JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
Why is there zero chance of that? They’re literally the same vehicle with no changes, not even new colors. Besides, just because it’s not built yet doesn’t mean they can’t estimate a ship date. If they can estimate the build date and they know how long it takes to build then they should be able to easily estimate a ship date. People act like this is some complex process. It’s not. They’ve made millions of these things they should be able to make pretty accurate estimates as soon as you place the order. The only reason things have been slow lately is because our entire society is out of whack at the moment.
They just dont do it that way. Imagine a 21 that's already depreciated coming off the line after a 22. There is always a pause between model years even if it's just incremental changes such as new colors (Silver Zenith) or trim changes. Will they have a shutdown for the changeover this year.? Maybe not. But the most optimistic date for 2022 production to start is currently 12/6. I didnt get a solid build date until my build sheet was found in crypto and an estimated ship date until it was in the build process.
Try getting an estimated build date when you place an order. At best you get a window of "xx to xx weeks" and even then there are people who were given a window and are now a month+ passed that window with still no build date. Many orders on here have regressed from D1 to D status or have sat at the vendor for days or weeks waiting for optional accessories to be installed only to sit again waiting for transportation. Your last sentence basically explains why the build process isnt as straightforward as it has been in the past.

Advertisement

bckly

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Occupation
Engineer
Got an email from Jeep that mine was delivered on 11/19 so hoping to hear from Kent tomorrow!
Picked mine up just moments ago! Great experience can’t wait to drive this thing home 😁

KJKWillys

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Granite Crystal Willys - 6 Speed Manual
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
They just dont do it that way. Imagine a 21 that's already depreciated coming off the line after a 22. There is always a pause between model years even if it's just incremental changes such as new colors (Silver Zenith) or trim changes. Will they have a shutdown for the changeover this year.? Maybe not. But the most optimistic date for 2022 production to start is currently 12/6. I didnt get a solid build date until my build sheet was found in crypto and an estimated ship date until it was in the build process.
Try getting an estimated build date when you place an order. At best you get a window of "xx to xx weeks" and even then there are people who were given a window and are now a month+ passed that window with still no build date. Many orders on here have regressed from D1 to D status or have sat at the vendor for days or weeks waiting for optional accessories to be installed only to sit again waiting for transportation. Your last sentence basically explains why the build process isnt as straightforward as it has been in the past.
Not sure him getting a ship date of 12/18 and 2022's starting 12/6 are mutually exclusive statements. That makes complete sense. I also think it makes complete sense that the week of 12/6 2022's start getting built while some 2021's are still being finished due to specific parts shortages. Weeks of 12/6 and 12/13 will likely have 2021's finishing out and being finalized and shipped while 2022's are being built. No one other than the factory workers actually know, the rest of us are just guessing.

Also, I don't see how the concept of depreciation really would play into what the manufacturer would do in this regard. 2021 made on Friday 12/3 is worth exactly 3 days less on 12/6. Not a whole year less.

Ordered my 2022 on 10/11. Hoping to have it in January, but will be happy whenever it gets here!

John

Serenity

First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Back in June, my dealer didn't tell me a time frame, but urged me to join Tread Lightly right away as orders had been arriving quickly.

15 weeks later to the day I picked up my rig.

I just hope the folks that ordered 22s manage their expectations better than I did. The wait was excruciating.
I happened to check today to see if I could join Tread Lightly for the discount off my 22 Sahara that I just ordered 11/26/2021 and found out that you haven't been able to get Tread Lightly discount on a Wrangler since sometime in Oct. This news is worse than having to wait! Congrats on your new ride!

Sponsored

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
2021 made on Friday 12/3 is worth exactly 3 days less on 12/6. Not a whole year less.
Well that's simply not true. If you go in a couple years to sell this and plug your vehicle into KBB, nowhere is it going to ask what day your vehicle was built. It's going to compare pricing data against like model year vehicles.

reddipl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Well that's simply not true. If you go in a couple years to sell this and plug your vehicle into KBB, nowhere is it going to ask what day your vehicle was built. It's going to compare pricing data against like model year vehicles.
Truth!

scj64

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Ram 2500, ‘23 R/T, ‘23 20A 392, ‘22 FLHTK
Just curious. When did you order and what are the last 6 digits of your VIN? Which trim level and options did you order? I ordered a Rubicon with a manual transmission and I'm afraid with the options I ordered I might be one of the unlucky ones that has to wait a lot longer than everyone else.
10/26 110770
2Door Rubicon 2.0L Sarge Green, hard top, steel bumpers, LED lights. No leather.

scj64

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Ram 2500, ‘23 R/T, ‘23 20A 392, ‘22 FLHTK

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
Not sure him getting a ship date of 12/18 and 2022's starting 12/6 are mutually exclusive statements. That makes complete sense. I also think it makes complete sense that the week of 12/6 2022's start getting built while some 2021's are still being finished due to specific parts shortages. Weeks of 12/6 and 12/13 will likely have 2021's finishing out and being finalized and shipped while 2022's are being built. No one other than the factory workers actually know, the rest of us are just guessing.

Also, I don't see how the concept of depreciation really would play into what the manufacturer would do in this regard. 2021 made on Friday 12/3 is worth exactly 3 days less on 12/6. Not a whole year less.

Ordered my 2022 on 10/11. Hoping to have it in January, but will be happy whenever it gets here!

John
Book value is based on year not day its built. That said, yes the depreciation really isnt an issue to the manufacturer, it's more a buyers issue. They really should have started 22 production already and not be delivering MY21 Jeeps in January which is a possibility for some.

Sponsored

Kryten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
So what? The point still stands. Why does it matter if the 2021 was built after a 2022 if it was still built and delivered in late December of 2021 or in January of 2022. If they start making 2022s before you get your 2021 and you're worried about the year on the title then just cancel your order and place an order for a 2022.

areuriding

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon XR
My Jeep finally arrived at Petersons today. The build was moved 3 times since August. Now I have to wait for the documents to be sent for signing, then schedule a shipper to pick it up and deliver to Va. I was planning on flying out and driving back but it took so long to get I can't take leave now. Probably best, I wouldn't wanna get caught in a snow storm in the middle of December driving back. Not that I worry about me, it's a jeep and it can go pretty much anywhere. It's the other people I'd be worried about. Oh and it's a Rubi XR in Granite, skytop leather, and everything else, even got the lower bodyside graphics package.

Kryten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
10/26 110770
2Door Rubicon 2.0L Sarge Green, hard top, steel bumpers, LED lights. No leather.
Hmmm... you ordered a few days after me and have a higher VIN. I wonder if mine might be built soon. :fingerscrossed:

areuriding

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon XR
The one pic I got sent off the truck was just a tease, waiting on more pics or even a video. It looks way better than I imagined... Pinch me, I'm dreaming lol

mgrin3006

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys (delivered 1/28)
Occupation
Retired Fire Inspector
Hmmm... you ordered a few days after me and have a higher VIN. I wonder if mine might be built soon. :fingerscrossed:
I was thinking the same thing. I ordered on 10/13 with last of VIN 102519.

Advertisement

Advertisement