's not a hard concept to see and proves '21 or '22 is just an mindset thing when there are zero changes between the 2 years.

Kryten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Just jumping in here on the posts regarding 2022's being built. I would love to know how someone who orders a 2022 Jeep would get their build sheet and estimated del. so quickly when there are sooo many of us still waiting for our jeeps to be built and we haven't heard a darn word ??? How is Jeep able to pull that nonsense off?? It will be 20 weeks now since I placed my order, and I have not heard a word about WHEN my Jeep will be built, yet their are people on here that place the order last week and they already know. .
There are many things that factor into when yours gets built. Apparently ordering from a dealer with lower sales numbers can cause yours to be low priority. The options you chose can cause delays. The lower trim levels have a lower profit margin so they may be lower priority.

Maybe you should cancel your order and order a 2022 from a high volume dealer.

Sponsored

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
Read the rest of what I wrote, it explains it's not that simple and it literally no difference if it's a '22 or a '21 the moment you drive it off the lot.
The rest of what you wrote basically says "if all things else are equal, the newer model year car is worth more". Yes, there are other factors that go into the value, but comparing two vehicles in different condition and different miles doesn't tell you that.

The fact is, and is supported by the numbers you gave, that by assigning the vehicle a 2022 vin# instead of a 2021 vin #, the resale value of the vehicle is increased. The amount of that increase does taper off as the vehicle gets older, but if you had two identical jeeps come off the factory floor on the same day and one had a 2021 vin # and the other had a 2022 vin #, it would immediately be worth more money.

KJKWillys

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Granite Crystal Willys - 6 Speed Manual
Same boat. I think its a conspiracy against those of us that ordered from New England!

bckly

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Occupation
Engineer
Picked mine up just moments ago! Great experience can’t wait to drive this thing home 😁
Forgot to post photos yesterday. I’ll try to get some good ones off the tan leather interior too

8C060BDB-367B-4259-80BF-2C731D360E1A.jpeg

8BC3679A-79CB-408C-85F2-E2AA652B7CFC.jpeg

1BBD69AE-A6A3-4BCF-84BD-B029CE527855.jpeg

AD6D301F-5BD8-41D1-9512-66F75EB4338F.jpeg

The_Irish_Weaver

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S - 2-door - Manual
Just a heads up for those anxiously looking at the crypto tracker. I ordered mine 9-11-21 - still unfound on Crypto -

on Jeep Chat: Your vehicle is fully assembled and ready for the road! Congratulations! The ETA to the dealer is 12/06/2021 - 12/16/2021

Advertisement

Advertisement